• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
EPEHyRDX4AA-DV8.jpeg.jpg

3C

I'm definitely a coffee drinker, but don't mind tea at bedtime. I don't like black tea and green is iffy to me. I don't like the tannin. White tea is nice and I like rooibos because no matter how long it's steeped, it doesn't get bitter. My favourite tea for bed is herbal - I enjoy scents and sometimes just the scent causes me to drift off. NOT chamomile. I hate chamomile. And nothing flowery.

The darkness of A makes me think that these are cups of coffee, not tea. If it was coffee then I'd say B3, or 4 at a push.

If it was tea then A3 or 4.
Good point. A3 either way.

A couple of years ago I bought a magazine with some recipes for chai. I tried some and it was lovely but as it takes a bit of time to prepare I got out of the habit of making it. So I thought I would try the instant version which really is instant and involved me tracking down (not easy) the abomination that is a jar of instant tea. The chai I got from that was lovely! I am not even sure it is worth making the "proper" version though I will probably make it sometimes just for the act of making it. I'll bet the Indians invented it in the first place as a way to disguise horrible tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
My father is more like a 5B.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.
I have a friend (my ex-housemate) who seems to like 6F.
He ruined my toaster, so I said he could have it.

4.5C, B at a pinch. And I've been drinking my tea black more frequently, but it's not my preference.

And I don't drink coffee at all.

3-4 for toast and D, but for coffee. I don't like black tea and any other tea - green, white, rooibos or herbal - no milk. I like the tea flavour. Maybe a little touch of sweetener, but only if it enhances the tea's flavour.

Anyone know why us Brits pour milk into our tea..? No other nation does apart from those with colonial ties to the UK, i.e. Australia New Zealand etc.

I do have a theory, but it would be interesting to see what other Forteans think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn right. I should have mentioned to wash it down with a nice strong cuppa.

Anyone know why us Brits pour milk into our tea..? No other nation does apart from those with colonial ties to the UK, i.e. Australia New Zealand etc.

I do have a theory, but it would be interesting to see what other Forteans think :)
I'm not absolutely sure but I think that most of the tea-drinking countries outside of the colonies don't breed cows. In Tibet they put yak butter in tea. I've never run into milk in tea in Japan or China.

MEG PUT MOG MILK INTO HER TEA?! :freak:

No, I'm glad to say that they climb a mountain in Tibet with some kind of Sherpa and his yak and stop off in a cave for tea with butter before encountering a yeti in the mist.

It's classic stuff--and not as horrifying as your version.

Picked this up over the New Year. It's firmly in the not-really-tea category, but quite pleasant. The rural area I was in is famous for growing the stuff and the local stores that stock it just keep the kettle on all day and hand out complimentary cups to browsing customers.

SmartSelect_20201010-234541_Gallery.jpg

Back