The Troll's Head

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Mornin'...

What a night that was.

Feel like, 'Death warmed up'...

Large cup of your most volcanic Expresso - in fact, make that two in case someone wants to join me.

1549264581669353.jpg

Do I look a wee bit rough this morning?

1549264581445907.jpg

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
If I have a day to myself, I can excuse fried bread on the grounds that it is part of my combined breakfast-lunch!

"Brunch" - horrid coinage, would be something more elaborate and social, I gather.

Getting fried bread right, however, is something of an art in itself. So many combinations of bread, oil, temperature . . .

Only aubergines, in my experience, are capable of soaking up so much fat as badly-made fried bread. That will be very heavy on the stomach, short-term and long.

A long time since I did an extra round of fried bread to enjoy with marmalade on top - but now I think of it . . . :dinner:

Last edited:

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
If I have a day to myself, I can excuse fried bread on the grounds that it is part of my combined breakfast-lunch!

"Brunch" - horrid coinage, would be something more elaborate and social, I gather.

Getting fried bread right, however, is something of an art in itself. So many combinations of bread, oil, temperature . . .

Only aubergines, in my experience, are capable of soaking up so much fat as badly-made fried bread. That will be very heavy on the stomach, short-term and long.

A long time since I did an extra round of fried bread to enjoy with marmalade on top - but now I think of it . . . :dinner:
I find aubergines generally too oily, so even I have my limits :) And I do fry the bread in sunflower oil these days rather than dripping.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
A 'trivia' puzzle, if not indeed a riddle.

A song written by someone who had a legendary summer time hit, that he wrote for Elvis Presley, was never sung by Elvis, yet also became a classic number one hit, performed by a female artist.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
A 'trivia' puzzle, if not indeed a riddle.

A song written by someone who had a legendary summer time hit, that he wrote for Elvis Presley, was never sung by Elvis, yet also became a classic number one hit, performed by a female artist.
Oh Bondage Up Yours by The X Ray Specs.