• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Transdimensional Gas Station

I'll be driving passed this road next Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll have the time but I can try to swing by and have another look at it.
pull a route map or similar, map it all up

pull a route map or similar, map it all up
I know how long it will take to make the extra journey, I meant that we'll be on the way home from a vacation and I'll have the whole family in the car with me. By the time we get on the road and are in that general region, it may be a case of just heading straight home.

As with last time I checked it out, I would like to take it slowly and investigate the area instead of just driving the length of road.

I only clicked on the last 3 pages of this thread and I'm far too lazy to go through the whole thing, but that won't keep me from putting my two pfennig's worth in.

I've read several Man-in-Black stories in which the unwilling hosts of these odd characters allow these perfect strangers into their houses, answer their invasive questions, and often put up with rather rude behavior. After the MIBs leave, the host (sometimes a whole family) will be puzzled as to why they even gave these strange, sinister men the time of day. The attitude seems to be, "it seemed perfectly normal at the time."

D. Scott Rogo and Raymond Bayliss, in their book on phone calls from the dead, noted a number of instances where the recipient of a call spoke to the deceased caller as if totally ignorant of their demise, even if it was a parent a day or two dead. The moment the recipient rang off, however, it would hit him or her that the caller was dead. They, too, seemed to think it was perfectly normal at the time. Perhaps all involved in a time-slip think the strange clothing and currency are "perfectly normal" until later.

If there are time-slips, perhaps they work both ways. Stuntman-turned-writer Peter Hassell found a report of a strange vehicle in Germany. A British family (unnamed, unfortunately, in the original source) driving through that country came upon a cylindrical vehicle approaching from the opposite direction. The strange “car” did not even seem to have wheels. Further, there were four windows along the side of the cylinder, and “they saw four terrified faces looking back at them.” [Hassell, p. 47] Possibly a carpool group from a future era found itself on the Autobahn in the late twentieth century – certainly a frightening prospect.

The columnist who signs himself “the Hierophant’s Apprentice” in the Fortean Times asks “What was the weather like? Given enough water on the road, and sufficient speed, a vehicle can kick enough spray to hide the wheels and change its apparent shape.” [p. 48] Would it alter the appearance of a mundane vehicle to the point that more than one person thought it was something unknown, though? (That’s assuming they somehow didn’t notice the splashing water.) Maybe for one tired driver suffering highway hypnosis, but a whole family?

The Apprentice also suggests that the occupants of the Unidentified Driving Object were “terrified” because the same splashing effect made the British family’s car look alien to them. The Apprentice doesn’t seem to think highly of the average motorist’s intelligence.

Hassall, Peter, “Motorists from the Future,” Fortean Times no. 241 (Nov. 2008), pp. 46-48.

“Time Slips,” Fortean Times no. 274 (Special issue 2011), pp. 46-48.

I only clicked on the last 3 pages of this thread and I'm far too lazy to go through the whole thing, but that won't keep me from putting my two pfennig's worth in.

I've read several Man-in-Black stories in which the unwilling hosts of these odd characters allow these perfect strangers into their houses, answer their invasive questions, and often put up with rather rude behavior. After the MIBs leave, the host (sometimes a whole family) will be puzzled as to why they even gave these strange, sinister men the time of day. The attitude seems to be, "it seemed perfectly normal at the time."

D. Scott Rogo and Raymond Bayliss, in their book on phone calls from the dead, noted a number of instances where the recipient of a call spoke to the deceased caller as if totally ignorant of their demise, even if it was a parent a day or two dead. The moment the recipient rang off, however, it would hit him or her that the caller was dead. They, too, seemed to think it was perfectly normal at the time. Perhaps all involved in a time-slip think the strange clothing and currency are "perfectly normal" until later.

If there are time-slips, perhaps they work both ways. Stuntman-turned-writer Peter Hassell found a report of a strange vehicle in Germany. A British family (unnamed, unfortunately, in the original source) driving through that country came upon a cylindrical vehicle approaching from the opposite direction. The strange “car” did not even seem to have wheels. Further, there were four windows along the side of the cylinder, and “they saw four terrified faces looking back at them.” [Hassell, p. 47] Possibly a carpool group from a future era found itself on the Autobahn in the late twentieth century – certainly a frightening prospect.

The columnist who signs himself “the Hierophant’s Apprentice” in the Fortean Times asks “What was the weather like? Given enough water on the road, and sufficient speed, a vehicle can kick enough spray to hide the wheels and change its apparent shape.” [p. 48] Would it alter the appearance of a mundane vehicle to the point that more than one person thought it was something unknown, though? (That’s assuming they somehow didn’t notice the splashing water.) Maybe for one tired driver suffering highway hypnosis, but a whole family?

The Apprentice also suggests that the occupants of the Unidentified Driving Object were “terrified” because the same splashing effect made the British family’s car look alien to them. The Apprentice doesn’t seem to think highly of the average motorist’s intelligence.

Hassall, Peter, “Motorists from the Future,” Fortean Times no. 241 (Nov. 2008), pp. 46-48.

“Time Slips,” Fortean Times no. 274 (Special issue 2011), pp. 46-48.

Some interesting snippets, but I really would suggest that you take a look at the first three pages of this thread, rather than the last. We have threads on the more abstract theme of Time Slips elsewhere on here, but this one was quite specific to the original poster's experience.

MIB and time displaced vessels don't really fit so well with it. :)

Wouldn't it be amazing if in a year or two, somebody mentions Transdimentional Gas Stations and we point them to this thread - only we can't find it! It's gone.

Stu is certain there is a copy of the thread somewhere on an older server but since we moved hosts he'll have to dig it out one day...one day.

Guess which road I explored today?

I was returning from a business meeting and wasn't in a rush, so I turned off the motorway at Mjölby and explored the road in question. It was exactly the same road that I had driven on before but it felt much more populated than last time. There were more houses than I remember and they were all really well cared for. Everyone had identical hand-made wrought iron signs outside their homes and farms.

Approx. 4 km from Mjölby and therefore 5km from where they started their journey, (where the OP said it was) I found a house which had a kind of workshop/garage in front of it. It looked like it might have once been commercial. I hadn't noticed this place the first time there. The style of the house and the garage bit didn't match the original story but they could easily have been changed in the time since the original story.

In the original story, the OP mentioned that there was a sign saying Gas on the building. I questioned whether it actually said GAS or the Swedish word BENSIN. He said BENSIN. When I looked at this garage today it had a plastic sign on the wall saying GAS. (This was a warning sign for compressed gas bottles).

The garage had a very grubby window which looke dlike it might have been an old office or store. There was no petrol pump and anything to suggest that it had been a petrol station but it did look as though it had been something at one time. The window had blinds in it, making it look very commercial.

So is this the right building? Or was this the inspiration for a great story?

Guess which road I explored today?

I was returning from a business meeting and wasn't in a rush, so I turned off the motorway at Mjölby and explored the road in question. It was exactly the same road that I had driven on before but it felt much more populated than last time. There were more houses than I remember and they were all really well cared for. Everyone had identical hand-made wrought iron signs outside their homes and farms.

Approx. 4 km from Mjölby and therefore 5km from where they started their journey, (where the OP said it was) I found a house which had a kind of workshop/garage in front of it. It looked like it might have once been commercial. I hadn't noticed this place the first time there. The style of the house and the garage bit didn't match the original story but they could easily have been changed in the time since the original story.

In the original story, the OP mentioned that there was a sign saying Gas on the building. I questioned whether it actually said GAS or the Swedish word BENSIN. He said BENSIN. When I looked at this garage today it had a plastic sign on the wall saying GAS. (This was a warning sign for compressed gas bottles).

The garage had a very grubby window which looke dlike it might have been an old office or store. There was no petrol pump and anything to suggest that it had been a petrol station but it did look as though it had been something at one time. The window had blinds in it, making it look very commercial.

So is this the right building? Or was this the inspiration for a great story?
Was it road 593, going south east of Mjölby?

Not sure of the road number, Google isn't showing it to me. But yes, South East from Mjölby. I took the road called Eldslösaleden and then turned right onto Hargsvägen. I followed it through Kolstad all the way to the church in Västra Harg before continuing out again towards Sya and then the E4 motorway.

The building I saw (the one with the white caravans on the same side) appeared about 5 km short of the church. It was set a little way back from the road. Remembering that I travelled the road in the opposite direction to what the OP did, I saw the access to this little building very clearly on my left. It would have been much harder to see where to turn in from their direction. The OP didn't mention a hard to find access road. Note the small triangular sign between the small and large doors. Use street view to move backwards and forwards on the road and you can see the window with blinds. So there is/was some sort of office space or store in there.

There is also another building directly opposite (this has a red truck outside in the google view) which I stood with my back to when looking at the first building. This second construction is right on the road edge and it appeared on my right hand side which would have been the OP's left. I dismissed this building completely because it looked so much like a normal shed which Swedish farmers keep stuff in. It looks much cleaner and well kept now but the Google image of it from June 2011 makes it look a little more commercial. It also has a triangular GAS sign on the brown double doors.

https://goo.gl/maps/mZfYmZ8WpQ52

As it is early Autumn here now, the trees were a little more sparse than in the Google view and so I got a good look around. There were no pumps, no signs, no memorabilia...nothing.

However, these buildings do not in any way shape or form match the OP's description of what he saw. The OP saw:

A long corrugated iron shed roofed with tar paper
Right up against the road on their right hand side
An older farm house behind it clad in asbestos insulation
An orange petrol pump on the short side of the building facing their direction of travel

They are the only likely candidates. If that construction did exist then it is not there now.

Not sure of the road number, Google isn't showing it to me. But yes, South East from Mjölby. I took the road called Eldslösaleden and then turned right onto Hargsvägen. I followed it through Kolstad all the way to the church in Västra Harg before continuing out again towards Sya and then the E4 motorway.

The building I saw (the one with the white caravans on the same side) appeared about 5 km short of the church. It was set a little way back from the road. Remembering that I travelled the road in the opposite direction to what the OP did, I saw the access to this little building very clearly on my left. It would have been much harder to see where to turn in from their direction. The OP didn't mention a hard to find access road. Note the small triangular sign between the small and large doors. Use street view to move backwards and forwards on the road and you can see the window with blinds. So there is/was some sort of office space or store in there.

There is also another building directly opposite (this has a red truck outside in the google view) which I stood with my back to when looking at the first building. This second construction is right on the road edge and it appeared on my right hand side which would have been the OP's left. I dismissed this building completely because it looked so much like a normal shed which Swedish farmers keep stuff in. It looks much cleaner and well kept now but the Google image of it from June 2011 makes it look a little more commercial. It also has a triangular GAS sign on the brown double doors.

https://goo.gl/maps/mZfYmZ8WpQ52

As it is early Autumn here now, the trees were a little more sparse than in the Google view and so I got a good look around. There were no pumps, no signs, no memorabilia...nothing.

However, these buildings do not in any way shape or form match the OP's description of what he saw. The OP saw:

A long corrugated iron shed roofed with tar paper
Right up against the road on their right hand side
An older farm house behind it clad in asbestos insulation
An orange petrol pump on the short side of the building facing their direction of travel

They are the only likely candidates. If that construction did exist then it is not there now.

Looks like a beautiful place- never seen so much woodland as you can see from the surrounding area. Looks idyllic - my sort of place. I would imagine very easy to get lost on these roads without a map or sat nav and mistake one road for a different one.

tell me you took photographs
Of what though henry?

Last time I was there I posted lots of photographs on this thread. This time I took one photo of the building in question but the image on google street view is better so I linked to that. But here's my photo from yesterday:
image1.jpeg

As for the surrounding countryside etc, well when you've lived here for almost 20 years then one bit of countryside looks like all the rest. The houses and buildings in that area are very typical for Southern Sweden.

No, sorry. No closes ups because they're not abandoned buildings. It's people's property and there were people about. But they were just regular warning signs for compressed gas cylinders.

you didnt knock on then
No. I was tempted but you could see that it was just a normal house with a normal garage. There was a tractor in the garage and someones caravan nearby. The house was well looked after, the grass was neatly trimmed and everything looked normal. The only un-normal thing would be for me to start knocking on doors and asking about Transdimensional Gas stations.

People were paying attention to me as I drove through. I got the impression that not many cars travel that road.

Vardoger - his coordinates are slightly off. Those place him many km's south/south west (edited) of the road in question. He stated that the road went from the tiny village of Västra Harg to Mjölby. That's the road I was on (twice now).

Last edited:
probably a good call, the one time i did similar (revisiting a house where i used to live, during which time it was kind of haunted - whatever that means) did not end well !

mind you if theres a bar (or equivalent) within range might be interesting to stop in one evening and put the feelers out ...

I found a house which had a kind of workshop/garage in front of it. It looked like it might have once been commercial. I hadn't noticed this place the first time there.

That's because it wasn't there the last time ;)

Seriously well done for taking the time to have a look, and thanks for the detailed description :) It's a beautiful area.

Not sure what to make of it re: whether it matches what the original person saw, but it keeps the mystery going.

I just heard a variation on the "Gas Station" story on the "Mysterious Universe" 20:13 podcast.

Link below - the story starts at 1:02:55

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/category/podcasts/
Well done for finding this! There is actually no evidence in the report of the witness that supports or even hints at the involvement of alien reptilians -- but it does have some similarity to our gas station. It could be some attempt by other dimensional beings to get information from humans, but if so it is strangely inept. Nothing is said by the researcher on the site to suggest that he attempted to find out if there had been a gas station there in the past, he just picked it up as a weird tale that could be pressed into his agenda.

Well done for finding this! There is actually no evidence in the report of the witness that supports or even hints at the involvement of alien reptilians -- but it does have some similarity to our gas station. It could be some attempt by other dimensional beings to get information from humans, but if so it is strangely inept. Nothing is said by the researcher on the site to suggest that he attempted to find out if there had been a gas station there in the past, he just picked it up as a weird tale that could be pressed into his agenda.
Interesting point there.
How long do we have to wait before David Icke picks up on it?

Interesting point there.
How long do we have to wait before David Icke picks up on it?

Mr Icke was mentioned at other times during the pod cast. The book they were reviewing for this episode was pretty bonkers, so the hosts weren't all that serious about any of it.

There is actually no evidence in the report of the witness that supports or even hints at the involvement of alien reptilians

That's usually annoying about these stories - no dates or locations are provided, nothing that can be verified. Which makes them indistinguishable from Creepy Pasta.

Pretty much like me with any ghost story that either begins with 'I woke up and saw...' or ends 'and I know I wasn't dreaming because it all felt real!'

Back