The Troll's Head

pandacracker

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Don't try and talk your way out of it now mate .. the Trolls is about to close so you'd better phone your Mum now
... And when does the "Trolly" close? I believe it randomly "Brigadoons", especially when under threat, but it never closes.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
... And when does the "Trolly" close? I believe it randomly "Brigadoons", especially when under threat, but it never closes.
It depends on your vantage point.

To an observer outside the Troll's Head the establishment can seem to appear, disappear, and teleport itself all around the landscape. These effects are even perceived by even passers-by who haven't been inside the 'Head and skidded themselves psychically sideways.

The internal perspective is usually the inverse ... The Troll's Head's interior environs are ontologically eternal (though constantly in flux), but the rest of the cosmos can seem to come and go.

This was the reason for the warning issued prior to the 2018 exodus / migration:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-trolls-head.60983/post-1799729

... during which the establishment continuously existed outside any perceptible frame of reference until resurfacing in its present operational context.

As such, the Troll's Head never "closes", but rather passes into and out of one's ken.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Well, all yesterday we have had the electric going on and off, whomever was hired to put the new electrics in should be called to correct this, hopefully they will, cause this is ridiculous. I need a wee coffee, decaf, please barman

skinny

Class of 1984
Reaction score
Was on my way over to the Bloody Irish thread. Saw youse were still open and heard Brian Ferry pleading for company as I was passing the door. Not a soul in the house. I'll pop back this arvo your time. I'll be over at O'Shea's for the craic and the ceili until 9 or so. Be on your best, all, until I get here and then we'll really give it a lash together. Come one come all. P articular gold invitation to all our new friends. Slan.

skinny

Class of 1984
Reaction score
I'm just dropping in for a bit of help with some research (Oh, thanks Lloyd. Wouldn't say no). I would love to know where You UK folk come from. I suspect there are far more up north than down south and want a poll to satisfy my curiosity.

Q: what geographical/cultural designations should I (and should I not!) post? My knowledge of these is as follows.

Scouser
Scot
Yorky
Cornish
Southern Shite

Any others I should be aware of? :kersplat:

I'll be back to check the xmas stocking in the morning. Ta.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I'm just dropping in for a bit of help with some research (Oh, thanks Lloyd. Wouldn't say no). I would love to know where You UK folk come from. I suspect there are far more up north than down south and want a poll to satisfy my curiosity.

Q: what geographical/cultural designations should I (and should I not!) post? My knowledge of these is as follows.

Scouser
Scot
Yorky
Cornish
Southern Shite

I'm Southern Shite.

skinny

Class of 1984
Reaction score
Hold on, Mytho. I've not set the poll. Best if I just let the anger simmer down first? Very touchy, you poms. This isn't meaning to be hurtful at all. I'm just curious as to the locogeography. Honest Christy.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score

Scouser
Scot
Yorky
Cornish
Southern Shite

Geordies - Newcastle
Yam Yams - the Black Country area of the midlands .. as in the cheerful "Yam oright mate?"
Brummies - Birmingham, next to the Black Country - I'm a Brummie
Taffies - rougher rural Wales

... and it's not to be just said 'Southern shite' .. the traditional insult from Northeners is 'soft Southern shite'

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A most heartfelt Good Evening, fond fellow wayfarers.

Much as I might wish to eulogise endeavours protecting the Shire of late, truth would be I took a break.

Whilst one is now quite profoundly refreshed, a suitable refreshing beverage would be well in order.

See those kegs of 'Troll's Head Oblivion', down in yon darkest cellar recess.

I'm getting this round in...

Jukebox, perhaps some suitable hocus pocus? Guitar wizardry most welcome...

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Some fool's just left 50p on the bar!?.. jukebox

Last edited: