• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Trinity River Monster

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Trinity River Monster (1979)

Trinity River Monster? Fisherman’s Encounter with Massive Aquatic Creature in Texas​

The Trinity River is a 710-mile-long river in Texas, and is the longest river with a watershed entirely within the state. It flows onward to the south, into Trinity Bay, an arm of Galveston Bay that is an inlet of the Gulf of Mexico. In 1979, an avid fisherman familiar with the river and its inhabitants had a surprise encounter with a massive creature that had no business in the Texas river.

This is an encounter that my older brother experienced. He was fishing on the Trinity River in Crockett Texas when this occurred in 1979. He would have been 27 at the time. We have talked about it for years with one another. In his own words, this is his encounter.

“I was just fishing on the little peninsula, like I always did because it was a good spot for bass. The water was about 5 feet down from the edge of the bank of where I was standing. The water was calm and slow moving. I never knew how deep the water may have been there.

All of a sudden, there was a very large swirl in the water and up came a creature I was not prepared to lay my eyes on. It rose completely straight out of the water to a height of about 10 feet. It was even with the top of my head. I saw its left side. It was completely black and the width of the body was the diameter of a 55 gallon oil barrel.

The eye was as large as the diameter of a coffee cup saucer. The mouth it had was approximately 4 feet long, with many sharp pointed teeth, like that of a pike or gar and were at least 4 inches in length. It had very large scales. It was as black as coal. It looked exactly like what is depicted as an Ichthyosaurus that you see in museums and books.

I never saw a fin or any other appendage it may have had, as they must have been down below the surface. I just stood there, frozen in shock, until I realized it was looking directly at me. It was only about 8 feet away and could have easily reached over to grab me up, like I was an easy pickings for a meal and that I was on the menu!

I just started slowly backing up, away from the edge of the little peninsula, toward my truck. After some paces back, making distance between the creature and I, it just slipped straight down back into the water. I got out of there and never went back to that spot again. I did not know things could get that big in fresh water. I will never forget how it looked or how it was staring right at me. “

My brother and I have discussed this encounter of his for over 30 years with one another. I have not heard of another account such as this one either, as most of the strange encounters from water are more serpent like or that of a plesiosaur.

MORE:
https://nationalcryptidsociety.org/...ysSVcUBfAmFN9d19PugHzfHtLxNh9cd7YT3kKxhC0F3XU

Back