The Troll's Head

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
A very good morn', one and all.

Looks like another, dare I suggest almost Fortean, glorious day here in Melrose, somehow escaping the Artic conditions further south.

indeed, might I raise that very question - what is Fortean?

Been bothering myself for a while now, particularly regarding news items.

Is it Fortean, or not?

Seems like a most splendid opportunity, this fair morning, to enquire...

What would, - maybe in one sentence? - encapsulate the 'brief' a la Fortean contribution. The kind of thing you would have on a Post-it note, as a reminder to check beforehand.

Coffee, if you please, (studying the breakfast menu...).

https://www.thecoffeemate.co.uk/p/c...W0qaZzCo3JSRiov86PWV9tZHVdZFcCSgaAtL5EALw_wcB

Bigphoot2

Carbon Based Infestation
Fair fellow traveler, 'tis part of my scribe when visiting the village market for replenishments...

"ASDA/Baxters luxury soups, tinned soup, chicken noodle soup, Heinz organic tomato soup, Campbell's tomato & rice soup...".

Not that I purchase them all, at the same time.

Perchance you have partaken of...

View attachment 14614
Even for a salt fiend like myself, found this to be on the edge. Luxuriously delicious, though.
I'm quite partial to Cullen Skink. I was telling a friend in America about it and he said "You eat lizards in Scotland?" Naturally I put him straight and told him we did but only when the Haggis were hibernating otherwise we'd be up to our sporrans in lizards.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
I'm quite partial to Cullen Skink. I was telling a friend in America about it and he said "You eat lizards in Scotland?" Naturally I put him straight and told him we did but only when the Haggis were hibernating otherwise we'd be up to our sporrans in lizards.
Well... I'll be... have a tin in the pantry... (cupboard).

201922_1126542.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
You do appreciate that "processed by civets" does literally mean eaten and shat excreted by monkeys? £66??! Wow.

(Sorry, I'm late to this party, I may just have spoilt the plot/flamed the slow-burning fuse...or spilled the beans)
Civets aren't monkeys.