• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Tale Of The Terrifying Teddy

Vida Loca

Devoted Cultist
Many years ago my sister was renting a council flat in Worcestershire. I went to stay with her but didn't like the flat as it was always so cold. Also she told me she had seen 'something' in the hallway a few times. She described it as looking like a darkish cloak moving across the room and it usually ended up in the bathroom.I saw 'it' once too. It freaked me out and I never liked being left alone there if she went out.

On one occasion when I was staying there I slept in her bedroom. Opposite me on the chest of drawers was a teddy bear with a light up heart that flashed in time to music. You had to firmly squeeze its paw for the music to play as she had shown me it when she got it and it had a sequence of tunes. Anyway I settled down for the night with a duvet and a blanket on the bed covering me as it was a freezing cold night. Next morning I heard the sound of a tinkly tune which kept repeating itself. I peered from beneath the duvet and saw the teddys heart flashing the music was coming from there. This freaked me out I sat upright and it stopped. I brushed it off as being a technical fault but it really puzzled me and shook me up nonetheless. I settled down again as it was way too early to get up. Not long after when I was semi awake I felt the duvet and blanket being very slowly pulled off me from behind me as I was lying on my side. It startled me and I thought I was imagining it but even though I was wide awake by now it carried on. I tried to shout to my sister but my throat had dried up and I couldn't make a sound. It was a kind of slow gentle dragging of the bedding and I was by now terrified. I then managed to croak something and it stopped. I just lay there too scared to move my heart was pounding. I lay there with the bedding pulled over my head for a short while then my sister came into the room to ask me if I wanted a cuppa saw me upset and asked me what was wrong. I told her about the bedding moving and she said it had happened to her too. Wish she had told me that before as I wouldn't have slept in there! I told my sister about it the teddy incident so we both tried to get a tune out of the teddy and had to press its paw hard for it to work. It freaked us out. It had never happened before and never happened again. The teddy was put away in a cupboard after that. Another morning a little teddy she had for her 21st that was on the bedside table slid off onto the floor while I was in bed looking at it. Creepy!

I was so relieved when she moved out of the flat sometime afterwards!

Last edited:
:bmonk::bmonk::isearch:Hey I just read this same thing under a different title...

I thought it was funny....

Self activating electronic toys are always creepy, IMHO.

I agree about Self activating electronic toys are always creepy. Not for me and I have gone right off teddy bears too.

But self tucking blankets could be a hot commodity...

Yes, I don’t have teddy bears, just a fish, a T Rex, and a Lion... they are all very snuggly...

Anyway, I enjoyed your story, Vida. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Kchoo I am not very good at telling stories like others can. So you will have to bear with me :D

I know I've already said this. Welcome Welcome Welcome! :)

Back