The Troll's Head

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
Of course. But I would hope that arriving refugees would appreciate the sanctuary they have been given and not attempt to undermine our society as a very small percentage have tried to do. Football daft, great. My friends of yesterday actually appreciate this country, they would just be happier if they didn't meet quite so much prejudice. They all had a giggle when I talked about my problems as a kid with long hair - I know that's a choice, but it wasn't a choice I was prepared to sacrifice in the face or ridicule and prejudice - nothing like they have faced of course.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many, to misquote Spock

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many, to misquote Spock
Or, if you read our wretched papers, the misdeeds of the few outweigh the contribution of the many.

Edit - that doesn't mean that in any way I believe the misdeeds should not be reported - as any followers of my posts will know, I would want those Muslims who think that their religion entitles them to abuse young girls from other religions to be fallen on like a ton of bricks, because it is not only a sexual crime but also a hate crime. But equal rigour should be applied to Catholic priests - their exacerbation not being hate but abusing a position of power.

Last edited:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Comfortably Numb

The girl sounds like she has a decent voice, but the sound equipment is shite, the guy, well, I am unsure of his function, I guess it is to make sure she is not lonely.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Comfortably Numb

The girl sounds like she has a decent voice, but the sound equipment is shite, the guy, well, I am unsure of his function, I guess it is to make sure she is not lonely.
Hoping for some feedback in this! Cheers...!

Might I surmise, you are not familiar with the background to Courtney Hadwin?

If so, I wondered if few others in the Tavern... likewise.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
And i was correct, shite sound. Yes, I remember seeing her, didnt recognise her
And she was only 13-years-old on her AGT debut...

Split the difference here - don't want to go on about how much talent this kid has - check out the reactions online!

Meantime, if we keep this to ourselves in the Tavern... came across this, which seemingly has, 'gone under the radar' and manifests Courtney's Genesis!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Or, if you read our wretched papers, the misdeeds of the few outweigh the contribution of the many.

Edit - that doesn't mean that in any way I believe the misdeeds should not be reported - as any followers of my posts will know, I would want those Muslims who think that their religion entitles them to abuse young girls from other religions to be fallen on like a ton of bricks, because it is not only a sexual crime but also a hate crime. But equal rigour should be applied to Catholic priests - their exacerbation not being hate but abusing a position of power.
Sorry mate... what's religion have to do with any of this?

Ah... I see now...

ARRGGGHHHH.... Wish it didnae, eh, amigo...

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Spent the weekend in Liverpool. More specifically spent yesterday afternoon in the company of three charming Muslim women from the Sudan (one of whom is the girlfriend of a young guitarist mate) Much interesting discussion. The thing that surprised me a little was their insistence their first loyalty is to their tribe above all. They did tell me the name of their tribe but I have no idea how to spell it so I won't try.

Yes we were in a pub. apparently as long as the drink doesn't look like it contains alcohol that's fine - well for 2 out of 3 - the other lady is a total abstainer which we respected.
I know Muslims who will drink juice or coke with shots in it, presumably so if they are seen by other Muslims there's some deniability. Interestingly not met any who will go to a pub and not drink, though I'm sure they exist. Have met lots who have nothing against pubs but are unwilling to enter, presumably with some regret in some cases.

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
I know Muslims who will drink juice or coke with shots in it, presumably so if they are seen by other Muslims there's some deniability. Interestingly not met any who will go to a pub and not drink, though I'm sure they exist. Have met lots who have nothing against pubs but are unwilling to enter, presumably with some regret in some cases.
One of these ladies (who I hope think I'm a friend) would certainly not drink - actually the one who is going out with my Irish guitarist friend. I suspect this is not going to be a long term relationship even though both of them are lovely people.

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
Moving on, another thing I did in Liverpool was to see the exhibition of Leonardo da Vinci drawings in the Walker. If y'all get a chance to get to one of the various exhibitions of his drawings please do so. I can honestly say that seeing his actual drawings was amazing -,this guy is probably the genius of the world and to be two inches (with my close up specs on) from his drawings is a profound experience.

www.rct.uk/about/news-and-features/leonardo-da-vinci-a-life-in-drawing#/

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Moving on, another thing I did in Liverpool was to see the exhibition of Leonardo da Vinci drawings in the Walker.
Great shout!

Quite some years back, I stood before Van Gogh's, 'Starry Night', on display in Edinburgh.

Next thing I knew, I was in tears.

The sheer power emanating from that painting, was simply overwhelming.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Moving on, another thing I did in Liverpool was to see the exhibition of Leonardo da Vinci drawings in the Walker. If y'all get a chance to get to one of the various exhibitions of his drawings please do so. I can honestly say that seeing his actual drawings was amazing -,this guy is probably the genius of the world and to be two inches (with my close up specs on) from his drawings is a profound experience.

www.rct.uk/about/news-and-features/leonardo-da-vinci-a-life-in-drawing#/
I saw that exhibition at Buckingham Palace a few years ago - you're right, being up close to the real works was truly incredible, I spotted an actual Leonardo inky fingerprint on one!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I saw that exhibition at Buckingham Palace a few years ago - you're right, being up close to the real works was truly incredible, I spotted an actual Leonardo inky fingerprint on one!
I seem to recall seeing a Leonardo drawing at Windsor Castle. It's in a darkened room to stop the drawing deteriorating.