The Troll's Head

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Ummm... were we not supposed to do that?
Sure we are! That's why we keep the sack behind the bar. :evillaugh:

There was a period during which we kept a dozen Nerf jester's marottes in an elephant's foot umbrella stand for this purpose. The Nerf marottes were serially stolen, and then a visiting health inspector advised us the stand wasn't an elephant's foot and needed to be surrendered for re-interment.

... So it's back to the sack ...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Afternoon all..

Just came inside for some respite from the blazing sunshine...

Can't ever recall Scotland in February masquerading as the Caribbean.

Pint of your finest chilled ale and mind if I stick a tune on the jukebox...

'Haunted jukebox, something appropriate, at your discretion...'.

Sure we are! That's why we keep the sack behind the bar. :evillaugh:

There was a period during which we kept a dozen Nerf jester's marottes in an elephant's foot umbrella stand for this purpose. The Nerf marottes were serially stolen, and then a visiting health inspector advised us the stand wasn't an elephant's foot and needed to be surrendered for re-interment.

... So it's back to the sack ...
Obviously it wasn't an elephant's foot ...

... bull elephants have about a metre

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Haunted Jukebox, stick something on...

I interviewed Silverchair for a fanzine I produced with my mate at college back in the mid-90s. The 'Pure Massacre' promo had just been sent to us to review and they were playing/doing press at the Exposure Rock Cafe in Birmingham so we spoke to the guy at Sony and scored a ten minute chat.

They were a bit shellshocked to be honest, it was all happening pretty damn quick for them. It didn't help that their Mums were keeping an eye on proceedings as it was a licensed premises and they were under 18....

The full Paxman-esque interview...

20190228_094529.jpg 20190228_094542.jpg

skinny

Antediluvian
I've still got my old PS1,
Ditto.
Some druggy fuck stole my best discs, but I've found some cheap replacements at 2nd hand placement bins. Tomb Raider IV is still getting some play in 2019.

I interviewed Silverchair for a fanzine I produced with my mate at college back in the mid-90s. The 'Pure Massacre' promo had just been sent to us to review and they were playing/doing press at the Exposure Rock Cafe in Birmingham so we spoke to the guy at Sony and scored a ten minute chat.

They were a bit shellshocked to be honest, it was all happening pretty damn quick for them. It didn't help that their Mums were keeping an eye on proceedings as it was a licensed premises and they were under 18....

The full Paxman-esque interview...

View attachment 15324 View attachment 15325
It's a shame Danny boy disassociates this era of his music. It was primary stuff. I was in a cover band when they emerged, and we instantly roped in Tomorrow. Got the most dope harmonic from my detuned bass and the overdriven strat at the start of the song. The audience went mental for it so we played it late. Frogstomp is a classic of Oz rock. I know they were green, but there it is.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Ditto.
Some druggy fuck stole my best discs, but I've found some cheap replacements at 2nd hand placement bins. Tomb Raider IV is still getting some play in 2019.
The original PS1 Tom Raider game is charged at at least £20 in retro game shops these days so that's put me off picking it back up .. any game that resulted in a film spin off series costs more nowadays which is annoying ..