• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Soggy Biscuit Game

oll_lewis

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
OK, you've been warned (see title).
In the UK it is widespread 'knolage' that a game called that go's by the names of 'the soggy biscuit game', 'custard cream' or 'rich tea fingers' is a popular passtime in posh English bording schools.
the loser of the game suposedly has to eat the biscuit and the aditional 'topping'.

it's referenced in many works of literature and the arts, such as Blackadder II for example, but dose it really happen in posh English schools? It certinly sounds like a clasic urban legend made up to riducule toffs, but dose anyone have any evidence eitherway?

My ex father-in-law mentioned that it used to happen when he was in the army, not sure if he was pulling (excuse the pun) my leg or not.

You know, I have no idea what you are on about.....

:)

Kath

I can't recall hearing about this, it sounds plausible though :cross eye

Do they come in different flavours, so to speak, Lord Flash!? :p

I've heard about it plenty of times, but I often thought it couldn't be true though. I'm sure i have seen a refrance to it in a film

stonedoggy said:
You know, I have no idea what you are on about.....

:)

Kath

It's not nice, you really wouldn't want to know.:cross eye

well, it's when a group of men........errrr get together and they.....y'know.........onto a biscuit...and to last one to.....'.thingie'.....has to eat it.....god, I hope that's what Flash meant or else i'm going to look really stupid

The "cream" element is... what babies are made from.

I heard about rugby players who played this after losing a match (?) to see who had had intercourse the night before, as... doing it lowers your masculine determination to win or something.

And thus my contribution this thread ends :cross eye

Yes, but why?

I always had my suspicions about Rugby players, patting their buddies on the arse after a sweaty game of catch, then winding down with a nice, steamy, group shower.

Male-bonding???

Homo-eroticism??

For a laugh???

I don't know, I'm a lady ;)

PUBLIC APOLOGY

His Lordship has just pm-ed me to say that I have totally got 'the wrong end of the stick' and he meant something else entirely....I'm deeply sorry for mis-leading you all...........I'll just sit in the corner like a bad little girl ;)

Were you??? Oh, how you men play with my feeble little mind ;)

....just ignore me, I'll sit in the corner and you just carry on :D

If I want to male bond or have a laugh, call me an old prude but I tend not to favour masturbating over a digestive.

Or a Custard Cream, for that matter.

Dark Detective said:
If I want to male bond or have a laugh, call me an old prude but I tend not to favour masturbating over a digestive.

Or a Custard Cream, for that matter.

:rofl:

Chocolate finger then, DD?:D

No, it's a long, thin crunchy biscuit covered in creamy milk chocolate... :)

David Raven said:
No, it's a long, thin crunchy biscuit covered in creamy milk chocolate... :)

I knew I was doing something wrong......

I'll just go and sit in the corner again

Lillith said:
well, it's when a group of men........errrr get together and they.....y'know.........onto a biscuit...and to last one to.....'.thingie'.....has to eat it.....god, I hope that's what Flash meant or else i'm going to look really stupid

You'd have thought if there was only one bloke left who hadn't 'thingied' the thought of what he was gonna have to do would put him off 'thingying' at all, or isn't it necessary for the last one to 'thingy' at all?
C'mon I want to know the rules :D

Oh

My

God

I

really

wish

I

didn't

know

that

now

Kath:confused:

funny but....

Man, this place is turning into yahoogroups.com, or something!

My theory was always that the "Cracker Game" as it's know in the States, was more or less a myth. It was really just a way of introducing sex into the conversation and gauging the other persons reaction to it, to see if they might be interested [or at least, not adverse!] in a little "yadda yadda yadda."

I compare it to when a bloke is hitchiking [I love that word, "bloke." We use it as an insult in my neck of the woods.] and he gets picked up by a gentleman of the sodomic persuasion. Usually the gentleman will end up asking if the bloke "has a girlfriend" and then you know right there what is going on in his mind.

The Cracker Game was more or less the same conversational gambit, only usually with teens of roughly the same age instead of chickenhawks and chickens:rolleyes: .

I would always wonder about the motives of anyone who would bring it up, and examine them a bit closer!

Of course, that's not to say that all people who bring it up are "gay", or are predatory, or anything like that, as it has been in the popular consciousness for quite a while now, and some people are bringing it up because they heard about it, and were duly shocked, and now wonder if it could be real or a legend.

That's my take on it, anyway. Having said that. I will now also tell you that I know for a fact that some of the people I know HAVE IN FACT PLAYED the Cracker Game! I know this because I used to be a bartender at a hardcore gay leather bar in Boston, and some of the patrons TOLD me they had done so! I think, in my opinion, that they did this BECAUSE they had heard about the UL, rather than any sense of, shall we say, tradition?

Trace [I'm married... I SWEAR!] Mann
:D

Gourmets, I'm told, abstain from the biscuit and prefer to have
the wine from a name they recognize.

Otherwise you just don't know from whom it's coming . . . :cross eye

Now, since it's late and nobody will read it . . .

I take the point that the myth may have given rise to the game but I
have heard lurid accounts of the thing being rife at a North Wales private
school in the nineties. Ironically my source, who was gay, got called a
Queer for not (he says) joining in. There was also something called the
Sock Game over which decency much draw a belated veil . . .

Oh all right, since you insist . . .

Exact rules were vague but the main point of it was that contributors all threw
a sock into a carrier bag and the blindfolded victim had to match sock
to person by scent only.

My shocked informant assured me that only straight boys could bring themselves
to do anything so vile. You could, I suppose, say that such communal ejaculations
were a means of fending off sexual tensions which might otherwise be too particular.

I'm sure it all ended up in a mass debate anyway. :rolleyes:

Actully, the reason I brought up the topic is that it is a spesific urban legend which is, in britain, always aplyed to one clearly defined section of the population only, namingly as I said in my first post, the male progeny of rich English upperclass people (these people are often attendees of posh bording schools and often rugby players).
As I say the interesting thing about the legend is that it is not targeted at people of a certain sexuality or race, it is targeted at the 'ruleing' classes you never hear about several scotish fishermen or welsh miners doing it for example.. the legend dose not say, 'ooh if a toff dose this he must be gay' it just says 'blimey aren't toffs weird'.
And it is well known 'fact' of course yet it is dificult to pinpoint where this 'knolage' comes from.

I always had my suspicions about Rugby players, patting their buddies on the arse after a sweaty game of catch, then winding down with a nice, steamy, group shower.

An ex work colleague of mine told me a story about the time that she was in a pub where there was a group of really p*ssed rugby players, and they got thrown out after two of them 69ed each other for a bet.

I asked her if afterwards they went home to finish each other off, and she said "Oooo no, that would be pervy!"

Lord Flashheart:

"Actually, the reason I brought up the topic is that it is a specific urban legend
which is, in Britain, always applied to one clearly defined section of the population
only - the male progeny of rich English upper class people"

Lordy, no! The first I heard of it was from a fellow sixth-former who attended
cadet camps where our own lads mixed with what they felt were rather rougher
types. They blamed it on them!

Next I heard it about a group of RAF cadets in North Wales and later about a private
school there. Only the last could be said to be ruling class decadence, the rest
were cases of "male horseplay" as judges like to put it.

Of course it might be a myth. I have never been anywhere they played it or I
would have been duty bound to investigate. :p

I've heard stories of former members of my old Boy Scout troop doing this. I'd always kind of hoped they were kidding...

Back