The Spalding Incident

Waymarker

Devoted Cultist
Hi guys,
I was camping alone some years ago near Spalding (England) and had a dream in which i was out of the tent and following a monk-like figure across the field to a clump of trees containing some sort of craft, and there the dream ended.
Next morning I woke up back in the tent and noticed a bruise on my shin which wasn't the least bit painful to the touch and i had no idea how i'd got it.
It faded out over the next few days, and on reflection it may have been not a bruise but an antiseptic/anaesthetic stain.
So the thought has crossed my mind that i may have been abducted by aliens who extracted bone marrow (for DNA) from my shin, or am i just being illogical?

PS- I've got a couple of photos and map of the location, am i allowed to post them here, or is this forum a picture-free zone?

Waymarker

Devoted Cultist
Thanks, let's see if these display ok-
I camped discreetly tucked away just behind that hut in a farmers field about 50 yards from the road during a solo cycle-camping trip in 1998.
(These are modern photos but the site remains virtually unchanged since then)

Blue dots mark the camping spot. (Spalding is in Lincolnshire)

General view below shows my campsite (yellow dot) just behind the hut, and the grove (yellow circle) to which i followed a brown hooded monk towards a craft in the trees in my 'dream'-
[/QUOTE]

This is the grove of trees..
"Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves.."- The Tempest

For the record, 3 other factors are worth mentioning-
1- Despite being dog-tired after pedalling about 60 miles that day,I had trouble getting off to sleep that night, as if there was a tension or 'static' in the air, yet there were no power lines nearby.
2- When i woke next morning i could hardly believe morning had arrived so soon, as if time had 'gone missing'.
3- As I broke camp. i noticed a man standing in the road watching me, so i ignored him in case he was a farmer angry at me for camping in his field, and the next time i glanced around, he'd gone. I wish i'd have at least bid him "Good morning" and i could have asked him if he'd noticed anything unusual in the night!

PS- The 'high strangeness' of the night never bothered me in the slightest, I simply got on with the bike ride which went off smoothly without further incident and I've never had any after-effects such as uncomfortable flashbacks or nightmares or anything.