• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Tale Of The Terrifying Teddy

The feeling of sheets or a duvet being pulled off is quite common, I think? Unless someone knows otherwise, I don't know if it's a sensation that could be brought about by a late night state of mind, like when I was a kid I would feel my bed spinning when my head was under the covers, but when I plucked up courage to peek out the room was stable.

Teddy sounds like he's malfunctioning! Could be something to do with the batteries? Although I do recall a schoolfriend telling me he saw his luminous action figure jerking around by itself one night in the dark, so maybe it's a Toy Story thing!

My brother when he was little said he saw his big teddy, it stood about two and a half foot high, walk past the bottom of his bed carrying a suitcase.

Fantastic! Was it a smaller, teddy-sized suitcase or a full-sized, human one?

No idea, as the teddy didn't come with a suitcase, I will have to text him later lol

My brother when he was little said he saw his big teddy, it stood about two and a half foot high, walk past the bottom of his bed carrying a suitcase.
It was probably lonely and felt unloved, so had to leave for another owner.

A Teddy would be particularly terrifying if Escargot was wearing it.

When I cleared my parents house I made the decision that the 'Football Monster' given to my sister 30 years earlier had to go. It was too tatty for the Charity Shop so I put it in a black bin liner with other junk and took it to the Dump. 3 weeks later, it re-appeared at one of the skips - and boy did it look miffed ! Expecting it any night to find its way into my Bedroom and demand an explanation.

football monster 01.jpgfootball monster.jpg

The feeling of sheets or a duvet being pulled off is quite common, I think? Unless someone knows otherwise, I don't know if it's a sensation that could be brought about by a late night state of mind
yeah i had it a few years back here

I was quite the materialistic little fellow as far back as I can remember. I can't imagine a time when I would have looked upon a moving/talking teddy, doll, or other toy as anything but horrifying, or a time when I would not freak out if a ghost or imaginary playmate popped up. I had a polar bear ted as a kid that I played with all day but which I wanted taken far away at night!

When I was very small I used to have a bendy toy of the Pink Panther which I would think was about 12" tall. One day it was left out in the garden and stolen by persons unknown and every time after that when my Mother would talk about it, she would say it had 'walked', a slang term for an item being purloined.

As this was a phrase I hadn't heard before (being a very small child), I developed a false memory which I still have to this day of the Pink Panther picking himself up from amongst the rosebushes, dusting himself off and then walking down the path and out of the gate, forever.

cf. giraffe coming from under the door ("draught") ... i think this accounts for a lot of early visual memory which stemmed from misunderstood diction

I agree about Self activating electronic toys are always creepy. Not for me and I have gone right off teddy bears too.
I had a small battery operated toy car in the 70's, the headlights came on one night and it drove down a table next to my bed landing on my lap. The car landed upside down, the battery cover was off and there wasn't any batteries in it.

Just had an amusing ( well to me anyway) thought. Good job it wasn't one of those awful Billy Bass things that activated. I would have jumped out of my skin even more. :D Those things used to freak me out. Just found this...

I've just found a vid of a load of toys acting strangely including a couple of weird toy cars

But if everything I say is actually true and I’ve just said everything I say is a lie...
Round and round sbout if you lie about a lie...how are you truthful about a lie if you only speak the truth? And if you lie, then how can you say you are lying?

Swifty when my children were young I bought a toy lego calculator at a car boot sale .
They had a lot of fun using it, then one day I opened the battery compartment to find there were no batteries in it.

I sometimes wish Chills would get youtuber Sir Spooks to do the talking .. it's hard to keep a straight face when Chills, towards the end of each of his vids, says "I'm Chills and I hope you enjoyed my narrashuuuuuun".

Back