The Troll's Head

gordonrutter

Justified & Ancient
Staff member
That's the spirit!

:thought: ... Hmmm... not so sure about the bow & arrow...

When they wee rascals get a turn of speed up, they're michty quick!... :dinner:
As I’m sure you know the haggis has legs shorter on one side than the other to easily allow them to run around mountains. Simply make them flee in the opposite direction and they will fall over and be easy to catch. Simples.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
you can sometimes startle a swarm or herd into motion - so dropping one is easier.

Have you read the research that the Midge is part of a complicated Haggis lifecycle?
Ah... in which case, bow & arrow would indeed suffice...

Don't you talk to me about midges! Can't count the number of fly fishing trips ruined by swarm after swarm of they wee %#@π+(!*...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Afternoon... bit of a blizzard outside...

Perchance a warming coffee? ...and do appreciate that our exiting, 'cat's crap' coffee beans have only just been ordered.

Any recommendation, my dear lady barmaid... ?

1549196985076646.jpg

Ah... most splendid.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Apparently it is particularly dangerous for the left handed haggis which lives on the north facing slopes of the mountains.
That very fact, indeed. It's a bit like... goats clinging on to sheer mountain sides and you wonder how that's possible. Aye, they're resourceful wee varmints... :tank:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
There's a permanent ban on the export of live haggis. We need to make sure we have a market for the cull! A smallish nation cannot eat it's way out of this problem alone!
Well, there's another controversy, 'farmed haggis'...

I'm not quite sure yet, where I stand on this.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
They do start to get frisky this time of year so hopefully the temperatures will level out.
It's actually been a tad peculiar, this winter... everywhere else is apparently in the grasp of blizzards, yet, right where you would expect an impact - here in heart of the Scottish Borders, we've had two weeks of constant sunshine!

One, noticeable, consequence - and plain to see - the young Haggi are much larger than normally expected this time of year.

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
It's actually been a tad peculiar, this winter... everywhere else is apparently in the grasp of blizzards, yet, right where you would expect an impact - here in heart of the Scottish Borders, we've had two weeks of constant sunshine!

One, noticeable, consequence - and plain to see - the young Haggi are much larger than normally expected this time of year.
oooh nice and plump :)

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
It's important that the traditions are handed on and the skills pass from generation to generation

Lest indeed we should ever neglect our heritage - an old photo of a haggis once it's been skinned/defeathered and made table presentable. All traditionally done by hand, of course.

1549222658842139.jpg

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Evenin'....
Came in early for best seat in the house.
This is gonna be a nervy one... trust me...

View attachment 14691
Thanks for reminding me an announcement is in order ...

{Clears throat; snaps fingers; an ominously low metallic note issues from the Gong Nobody's Ever Seen ... }

Folks! Listen up! ...

The Daily Specials blackboard in the Head's entrance foyer has unexpectedly spun off on one of its automatic writing spells, so let me fill you in on the options for today's festivities.

The Troll's Head 'Murrican Football Super Bowl Party will be held in the billiards and sportsperson's hangout room. The big screen TV is in place and our hacked satellite link is up and running. Separate seating areas for Patriots and Rams fans are clearly designated.

Those wearing a costume or garb (football-related or not ...) that extends higher than the crown of the head must take seats in the rearmost rows. No exceptions.

Please ensure that children and our little folk regulars are given the opportunity to sit up front. The ceiling fans have been disabled to provide perches for the faeries. The cue racks have been emptied for the use of our leather-winged contingent.

You will be able to order and receive drinks, snacks, and bar food in the viewing room, as we've declared this evening an all-hands shift. Please remember to tip your waitpersons, but take care to hand money to Swifty only if he's actually already brought you something you asked for.

Given the occasion, order options for the Super Bowl party will be 'Murrican only, with the exception of beer (thankfully).

Anyone smuggling a haggis into the viewing room can expect it to be confiscated and vigorously spiked (a la a touchdown celebration).

Meanwhile ...

We shall continue the recently inaugurated tradition of holding a parallel age-restricted (adults only) party having no connection to the Super Bowl.

The 2nd Annual Troll's Head Fort-Ballin' Stupor Bowl Party will be held in the Gentry Club Room, within which a white noise sound suppression system has been set up should the industrial soundproofing prove insufficient.

The weight benches from the Head's gym, the patio's chaise furniture, and the newly-cleaned Tantric yoga mats from all three meditation rooms have been moved to the Club Room for those inclined to recline.

The Club Room carpets have been steam-cleaned for those preferring the simplicity of festival seating or simply falling wherever they may.

The Stupor Bowl Party will similarly allow you to order refreshments delivered by the wait-staff. Tipping (the wait-staff) is permitted and encouraged, but take care with Swifty (see above). The 'Murrican fare restriction does not apply to the Stupor Bowl Party.

Should you wish libations or treats other than those available from the Troll's Head menu and officially admitted inventory, it is your responsibility to acquire them from any of the shadowy characters in the main bar area. Such vendors will not be allowed to trawl the Stupor Bowl venue.

Super Bowl related costuming, viewing, and conversation are strictly prohibited within the Stupor Bowl Party venue. The reverse is not true - you are free to be as blotto or catatonic as you wish over in the Super Bowl Party venue.

The main bar area will be open and operating during both parties, and we welcome our more staid and stable clientele to pass the evening as if nothing special is going on.

Enjoy!