• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Shroud Of Charlton Athletic (Simulacrum; Selhurst Park)

A

Anonymous

Courtesy of the amazing Randi, click here for a simulacra of the Turin Shroud upon the hallowed turf of Selhurst Park.
Link is dysfunctional / dead. No archived version found.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this website, Selhurst Park is home to Crystal Palace, and also shared by Wimbledon!

I think Charlton play at the Valley. Suggestion: delete thread, start again!

Good shroud image, BTW. How did Randi get involved?

rynner said:
According to this website, Selhurst Park is home to Crystal Palace, and also shared by Wimbledon!

I think Charlton play at the Valley. Suggestion: delete thread, start again!

Good shroud image, BTW. How did Randi get involved?

Ah, but the Shroud of Charlton Athletic sounds better (has slightly biblical overtones. Or is that Charlton Heston?)

Randi is probably skeptical that football is played at Selhurst Park (as are quite a lot of other people:D )

Stu (can't talk as he supports Bristol City) neville

Just had a thought, DD: if the "Charlton" thing came from James Randi, could you prove him WRONG and claim the million dollars? If so, I want half! :p

And Stu, I like the sound of "The Shroud of Crystal Palace" - that has a sort of Arthurian myth kind of ring to it. Wasn't Merlin or Arthur entombed in a crystal cave? Wooo...!

The power of Port

It was late, I was tired, etc.etc.
You are of course correct, but what do you expect from a Spurs fan, football knowledge???:D

Unfortunately I reached the conclusion myself, so Randi's cash is safe for now.

Hmm... maybe a thread on how we can get hold of Jimbo's dosh is in order....

Bump ...

Here's a 2006 web presentation of the same illusion / simulacrum.

Selhurst Park Jesus.jpg

Selhurst Park Jesus Illusion

Michael Tulley sent in this new Jesus Illusion :) Along with the aerial photo below, he wrote: “I don’t know if you have seen this before, this is an aerial photograph from streetmap.co.uk. It shows the football ground of Crystal Palace FC in London, England. The image of Jesus appears in the wear and tear of the grass on the pitch!

SOURCE: https://www.moillusions.com/selhurst-park-jesus-illusion/

Back