Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Ah i see now, maybe :p what is a blue lambo?, apart from a car

skinny

Antediluvian
Anyone ever tried Absinthe?
It is not permitted!

Yeah, Pernod but pfff.
My bff does irregularly partake of a revved up version. Fk knows where he gets the active agent, but he does it right... with the sugar and the gauze and ... the bath. Yeah, I know. EWWWW!

Wish I had a litre of active absinthe. Is it wormwood?
Where is it still brewed?

Last edited:

hunck

Justified & Ancient
It does contain Wormwood & was banned in many countries, though never Britain. Contains high level of alcohol ranging from 45–74% ABV

However according to Wiki

it has not been demonstrated to be any more dangerous than ordinary spirits. Recent studies have shown that absinthe's psychoactive properties have been exaggerated, apart from that of the alcohol

As to where

By the early 21st century, nearly 200 brands of absinthe were being produced in a dozen countries, most notably in France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, and the Czech Republic.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Anyone ever tried Absinthe?
Yes - multiple post-ban US domestic and imported versions (both with and without wormwood). A late friend had a compulsion to finally check it out once re-legalized, and we sampled the bottles he'd acquire every few months or so.

We agreed it had no discernible effects above and beyond what one would expect of any spirit with similar alcohol content.

I hated it because I couldn't stand the anus anise flavor.