• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Soggy Biscuit Game

Must admit, I'd never heard of it before, someone sowed the seed and a UL was born.

I have a friend who went to public school and he insists that the biscuit game and the daisy chain never happened there. But then, he would say that wouldn't he? :D

Austen said:
Legends about Girls Schools seem to go the other way, ie, extreme prudishness.

The two I have heard are:

1: Electric toothbrushes are banned.

2: Bananas have to be eaten using a knife and fork (I've also heard this is how all the upperclass eat them).

Any one know the truth of either?

Don't know about electric toothbrushes but the banana thing is quite true.

Dining etiquette dictates that it should be peeled with a knife and eaten with a knife and fork.

Elffriend said:
Dining etiquette dictates that it should be peeled with a knife and eaten with a knife and fork.

I wonder if anyone actually bothers to do that? Nigella Lawson is very posh and she wouldn't worry about looking suggestive with a banana. ;)

Austen said:
I wonder if anyone actually bothers to do that? Nigella Lawson is very posh and she wouldn't worry about looking suggestive with a banana. ;)
She can look suggestive eating a cheeseburger.

I heard about it happening in the (state) school rugby team.

In Sweden theres a mythical game called "runkbulle"(roughly translates to wank-bun", where a cinnamon bun is hastly wanked upon and the moron who comes last has to eat it, it`s supposedly "practiced by hockey players"
urgh.

So a fairly widespread UL?
How are hockey players seen in sweden?

I cant understand why the guy who is losing does not just say he isnt playing anymore.

I can totally believe that the posh boys love playing this game every chance they get.

I think this may an UL perpetuated by private school GIRLS due to the fascination with male bonding and er....male 'issues'

I went to a private girls school and we all used to scream with laughter over this story.

incidentally, I used to know someone from Oz band 'Bean Flipper'...there was a theory that the band name was due to another band member's ability to flip a baked bean on his 'member'...my friend denied this!!!

Inspector Loz said:
incidentally, I used to know someone from Oz band 'Bean Flipper'...there was a theory that the band name was due to another band member's ability to flip a baked bean on his 'member'...my friend denied this!!!

I thought you were going to go into one of the "sweetcorn" stories!:cross eye

At the risk of debasing this message board even further....what are the 'sweetcorn' stories?

All I know is that sweetcorn comes out looking much the same as it went in and I do have a friend who's child.......sorry, i can't go on, it really does get gross :cross eye

Oddly enough I am presently stranded in Sweden, and earlier this evening I checked out the local Ica supermarket for biccies - is that a spooky noise in the background?
now the odd thing is despite the shop being the same area as south Wimbledon the only biccies (apart from rice things etc) on display were digestives and cream crackers.
not a chocolate hobnob, fig roll or jammy dodger to be had . . wot? ok Ill get me coat :)

On the subject of manners - you eat pears with a knife and fork, not bananas.
The way to eat a banana is to peel a bit of it, pull a bit off with your other hand and eat that. Ie not to eat it directly from the peely bit.

I suppose if you held the bananas like chop-sticks...

place the peeled banana between two slices of bread and butter,sprinkle with sugar, and squidge
for the gourmet replace banana and sugar with a kipper
Jamie Oliver eat your heart out;)

Inspector Loz said:
I think this may an UL perpetuated by private school GIRLS due to the fascination with male bonding and er....male 'issues'
Hell, who doesn't like to think of guys spankin' it on bread? Damn! Now I gotta type one-handed.

BTW, your friend's band was from OZ????

Ewww, this thread is quite disgusting!
I went to an all-boys school, and never heard of anything remotely like this. Thankfully, it wasn't a boarding school.
Apart from the 'disgusting' and 'outrageous' aspects, didn't anybody ever consider the possibility of getting some kind of disease from it?

Man, where I live we have the highest STD rate in the country. Not to mention drug use, teen pregnancy, and all that other good stuff. Nobody gives a rat's ass about diseases. You see a lot of mouth sores and such around here.

Originally posted by Mythopoeika
didn't anybody ever consider the possibility of getting some kind of disease from it?

Yeah like crumbinusdickous.:(

Anome_ said:
crypto said:
This game seems to be geographically quite wide spread. We have it in Australia too. When I went to high school there was one boy who was nicknamed "soggy" for obvious reasons. I always wondered whether they used a small biscuit or something larger like a sao or a sandwich sized salada.
The only Australian reference I've heard to it involved a SAO. (And Sea Scouts, but that's not that important.)

My understanding is that in Britain, they use a digestive (like a Shredded Wheatmeal kind of).

(For the British: a SAO is a cracker type biscuit. Somewhat similar to a Water Cracker in consistency, but not quite. It's supposed to have been designed for the Salvation Army. If you already knew this, then I guess I must look pretty stupid.)

Seems you lot invented the term:

Although the origins of the term are unclear, it is thought to have originated in Australia sometime in the 1960's[1], and is now a widely known concept, at least in the United Kingdom and parts of the Commonwealth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soggy_biscuit

Typical ;)

I have Cassel's Dictionary of Slang so I'll check that out.

At the risk of debasing this message board even further....what are the 'sweetcorn' stories?

A good friend of mine swears that an acquaintance of hers had a sweetcorn experience (FOAF, yeah yeah I know)... in essence this chap got a nasty infection in his foreskin and when he went to the doc it turned out that there was a piece of sweetcorn stuck there as a result of him indulging in... er, well, you know... with his girlfriend who was a great fan of csweetcorn despite the fact that it, well, doesn't digest terribly well.

I haven't checked Snopes but it wouldn't surprise me if this is on there... it screams UL but she is insistent that it happened to someone she knows and to be fair she isn't the type to make things like this up!

All very unpleasant in any case... :cross eye

Growing up in Newcastle, the game was known as Soggy Biscuit and was only whispered about. It was something that the big lads did when they went and joined the army. Never knew anyone who claimed to have done it.

Here in Sweden, I have heard of Runkbulle also, wank-bun, both invovling hockey players and also guys doing their mandatory military service. The latter I can believe more so as it gets so cold here in the winter, they're probably glad to get something warm inside them!! :lol:

(Hockey players here tend to have teeth missing, generally be aggressive, sport mullets and come from amongst the working class. How's that for a sweeping generalisation? I mean, I hate anyone who makes seeping generalisations!)

Quake42 said:
A good friend of mine swears that an acquaintance of hers had a sweetcorn experience (FOAF, yeah yeah I know)... in essence this chap got a nasty infection in his foreskin and when he went to the doc it turned out that there was a piece of sweetcorn stuck there as a result of him indulging in... er, well, you know... with his girlfriend who was a great fan of csweetcorn despite the fact that it, well, doesn't digest terribly well.

I haven't checked Snopes but it wouldn't surprise me if this is on there... it screams UL but she is insistent that it happened to someone she knows and to be fair she isn't the type to make things like this up!

All very unpleasant in any case... :cross eye

Hmm. That's funny, we must have a friend of a friend in common, because I heard the same thing when I lived in Scotland. 6 degrees and all that I guess. ;)

Of course, I imagine they were sat in triage with Richard Gere/Freddy Mercury/Franky/Elton John on their alleged hospital visits.

DanTheGPI said:
Has anyone heard of a variant of this game called Bean flipper?, It involves putting a baked bean somewhere and then umm being the first to 'shoot it off the end'. I was told its a game played by roadies.

First post and oh how classy it is.

As a teenager i read "bare nell" by "leslie thomas", this was 30 years ago, so memory may be poor but... Nell was a nymphomaniac and she met a character who was mentally slow, he used to get an erection and use it to launch dried beans into the air, nell gives him a much needed w*** and he goes soft uttering the unforgettable phrase "you broke my beanflipper"!

Now stop laughing and find the date the book was written and it may precede the quoted story! altho thomas may have "stolen" it?

:)

the story starting this thread reminds me of the squaddie game "milk race", squaddies have a w*** on a cream cracker, last one to, well ill let you guess, eats the cracker with its topping.

my friend dave told me that story in the 1980s, after he was kicked out the army (for being too violent!), personally I can think of better ways to occupy my spare time and my father wondered why i didnt join the armed forces!

ps

a friend has just read this over my shoulder, he says viz comic has mentioned a milk race before too.

Milk race? Well I do remember them speculating about what might come thundering down the streets of Henley-on-Thames if all the dammed-up man-tadpoles of Sir Cliff Richard were suddenly - and of course accidentally - released into the world.

An image too horrible not to share! :_omg:

Back