• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Matt Smith was a good pick for Skynet.
I also thought they did a good job picking the new Sarah Connor. There's only one Kyle Reese for me though (the original burned out Michael Biehn PTSD one) so that put me off a bit.

Last edited:
ye thats another gripe i have with this movie, reese was expertly played in the first movie, the actor had me believing he was a warrior from the future, the new reese was very unconvincing in the part.

Science fiction is inching closer to reality with the development of revolutionary self-propelling liquid metals—a critical step towards future elastic electronics.

While building a shape-shifting liquid metal T-1000 Terminator may still be far on the horizon, the pioneering work by researchers at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia, is setting the foundation for moving beyond solid state electronics towards flexible and dynamically reconfigurable soft circuit systems.

Modern electronic technologies like smart phones and computers are mainly based on circuits that use solid state components, with fixed metallic tracks and semiconducting devices.

But researchers dream of being able to create truly elastic electronic components—soft circuit systems that can act more like live cells, moving around autonomously and communicating with each other to form new circuits rather than being stuck in one configuration.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-08-t-liquid-metals-propel-future.html#jCp

A Reboot Trilogy!

Even after the kind of lack lustre Terminator Genisys, it looks like another reboot could be on the way. Original The Terminator director James Cameron seems to be ready to get back on that Terminator horse as soon as possible, anyway.

In an interview with News.com.au, Cameron revealed that he’d actually quite like to get the ball rolling for a new trilogy. “The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up?” he says.

“Can it still have relevance now where so much of our world is catching up to what was science fiction in the first two films. We live in a world of predator drones and surveillance and big data and emergent AI.”

“So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half, so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.” ...

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/james-cameron-up-for-another-terminator-trilogy-already/

Why bother....the first two were so good and every one since then has been a bigger pile of poo then the last

A Reboot Trilogy!

Even after the kind of lack lustre Terminator Genisys, it looks like another reboot could be on the way. Original The Terminator director James Cameron seems to be ready to get back on that Terminator horse as soon as possible, anyway...
“So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half, so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.” ...
How long, though? Look at the Avatar timescale - it's nearly ten years on now, and originally he planned to have the sequel out by 2011. Cameron's grasp does exceed his reach sometimes, so I won't hold my breath. That said:
Why bother....the first two were so good and every one since then has been a bigger pile of poo then the last
And who directed the first two? One thing to say about Cameron - he knows how to drive a plot, even if in retrospect you may think "Hang on..."

How long, though? Look at the Avatar timescale - it's nearly ten years on now, and originally he planned to have the sequel out by 2011. Cameron's grasp does exceed his reach sometimes, so I won't hold my breath. That said:

And who directed the first two? One thing to say about Cameron - he knows how to drive a plot, even if in retrospect you may think "Hang on..."
but i don't rate ANY movie he has done since judgement day, the most interesting thing he has done since then is look at the seafloor.

I would love it if he could surprise me and make another stonkingly good terminator movie, but i will not hold my breath. Judgement day was one of the first movies i went to as a teen with my mates and i dont like seeing those memories tarnished by inferior sequels . it makes me want to :fire:

More news about the new Cameron Terminator film.

It’s becoming more and more clear with each successive announcement that James Cameron isn’t messing about when it comes to the new Terminator film. He’s heavily involved creatively, he brought on Deadpool director Tim Miller, it’s being treated as a direct follow up to Judgment Day, and he confirmed that Arnold Schwarzenegger would be back (well, of course). However, the latest announcement is arguably the most exciting yet.

THR reports that Linda Hamilton will reprise her iconic role of Sarah Connor, and it doesn’t sound like this is going to be a cameo (like Terminator: Salvation‘s voice recording…). No, Cameron is pledging that we’ll see her in full-on action heroine mode.

“As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return,” he said. “There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys but there isn’t an example of that for women.” ...

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/jam...l-brings-linda-hamilton-back-as-sarah-connor/

You guys make me laugh.

I find it funny that even though your so critical of the films, you have not failed to watch the next one & the next one etc. Even Stuneville sounds like he is impatient for the next one to come out.

I love them all and yes, they have flaws but he's so great about making female hero's. I grew up in a family that considered women as unimportant. Women were there to clean, cook and beat up. I was considered "touched in the head" or maybe even a lesbian because I refused to comply. Even the female members of my family tried to beat me down both physically and emotionally.

I relish his films. He was a big influence in my life. Along with Joss Whedon's, Buffy The Vampire Slayer. And of course, I have to include the more recent Resident Evil franchise.

They gave me strength to carry on. To be true to myself.

Bring on the next one. :wcry: :D

Linda Hamilton's introduction in T2 was a "holy flurking schnit" moment for me.

/ also awesome: Lena Headley in Sarah Connor Chronicles

lets hope cameron is taking a leaf out of scotts book and pulling the rug out from the former movies with terminator : sabotage

Very broad spoilers follow:

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/terminator-2019-will-be-set-post-judgment-day/

First substantial clues at the link above--and it's good news for me. I love the original film, thought the sequel was its equal or better and haven't seen any other more recent films from the franchise (I had to Google to find out what number installment this would be).

Anyway, it seems that the new film might well be set in the aftermath of Judgment Day: August 29th 1997.

As most of us now know, Arnold and Linda Hamilton are reprising their original roles and we're currently looking at a release date of Nov 5th, 2019.

Colour me prematurely excited.

Very broad spoilers follow:

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/terminator-2019-will-be-set-post-judgment-day/

First substantial clues at the link above--and it's good news for me. I love the original film, thought the sequel was its equal or better and haven't seen any other more recent films from the franchise (I had to Google to find out what number installment this would be).

Anyway, it seems that the new film might well be set in the aftermath of Judgment Day: August 29th 1997.

As most of us now know, Arnold and Linda Hamilton are reprising their original roles and we're currently looking at a release date of Nov 5th, 2019.

Colour me prematurely excited.
If you'd seen the other films you might not be so excited. The last one was a massive steaming pile. Seriously.

But this is a direct sequel to T2, directed by James Cameron, that ignores all the other sequels. I think.

But regardless of how rose-tinted my glassses are, Arnie is still an old man. I hope they bring him in as a skinless cyborg and just his voice over the animation.

Aren't Terminators supposed to age? The outer skin bit I mean.

Yes but at this point it's just silly, he's way past the action hero age.
BTW I seem to recall the one with Christian Bale being alright, although I don't think many others liked it.

Maybe...I'm not sure.

But if this is a direct sequel to T2 then he needs to look like this:
detail.c6f31428.jpg

And not this:
220px-Arnold_Schwarzenegger_September_2017.jpg

They can now do amazing things with CGI.
They can shoot Arnie doing his stuff, then do a CGI 'skin' over his face.

Ahnold was an old Terminator in the previous sequel, so it must be a factor built into the model. Or maybe actors get old, one of those.

When it comes to action hero films, I keep referring to Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven and Gran Torino on a positive note as to how old men action heroes can sometimes slip back into believable hard man roles .. Indiana Jones in Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull wasn't a good example .. I didn't like Christian Bale as John Connor at all ..

Maybe...I'm not sure.

But if this is a direct sequel to T2 then he needs to look like this:
detail.c6f31428.jpg

And not this:
220px-Arnold_Schwarzenegger_September_2017.jpg

Linda Hamilton hasn't been made to look younger...

linda-hamilton-terminator-6-birthday-913.jpg

I found this:

"As in Terminator: Genisys, Terminator 6 will see Arnold Schwarzenegger return as an ageing T-800; he won’t, thankfully, be playing the soft and cuddly “Pops" character we saw in that movie, though.

According to Cameron himself, all the movies that followed Terminator 2 will be written off as “a bad dream", or events in an alternate timeline."

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/...t-actors-linda-hamilton-arnold-schwarzenegger

Let's stick with 'alternate timeline' yeah James? No need to go all Bobby Ewing on us.

Back