The Troll's Head

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Sometimes I just want to go down to the town square and shout - "I'm quite nice - I've only ever cheated on a woman once and the consequences were so disastrous I won't do it again. I have my own house free of mortgage and I look after children and small animals, including my slightly odd dog. I NEED A WOMAN!'
Just shout - 'ladies, I'm rich and well-hung'. That should be enough.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
...spin a web in a cave?
Point of order ...

The Troll's Head's House Rules (dating back to 1796 and amended since then ...) clearly specify that no customer may deploy, install, lay, hang or otherwise implement any snare, trap, net, web, surreptitious portal, wormhole, trap, trap door, pendular weapon, booby trap, pit, snare, tripwire, extensible bludgeoning or cutting instruments, pitfall, quagmire, hooks, grapples, quicksand, lasso, noose, or any so much as remotely similar apparatus in the establishment's doorways, aisles, corridors, stairways, passages, ley lines, rainbow bridges, corpse roads, ladders, chutes, slides, or other pathways for personal movement - to include the dance floor and floor areas beneath the tables, bar, booths, and furnishings throughout the many rooms contained herein.

Anyone violating this regulation will be left to his / her own devices - meaning thrown into / onto the forbidden works and left to rot until such time as popular acclaim warrants release or the stench becomes unbearable.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Point of order ...

The Troll's Head's House Rules (dating back to 1796 and amended since then ...) clearly specify that no customer may deploy, install, lay, hang or otherwise implement any snare, trap, net, web, surreptitious portal, wormhole, trap, trap door, pendular weapon, booby trap, pit, snare, tripwire, extensible bludgeoning or cutting instruments, pitfall, quagmire, hooks, grapples, quicksand, lasso, noose, or any so much as remotely similar apparatus in the establishment's doorways, aisles, corridors, stairways, passages, ley lines, rainbow bridges, corpse roads, ladders, chutes, slides, or other pathways for personal movement - to include the dance floor and floor areas beneath the tables, bar, booths, and furnishings throughout the many rooms contained herein.

Anyone violating this regulation will be left to his / her own devices - meaning thrown into / onto the forbidden works and left to rot until such time as popular acclaim warrants release or the stench becomes unbearable.
I was just talking about a cave, honest...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Hadn't watched this footage before posting it.

Had no idea, 'Purple Haze' was on there as well.

Don't think the presenter, in his upbeat comments about this newly released single, realised it was a homage to LSD!

Right... 'mon tae f*ck here'... that has to be one of the most fabulous and influential performances I have seen in quite some time.

It's just fantastic.

Fab even... :bthumbup::bthumbup::bthumbup:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Anyone else here in the UK feel the distinct chiil of Autumn this morning.... Bit early for a flagon.... welll, I have always equated Autmn with Cider and rumour has it there's some mighty fime brew tucked away in the cellars from last year's apple harvest.... Ah.... a sample is on offer.... Cheers|

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Good folks, Troll's Head is ideal for an experiment. The, 'smart TV' has an Internet browser icon. Thought this would never work properly, however, last few posts have been made therein. As expected, a few challenges along the way. You do need a wireless keyboard - will explain later if anyone is interested. One thing I would like to try... Jukebox...something for an early Saturday morning, complementary to some very fine cider...? About to test if embedded links work...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Several hours later, just can't get the TV Opera browser to embed a link. Other than that, it's fine as a browser. Weird to see the forum on a large screen TV| It's great though, especially for uploaded images and links to videos. Requires an internet connection and wireless keyboard. I use the 'Trust' branded keyboard, which is excellent and comes with a wireless mouse - only £15 from Tesco and probably cheaper online. You do need a vacant USB port on the TV, for the aaccompanying, 'dongle', which facilitates the wireless connection (Bluetooth, if I recall correctly). Thought this might be of interest - I had no idea the TV Internet browser actually worked|

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
If you have access to a BT WiFi connection, did you know there's a ssupscription for only £15 a month? It doesn't seem to be well publicised at all and kinda hidden behind the options for BT's norrmal fees. If you select the £39 a month, WiFi only package, it then reveals there's aa 12 month contract offer - payable by credit card or direct debit. I've been using this for several months now and allows unlimited access to BT WiFi on my mobile, laptop and other devices. It's a terrific deal and thought surely worth a mention here. Incidently, you may notice one aspect of the TV Opera setup is that it doesn't seem, at present anyway, to recognise the 'return' key, hence no paragraphs|

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Just a note to add that you do not require any BT equipment for that WiFi package - only need a nearby BT WiFi connection. You can sign up online and have instant aaccess.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Ive got one of the wireless keyboards knocking around, i bought it cause my own keyboard buggered up, nice lil thing, cheap enough,new pooter now so it is shoved in the otterman, i do not possess a telly

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
Following on from some chat in the current time travel thread, thought this was worth a mention here - rare early footage of Jimi....

What do you reckon?
I think my eye has been leaking . maybe some dust or something...

I fell in (platonic) love with Jimi at 12 years old - funnily enough in 1967.

The one time I can remember my parents actually understanding me was when he died - they used to get the paper delivered and my Dad was an early riser. They woke me up and I thought my Gran or someone had died. It wasn't, it was my hero/genius. They knew what it would mean to me.

I would sell my entire model railway collection for the coat he is wearing in the video.

RIP Jimi. You tried to make a difference - you should never have gone back to the US.

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle