• Hello everyone, we will rebooting the web server on Sunday February 17th 2019 at 1800 (6pm) GMT / 1300 (1pm) EST to apply some server updates.

We will also be applying some updates to the forums software.

This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime

The Troll's Head

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Don't we all, mate. Don't we all.

Sincerely though, I dreamed of Swifty and the crew last Wednesday. There was a huge Forteana house party. Me and the nerds were in one room sipping polite liqueurs and faffing about with technology. The bad kids were all conspicuous by their absence, so I went hunting about. In an upstairs room the dark party was in full swing. The first person I recognised as I walked through the door was our man in Cromer. He was laid out on his back on a sideboard with his head upside down giggling his face off and having vodka decanted directly down his gullet.
I'm a pisshead Freddy Kruger invading peoples dreams.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Ah... lunchtime in my local.

Not often I have the chance.

'Global Warming'... seen the arguments for and contrariwise.

All I know for sure is that it's another lovely, sunny, winter's day, here in Melrose and set to continue with forecast of 11 degrees later this week. :cool:

Has put myself right in the mood for a light lunch...

Oh... you don't do a Ploughman's Lunch by any chance?

That, with a flagon or three of house ale would be sublime. :twothumbs:

If its the dragons lair, where be all da gold?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes, a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes, a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king.
You seem to be sinking into your cups.

Are you going to eat the burger, or do you want me to take it away?

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
My good innkeepers, word in the Shire is that you might have a stash of this, reserved for, 'special occasions'.

Perchance I may purchase a bottle {places appropriate gold coins on table}?

1549931856473483.jpg

skinny

Antediluvian
The band we're rapping over on the music thread, Cold Chisel, features a Glaswegian on vocals - Jim Barnes.
Loads of Scots migrants came through to Adelaide in the 50s and 60s.
My heritage is East Clare, Ireland, but it's been more than 150 years since anybody thought to check in on the old country. It'll be my duty to relink at some stage. Been meaning to head across the water for 5 or 6 years now. Finances prohibit it at the moment, but I've rainchecks with Swifty and Ramon Mercado. Be happy to sit with you in Scotland when I make it acorss ... finally.

How's yer glass, mate?