The Troll's Head

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Evenin' good innkeeper and flagons of your finest new 'Troll's Lockdown Chaos Superbrew' all round.

Was reading some viking history and have to admire their warrior names.

Personal favourites are Bjorn Ironside, Eric Bloodaxe, Sweyn Forkbeard, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye and Ivar the Boneless.

Apparently the latter, "owes his name to a condition that caused his bones to fracture easily, making his reputation as a fierce Viking warrior particularly impressive" .

Now that's serious hard core...

https://blog.vkngjewelry.com/famous-vikings/amp/

On a related topic of weaponry, I am contemplating imminent purchase of the following air pistol, as now are some acquaintances.

The purpose would be outdoors target practice, with the prospect of doing so at night time, as daylight shortens.

Surprised how inexpensive this top-rated model is.

There is seemingly also that possibility of alarming some deserving people with a night targeting laser.

Screenshot_20201012_184824_compress96.jpg

OPTICS :
- 650 mm red laser sight
- 30 mm RGB dot sight
- 80-lumen tactical light

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/a...gamo-pt-85-tactical-177-pellet-air-pistol/306

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A flagon of Lockdown Superbrew good barkeep...

A quiet corner and some contemplation beckons.

Recent discussions elsewhere on 'near death experiences', recall a connection with same and...

Astral Projection.

I can't think of anything that terrifies myself more than the thought of experimenting with this and it hits a technically.

Success! You are now looking down upon your body.

Fascinating, however that's plenty for a first step and now time to ensure you can safely return.

Try as you will, to get back into your body; it ain't happening.

So, you're stuck there, floating around the ceiling.

You can't shout for help.

It isn't a near-death experience, so your predicament hasn't been registered in the next realm.

You keep looking around, hoping another spirit-like entity will show up.

Then, hopefully, you can explain being stuck and seek advice.

You wish for it to be a benign spirit-like being and doesn't start taking the proverbial...

One appears, disappears and then comes back with its spirit-like mates.

They surround you, floating... mocking.

'Lost your spanner, have you....?'

'Forget to leave the back door open, did we?'

'Been on the Forteana forums, I'll bet...'.

'Didn't read the instructions, eh..'.

'You're not from Cromer, by any chance...?'

No, never, ever, ever....

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
Evenin' good innkeeper and flagons of your finest new 'Troll's Lockdown Chaos Superbrew' all round.

Personal favourites are Bjorn Ironside, Eric Bloodaxe, Sweyn Forkbeard, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye and Ivar the Boneless.

Apparently the latter, "owes his name to a condition that caused his bones to fracture easily, making his reputation as a fierce Viking warrior particularly impressive" .

On a related topic of weaponry, I am contemplating imminent purchase of the following air pistol, as now are some acquaintances.

The purpose would be outdoors target practice, with the prospect of doing so at night time, as daylight shortens.

There is seemingly also that possibility of alarming some deserving people with a night targeting laser.

View attachment 30659

OPTICS :
- 650 mm red laser sight
- 30 mm RGB dot sight

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/a...gamo-pt-85-tactical-177-pellet-air-pistol/306
That’s all too frightfully modern. We’re all doing this in the back room....

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Bartitsu. It’s essentially a heavily innuendo-based pub fighting technique which involves pointing at a man with a stick to death. It’s quite the thing.
So named because it's the fighting style adopted by working class cloth-cap thugs in pubs?
The loser goes bar-titsup.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
So named because it's the fighting style adopted by working class cloth-cap thugs in pubs?
The loser goes bar-titsup.
The opposite actually. It was a fighting technique tailored to gentlemen (and ladies) who needed to protect themselves from the street ruffians who were all too common.
Antiques Road Trip did a feature on it and I thought I’d mention it as we recently had a forum thread featuring walking sticks.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score

View attachment 30659

OPTICS :
- 650 mm red laser sight
- 30 mm RGB dot sight

I wonder if it could be used to deter rats. We've had a plague of them round here ever since the local tip closed down. Presumably after they'd eaten everything in the tip that they could and there were no fresh meals arriving they have had to search out new homes.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I just managed to get the last pack of four no alcohol Guinness, i will taste it in a bit, it was £3.50

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I have had a small glass of it and it is weak, seriously, stick with the one with alcohol in it has more taste

Cochise

Reaction score
It's the late missus's birthday today. I think this is the first year I've been able to handle it rationally. Only 11 years and maybe I'm finally growing some balls back.

I know, I know, that's not the way we are supposed to be today, we are supposed to let it all out. I have been, previously. But I don't think that has been doing me any good- it's in too much conflict with the way I was brought up and was damaging my self-image.

I am sad, of course, and I do miss her terribly, but that's no reason to make an exhibition of oneself.

On the coincidental side, my red rose had produced a late flower a couple of days ago, and some buds, so I've stuck them on her grave - hopefully the buds will open. Which, given the appalling weather up here over the last month, and the fact that at this time of year the bush hardly gets any sun, is fairly amazing.

Cochise

Reaction score

View attachment 30659

OPTICS :
- 650 mm red laser sight
- 30 mm RGB dot sight

As mentioned elsewhere, I bought one. Don't. Waste of time. Even after I stripped the gadgets it's is still woefully inaccurate, mainly because the weight of the barrel extension (the thing that looks like a silencer) pulls the whole actual barrel downwards. I may yet be able to manufacture a sight to account for this, but that's only because I'm stubborn and spent money on it and want to try and get some function out of it. And i have odd bits of bow sight hanging around which may help.

The gadgets are useless because the mount is on a piece of flexible plastic. I've taken them all off except the barrel extension which is not removable without a hacksaw.

In fairness the optical and laser sights might be useful if mounted on a rigid mount.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
As mentioned elsewhere, I bought one. Don't. Waste of time. Even after I stripped the gadgets it's is still woefully inaccurate, mainly because the weight of the barrel extension (the thing that looks like a silencer) pulls the whole actual barrel downwards. I may yet be able to manufacture a sight to account for this, but that's only because I'm stubborn and spent money on it and want to try and get some function out of it. And i have odd bits of bow sight hanging around which may help.

The gadgets are useless because the mount is on a piece of flexible plastic. I've taken them all off except the barrel extension which is not removable without a hacksaw.

In fairness the optical and laser sights might be useful if mounted on a rigid mount.
It looks bent and far too ‘tactical’ in the picture. I did a quick search and found something that sounds far more suited to your needs. Much cheaper too.

Crosman 2240 Rat Buster .22 Co2 Air Pistol

The Crosman 2240 Rat Buster Co2 powered Air Pistol is one of the most powerful air pistols you can buy. It's often used by game keepers and those in pest control to dispatch the Invasive Mink in the UK.

It may not look the most attractive pistol you can buy, but it really packs a punch. And at this price it is probably the most powerful air pistol on the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krepostnoi

That's the way to do it
Reaction score
blurb said:
And at this price it is probably the most powerful air pistol on the market.
That makes no sense. The price has nothing to do with the muzzle velocity, or however they are measuring power.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
During recent times, my nine-year-old granddaughter has taken an increasing interest concerning, 'witches and spells'.

This may have been encouraged, when buying her an associated, 'spell book', for retention of one's learnings along the path.

With requisite permission, I am able to share some of its contents, which I thought may be suitable for perusal over a pint in the Troll's.

Have to say, I did find the 'intensity' therein somewhat... 'enlightening'...

Screenshot_20201107_083318.jpg

Screenshot_20201107_083550_resize_22.jpg

Screenshot_20201107_083436_resize_60.jpg

Continued...