• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
They'll be back - Arnie an James cameron to make another sequel:

SCHWARZENEGGER SIGNS FOR BIG MONEY SEQUELS

Hollywood action man ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER is set to juggle his role as California Governor with a return to the big screen - he has reportedly agreed to star in two big money sequels.

The actor-turned-politician has agreed to reteam with Oscar-winning director JAMES CAMERON in a fourth TERMINATOR installment in addition to a sequel to TRUE LIES, according to website Moviehole.net.

ELIZA DUSHKU, who is excited about reprising her role as Schwarzenegger's daughter in TRUE LIES 2, says, "We all caught up. Me, JAMIE LEE (CURTIS), Arnold, and JIM (James Cameron), to talk about True Lies 2, about a month ago in California. We're doing it. Definitely doing it. I'm revved."

And JOHN ROSENGRANT, who is a special effects expert at Stan Winston Studios, confirms work on TERMINATOR 4 is at a very early stage: "It's too early to figure out what a new Terminator would look like, or anything like that.

"You see the script and what spark comes from that, (talk) with the director and see what the vision is. It does no good to dream it up unless you write a treatment and try to get out there and sell it yourself."

11/10/2005 17:16

Source

See also:
www.filmfanzine.com/?page_id=story&art_id=491

If ever there was an Arnie film which didn't need a sequel, it's True Lies. I'd rather watch Kindergarten Cop 2.

Most of the news sources seem to think that Jonathan Mostow would be directing Terminator 4 , not James Cameron.

Sci-fi Wire: Terminator will be Back

As long as Arnie is the Terminator I have no problem with it except for him being too old to do it but with Hollywood they'd make him look like he used to be.

Couldn't picture someone else playing the Terminator

Was OJ Simpson going to be playing it first before Arnie was chosen? :shock:

I think OJ was supossed to be the good guy, while Lance Henriksen was going to be the Terminator. I don't recall all about it, but Cameron I think I remember Cameron decided to use Arny instead, maybe because Henriksen was too old or skinny, I cant recall.

According the the IMDB trivia page:

Lance Henriksen was the actor originally considered for the role of The Terminator. Writer/director James Cameron even made early sketches showing The Terminator looking like Henriksen. The original concept was for the character to be able to blend into a crowd. The final casting used Henriksen in the role of Police Detective Vukovich.

O.J. Simpson was considered for the role of the terminator, but the producers feared he wouldn't be taken seriously.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/trivia

Couldn't see OJ as the Terminator his look wouldn't of been cold enough like Arnies can be.

Arnie has the voice and that cold look for a machine.

Wasn't Grace Jones supposed to be a terminator back in the mid-80s when there was first talk of a sequel?

ogopogo3 said:
Wasn't Grace Jones supposed to be a terminator back in the mid-80s when there was first talk of a sequel?

Whos Grace Jones? :lol:

Model and singer of the 1980s. On film best remembered for being a baddie in the James Bond film A View to a Kill. A bit mad.

She would have been a good Terminator, I think. She'd certainly have scared Russell Harty.

Not quite T4...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117949168?categoryid=1300&cs=1

Warner Bros. TV has set David Nutter to direct the pilot for "The
Sarah Connor Chronicles," prompting Fox Broadcasting to officially
greenlight production on the "Terminator"-themed project.
Nutter, whose last 12 pilots have all been picked up to series, also
will serve as exec producer. Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2
Pictures, which produced the most recent "Terminator" feature, is
producing with Warner Bros. TV.

Fox made a put pilot commitment to "Connor" last fall (Daily
Variety, Nov. 10), picking up the script from exec producer Josh
Friedman ("War of the Worlds"). Kassar and Vajna will also exec
produce.

Casting on "Connor" will begin immediately, with lensing expected to
commence early next year in New Mexico.

Nutter -- who directed the pilots of successes such
as "Smallville," "Without a Trace" and "Supernatural" -- has a
connection with original "Terminator" helmer James Cameron, having
directed the pilot for Cameron's Fox skein "Dark Angel."

"It's important for me to live up, as best I can, to the bar that
Jim Cameron set," Nutter told Daily Variety, saying the pilot "has
to carry as much of a punch" as possible, even on a TV budget.

As a result, Nutter said he's not thinking about directing any other
pilots this season.

"This is a huge project that's going to take an extensive amount of
preparation and pre-production," he said, adding he wants to
protect "the integrity of what Cameron created."

As outlined in Friedman's script, new installment in
the "Terminator" franchise revolves around robo-warrior Connor and
her savior son, John Connor. C2 senior veepee of development James
Middleton, who's a producer on the project, said last fall
that "Connor" will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the
end of "T2," when the character went on the run.

"She has the weight of the world on her shoulders, and she also has
to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world,"
he said.

Original "Terminator" stars Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger
won't be involved in the new project, Nutter said.

I saw one episode of the Robocop TV series, might have been one of the movies. Robocop walks into a room, scans for a target, then shoots the leg off a wardrobe so it topples over onto a bad guy. Rubbish.

Mighty_Emperor said:
O.J. Simpson was considered for the role of the terminator, but the producers feared he wouldn't be taken seriously.

Only just noticed that. Could be the funniest thing I've ever read. :lol:

Christopher Walken should have been cast as the Liquid Terminator in Terminator 2.

Nah, he's too much of a personality. Robert Patrick was ideal, with a subtle sense of humour going on, too.

Anyone in the UK planning to watch the first episode of the Sarah Connor Chronicles on Virgin 1 tomorrow night?

Anyone in North America seen it and care to comment? Supposedly it had better viewing figures than 24.

Two was enough...four is certainly flogging an ex-horse.

I'm going to have a look at it tonight, but with a certain amount of trepidation. The original terminator was all but invincible so i just wonder how they are going to enable sarah and john to escape the terminator (or kill it if there is going to be several) every week without it getting completly ridiculous.
As for the films i hope they do one more. The third film (while not being the best of the 3) had some fantastic action sequences in it. I just hope that the 4th film ties the whole lot up and focuses on John Conner setting up and leading the rebellion against the machines.

I've watched the first 5 episodes of the Sarah Connor Chronicles which I've got in torrents, and I quite like it. It disregards T3 (which is good) and bridges the gap between the end of T2 and the present day.

It's a little slow moving due to it's serial nature and actual Terminator scenes are strictly rationed, but it's kept me interested so far.

I've just seen the first episode and it got better as it went along. I'm not totally convinced that there's a lot of mileage in retelling the Terminator story yet again but I liked seeing Summer Glau from Firefly as the fembot.

It was OK, but I'm not sure the story has anywhere to go. It's basically the old chase plot, the Fugitive with time-travelling Cyborgs. And it was bit handy that someone had had the foresight or hindsight to install a time machine in a bank vault. This of course rewrites the timeline yet again, and unless at the end of the series they go back to 1999, it eliminates the version of the timeline that culminates in Terminator 3.

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the writers don't intend to try to tie it to T3 at all. Which is a good thing in my opinion, that was absolute guff.

Like I said, this is a bit slower, but it's not bad as a TV serial. And Summer Glau rules as well.

Terminator 4 Gets A Release Date

Terminator 4 Gets A Release Date

OK, so you've already cancelled any non-cinema related plans for May 22 this year, what with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull opening that Thursday. Well, prepare to cancel next year's May 22 plans too, because that's the date that Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins hits cinemas. So if May 22 is the birthday of someone you hold dear, tell 'em you'll see them in 2010 - probably.

This release date puts T4 head to head with A Night At The Museum 2: Escape From The Smithsonian, making it a battle of the CG critters out to destroy humanity (well, Ben Stiller anyway) at the box office. While the last Museum movie earned more than $100 million more than the last Terminator movie at the worldwide box office, Terminator's longstanding franchise may nevertheless give Museum 2 a run for its money.

Sam Worthington (strictly, he's still said to be "in talks") and Christian Bale are starring in the film, with production due to start this May 5 in New Mexico. Now, if you'll excuse us, we need to go buy a 2009 diary.
Helen O'Hara

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22065

i heard that Arnie's currently occupied with playing the role of a famous classical composer.

universal studios said that if he made another movie he could have any part he wanted, and he told them "I'll be Bach"...

MsPix said:
Two was enough...four is certainly flogging an ex-horse.
look we got a noob.hi mspix so what music and films do you like and do you like manga and anime.

Sarah Connor's Chronicles ended on UK TV with a back of an envelope cliffhanger last night, but I'm not sure it really has anywhere to go. Either the robots win or they don't, and the plot just kept going round in circles. Now it's over, it feels like a less than essential telling of a familiar tale. Worth seeing Summer Glau acting spacey, but that was about it.

I think I managed to catch almost every episode, and I have to day I thought it was pretty decent. It grabbed me from the beginning, with the end of the first episode being a genuine "Wow!" moment (and I'm not referring to all the naked flesh on display). Once you got over the fact that the lead actress looked as little like Linda Hamilton as it's possible to look, then it all rolled along nicely.

Having been pre-warned about the clumsy cliffhanger, then yes, it was a bit abrupt (except - can you really destroy a Terminator with a car bomb?), but not terrible.

As a series, though, I'm worried it will go the Lost route. That's to say, decent premise if spread over 2-3 seasons, but writers and TV execs get greedy, try to drag the thing over 7 years, viewers lose interest. I'll say now that, assuming it returns for season 2, I'll watch, but as with Lost, I won't bother with a 3rd unless I know that it's all leading somewhere.

And as you say, gncxx, nice to see Miss Glau in something that's not Firefly, although it's weird that she looks no older than in that great show - maybe there really was a time machine in that vault.

Of course, the great thing about time-travel movies is that you can change absolutely anything, but maybe someone needs to draw up a timeline showing where allthe various strands have led us?

i'll admit that i've been dodging the sarah connor chronicles for a while as i wasn't holding out much hope for them, but having watched series 1, i'm quite impressed.

it always struck me as kind of limited, in the way that t1-3 all had essentially the same plot, but the series seems to have got around that nicely by striking a good balance between the formula persuing terminator vs protector terminator thing, the 'invisible war' subplot that makes everything a lot more interesting, and the 'turk' pre-skynet computer storyline.

the cgi's a bit ropey in places, but the acting's decent to good and thankfully it hasn't gone down the road of stuff like the robocop series by trying to be 'non-violent'.

just caught the first episode of season 2 and have to admit being bloody impressed. a couple of good twists, and really i can't remember the last time i watched a show where the end had sat there going OMFG for the next 5 minutes :shock: :D

without getting too spoilerish, gotta watch those killer urinals! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I only managed the first four episodes and gave up - the first episode was just about watchable, but the rest were dire.

Back