• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Shit Thread: Excremental Discussion

A shovel? That's a bit high-tech, ain't it? :shock:

Anyhow, burying it seems to have been the mistake the Essenes made...

Let the sun get at it, I say! :D

Gives new meaning to 'shitting a brick' i guess :lol:

Human waste given new meaning to ‘man made bricks’

Human waste has given a new meaning to ‘man-made’ bricks – after Leeds lab technicians devised a way of using it to build houses.

The technique, which was devised by Leeds University spin-out company Encos, turns sludge – a bi-product of human faeces – into carbon negative building bricks and breeze blocks.

Research shows that traditional building materials are responsible for around five per cent of global carbon dioxide emissions.

The process is currently being trialled and tested at Yorkshire Water’s sewage treatment works at Knostrop in south Leeds.

Jon Brigg, innovation development manager at Yorkshire Water, said: “We are always looking for ways in which we can make the best use of our waste to have a positive impact on our environment and this project is a great way to reuse incinerated sludge ash which has traditionally been sent to landfill.”

He added: “With new building regulations coming into force in the next few years, home builders will need to reduce the embedded carbon cost of all new homes – the bricks and blocks will provide a perfect alternative to traditional house bricks.”

The process involves sludge being incinerated and made into ‘ashes’, which are then mixed with vegetable oil binders to make the building materials.

By using incinerated sludge as a component, Yorkshire Water says it is also reducing the amount of waste it sends to landfill.

The bricks and blocks are carbon negative because the plants used to make the vegetable oil have absorbed CO2 from the atmosphere.

Yorkshire Evening Pest

And to quote the comments section:

Hope they use these in any new building work on the houses of parliament.
:lol:

This is nothing new. I remember reading years ago about how solid waste from a sewage farm was being turned into grit, for use in tarmac. Shit can be turned into grit! :)

There was an item a few weeks back about making roof tiles from recycled disposable nappies. Together with these brick you could build the house at pooh corner...

Here's a news story for the ages:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eing-sought-by-police/?utm_term=.5eb4191c25f1
Colorado Springs police seek runner who won’t stop pooping in front of a family’s house
By Rachel Chason

Her children were the first to catch the runner mid-poop, with her pants around her ankles, Cathy Budde said.

Immediately, they ran to get their mother.

“They are like, ‘There’s a lady taking a poop!’ So I come outside, and I’m like … ‘are you serious?’ ” Budde told KKTV.

She confronted the woman, asking, “Are you really taking a poop right here in front of my kids?”

“Yeah, sorry,'” the woman replied.

So nobody has been able to follow her home and shit all over her place, shame

Has this woman sadly got genuine mental health issues (so give her a break) or does she just enjoy being punched ? .. if someone crapped on my front lawn I wouldn't punch them, I'd pick it up and throw it at them .. good luck filing an assault charge against me when it's your DNA tested poo mother hugger .. if she's a bit bonkers I feel sorry for her though and she'd deserve some kindness :(

Everybody was flung poo fighting — Carnoustie kids make mess of residential street
by Rob McLaren
October 1 2017, 11.58amUpdated: October 1 2017, 12.07pmNEXT POST
© DC Thomson
Gjen-carnoustie-dog-mess5-620x372.jpg

The 'poo fight' occurred near the entrance to Carnoustie House Grounds

Youngsters hurled bags of dog waste at each other in a fight in a quiet Carnoustie street.

Bags from a dog poo bin ended up bursting on roofs and cars in the middle of the night.

It has emerged that the fight occurred between a group of young teenagers near the gates to Carnoustie House Grounds at around 2.30am last month.

Last weekend bags of dog poo were thrown over children’s play equipment within the park.

But residents in the town have now spoken out about the earlier incident.
etc...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...noustie-kids-make-mess-of-residential-street/

Dirty little beggers. What are they doing out at that time of day?

Rob McLaren will never have to buy a drink at the Courier bar again after coming up with that headline.

Unfortunately it will prove to have been the apex of his career as a journalist, and will be followed by a long, slow slide to obscurity, alcoholism and death.

*Happy days are here again/The skies above are clear again...*

maximus otter

It's probably an urban myth but when the Titanic sank, it is alleged that the Courier's headline was "Dundee Man Drowns at Sea."

Another mystery pooper nabbed.

Police hunting a suspect who relieved himself on school grounds "on a daily basis" in the US state of New Jersey have arrested a top education official.

Kenilworth school superintendent Thomas Tramaglini, 42, was detained after investigators set up a sting operation to snare the "mystery pooper".

Police were called after students complained of frequent excrement near their school running track and field.

Mr Tramaglini is charged with lewdness, littering and defecating in public. ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43998174

Is it some sort of a kinky thing to shit on someones property?

How is it pronounced if written phonetically? It is always great to be able to insult someone in another language. :)

Wasn't Queen's Radio Gaga inspired by Roger Taylor's toddler son saying 'radio caca'?

Wasn't Queen's Radio Gaga inspired by Roger Taylor's toddler son saying 'radio caca'?

Yes. Taylor has claimed his original concept was 'Radio Ca Ca', to highlight the state into which the radio medium and radio programming had devolved. This was supposedly criticized as too edgy, so the 'ca ca' was changed to 'ga ga'.

Not sure if this belongs here or in Strange Crimes - feel free to move it but wash your hands afterwards.
Man, 75, uses ‘home-made pump’ to spray his poo through friend’s letterbox
Bradley Jolly Wednesday 30 May 2018 7:37 pm

Pensioner travels 200 miles to spray poo through man's door
A pensioner stored his own poo in a container for two months before shoving it through a friend’s letterbox in a bitter dispute. Geoffrey Holroyd-Doveton, 75, used a ‘home-made pump’ to spray the excrement into Donald Wicks’ home as a disgusting act of revenge. The former mates had fallen out as Holroyd-Doveton thought Mr Wicks had contributed to his recent divorce and ‘ruined his life’, a court heard. But the OAP travelled more than 160 miles from Rotherham, South Yorkshire, to Mr Wicks’ house in Braintree, Essex, with poo he had stored for two months and splattered it into the home. It caused £4,000 in damage.

etc...

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/30/man-...ay-his-poo-through-friends-letterbox-7592037/

Back