The Shit Thread: Excremental Discussion

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
I wasn't there for an awful lot of things I'm not convinced about... 300metres of flying shite!
May I assume that you have not yet seen images of the young Japanese lady who will forever be known as 'Tubgirl'? If not, I suggest you do not go in search of her pictures. Remember my Fortean friend, once seen, some things cannot be unseen.

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Julian Assange probably didn't actually go fecal crazy in the embasy btw. Ecuador smears Assange, not the other way round.

Governments look for every excuse to shut down anyone who wants to show people what they get up to. As Humphrey Appleby of "Yes Minister" used to say "You can have openness... or government".

It's shit hot man!

Life thrives in Antarctic hot spots created by seal and penguin poop
By Helen Santoro May. 9, 2019 , 11:00 AM

In the desolate Antarctic landscape, life is hard to come by—unless you’re near some seal and penguin poop. The nitrogen-rich feces enrich the soil and create hot spots with lots of biological diversity that can extend more than 1000 meters beyond the borders of penguin and seal colonies, according to a new study.

Scientists trekked through fields of waste created by elephant seals (Mirounga angustirostris) and Antarctic penguins, including gentoo (Pygoscelis papua), chinstrap (P. antarcticus, pictured), and Adélie penguins (P. adeliae). The team examined the soil and plants surrounding these colonies at three separate locations along the Antarctic peninsula. Where there are more seals and penguins—and more of their poop—there was more biodiversity in the land, the researchers report today in Current Biology.

The feces partially evaporate as ammonia, which then can get blown more than 1000 meters inland by the wind and is absorbed into the soil, the scientists note. ...

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/201...rctic-hot-spots-created-seal-and-penguin-poop

grimnebulin

Oh your red scarf matches your eyes...
There's poetry in motion!
There's beauty in the bran!
There is no magic potion,
Just prunes and the What-The-F-Plan!

(Sorry. I'll get me coat.)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Saw a kids' toy product today called 'Mermaid Poo'. It's like glittery silly putty stuff.
When I looked it up online I noticed it's generally about £4 or so, which is a bit dearer than the £ Shop price I saw it for.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Saw a kids' toy product today called 'Mermaid Poo'. It's like glittery silly putty stuff.
When I looked it up online I noticed it's generally about £4 or so, which is a bit dearer than the £ Shop price I saw it for.
We have a large children's section in one of our stores & sell this delightful product (it's a huge seller)!
unicornpoo.jpg

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Unicorn stuff seems to be big at the moment in stores .. I did a 2 month contract this Christmas just gone at a chain store and if it wasn't 'naughty elves', it was unicorn stuff, everything you can think of but unicorn themed, I was knee deep in the stuff .. it reminded me of the time me and a girlfriend did a night shift at a Toys R Us store and had to catalogue mountains of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff in the early 90's.

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
Unicorn stuff seems to be big at the moment in stores .. I did a 2 month contract this Christmas just gone at a chain store and if it wasn't 'naughty elves', it was unicorn stuff, everything you can think of but unicorn themed, I was knee deep in the stuff .. it reminded me of the time me and a girlfriend did a night shift at a Toys R Us store and had to catalogue mountains of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff in the early 90's.
There was a "doc" on Sky about "people who identify as unicorns", I thought it would just be people playing dress up and not much else. In fairness, there wasn't much else but those people were the most insufferable Nathan Barley cunts I've ever seen.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
There was a "doc" on Sky about "people who identify as unicorns", I thought it would just be people playing dress up and not much else. In fairness, there wasn't much else but those people were the most insufferable Nathan Barley cunts I've ever seen.
Someone's posted a link here about a man who swapped a couple of cases of beer for a sheep with a single horn sticking out .. not sure which thread it's in sorry ..

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
Someone's posted a link here about a man who swapped a couple of cases of beer for a sheep with a single horn sticking out .. not sure which thread it's in sorry ..
Bargain, that sheep is worth three to three and half cases of beer.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Absolutely. Unicorns reign supreme in the children's retail world and have done so for the past couple of years. Mermaids tried to usurp them and narwhals also had a crack but neither came close. Slap a unicorn on whatever product you sell and it's bound to be desired by young girls under 12. For boys, it's dinosaurs. Always dinosaurs.

LordRsmacker

Abominable Snowman
In certain circles*, a "unicorn" is a young, single, bi-sexual woman who is looking to play with both the male and female partners of a couple (who are probably "mature" and not exactly gym-bunnies) - ie. they reputedly exist, but aren't evident in the real world.

*OK, on FAB Swingers.com