• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Sierra Sounds: Our Freakiest Bigfoot Evidence?

Dunbaraj

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)

So imagine you're sitting around the campfire and you hear THESE SOUNDS coming from the shadows behind you. Terrifying.

One professional linguist actually determined a deliberate language in this amazing audio. What do you think?

A little background. The Sierra Sounds were recorded over the course of several years in a remote Sierra Nevadas deer hunting camp, 8 miles from the nearest back country road. Now and again, these creatures would actually terrorize the group of men, but generally kept a distance. One of the men involved was actually an investigative journalist and tried to disprove these sounds as much as he could... even going so far as to rummage through the backpacks of his fellow travelers to find some kind of hoaxing evidence.

He never found a shred of evidence disproving the validity of these amazing recordings. (1)

1. http://bigfootbase.com/bigfoot-evidence/sierra-sounds-impressive-evidence-bigfoot/2017/

I will have a listen when I get hime. Sounds intriguing.

I am unimpressed.

Those sounds could be many things.

Sounds can get distorted at night, especially in mountainous forested areas.

It reminded me of Piltdown Man in Tubular Bells.

Blimey, now your showing your age, but yes quite agree, I knew that (alleged) Bigfoot sounds over the years reminded me of something, you've got it spot on.

I went to a Tubular Bells concert at Wembly. I feel sooooo old. Thanks @min_bannister. :)
Awwwww! :D

Incidentally, here is how the sound was created.

http://www.soundonsound.com/people/classic-tracks-mike-oldfield-tubular-bells

Indeed, the 'Piltdown Man', as the character came to be known, was achieved by Oldfield grunting, growling and shouting into a mic while being recorded at a higher speed using a voltage control unit so that, when played back at a normal speed, his voice sounded deep and gruff.

So, where was this supposed to have been recorded? The Sierra Nevada range takes in a lot of territory.

I kind of enjoy these recordings. Although they could be absolutely anything.

I found this one pretty compelling, something about it...very creepy -

Back