The Troll's Head

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
We agreed it had no discernible effects above and beyond what one would expect of any spirit with similar alcohol content.

I hated it because I couldn't stand the anus anise flavor.
There's a terrific article here, which backs up your experience and demystifies the hallucinogenic tales...

https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/absinthe.htm

If it tastes of anise, I'm with you... Can't stand it... why?... because, like blue cheese and marzipan, it's just horrible!

So... Absinthe with Irn-Bru it is then.

Wonder if that's a world's first...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Mornin' all and another sunny belter of one here.

Irish coffee please... double Jameson in that.

Something been on my mind for ages and I can't think of anywhere more appropriate to run this by you... see what y'all might think...

I have named this, 'The Sceptics Curse'.

You either believe in a God, or you don't.

When you die, there are two possibilities in each case:

IF YOU BELIEVE
1. Your God exists and all is well.

2. Your God does not exist, however you will never know that.

You can't lose either way.

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE
1. God does not exist, however, you will never have the satisfaction of saying, "See, I told you so".

2. God actually does exist and you're now up shit creek without a paddle.

You can't win either way.

Common sense seems to dictate... if you don't have a religion, maybe pragmatic to find one before it's too late...?

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Man wrote that book. Man is responsible for all the deaths, and him alone.
Takes myself right back to the very moment I began to question my religious upbringing.

Must have been around 11-12 and was off school ill.

Lying in bed, thought I would read some of my Bible to pass the time.

The thought occurred, when and and where did God write the Bible.

So, found this previously unread introduction at the book's beginning, explaining how the Bible came into being.

'So, God didn't write the Bible at all then...'?

Uh-oh...

Speaking of water into wine - this song is a great laugh. I'd always taken it at face value. When I last saw Don live he explained that he was in a hotel room in Cessnock NSW bored off his mind with no rolling papers to skin up his marijuana. Then he remembers - what does every motel room in the western hemisphere have in the right bedside drawer - The Gideons.

Result!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Speaking of water into wine - this song is a great laugh. I'd always taken it at face value. When I last saw Don live he explained that he was in a hotel room in Cessnock NSW bored off his mind with no rolling papers to skin up his marijuana. Then he remembers - what does every motel room in the western hemisphere have in the right bedside drawer - The Gideons.

Result!
Except that many hotels these days won't allow the Gideons to put a Bible in their rooms.