The Troll's Head

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Ach, still time for one more...same again and for anyone else who would like a top-up, my good bartender... :)
Aye, does this resonate?... Just struck myself as a metaphor these days... :sstorm:

Nemo

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
*Pours an another JD & Soda & a free hug*

An one off quest, if you decide to accept!?. You have to find a backwards Jazz version of Bach's "Tocatta & Fugue in D minor".

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
*Pours an another JD & Soda & a free hug*

An one off quest, if you decide to accept!?. You have to find a backwards Jazz version of Bach's "Tocatta & Fugue in D minor".
Awesome JD&S - Cheers!

On the case, meantime I believe Jukebox is going to put something on for a most astute Troll's late night entertainment...

Nemo

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
That was not bad, really hard to play backwards, when you have to learn to play forwards. Anyway free drinks for you forever & ta.

:bthumbup::bthumbup:

In return;-

Written by the Victorian composer Aaron Copeland.

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Here's an example of something played backwards, making it sound Satanic.
Amazing!!!!! Thank you.

I note there's a YouTube video of 'Stairway to Heaven' played backwards, in which you can apparently 'hear' these lyrics:

He'll give you 666...

:evillaugh:

So... you cite Pink Floyd as an example... :thought:

Wouldn't perchance be a backwards recording of Dave's epic solo in Comfortably Numb...:eek:

Might just join a fellow Troll's refugee this morning and shall have an Irish coffee whilst contemplating this further - same again for everyone please. :btime:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Only heard the first couple of minutes so far and it is insane - this is seriously messing with my head! :hapdan:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Better make that a large JD&S and what in the name do we have here then? :D

:headspinner:

Gene Hunt73

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Does this place have a drink now pay later policy?
If that's the case can I have a large V.A.T.
download.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this place have a drink now pay later policy?
If that's the case can I have a large V.A.T.
View attachment 34220
Technically, the Troll's Head doesn't exist within any fixed terrestrial jurisdiction, so there are no applicable consumption levies associated with chug-here items.

Here's a vodka and tonic to sip while you contemplate all that ...

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
At last, a tavern offering solace from the day's tribulations...

Endeavouring to set up a website, merely as a holding for uploading material which can readily be accessible to others.

Eight bloody hours it took.

A large dram of anything which doesn't melt the glass, please, my good bartender.

Still can't quite understand why .pdf files are not downloadable from the site, however, past caring for now.

Aye, how's the weather where you are. Family and friends all in agreement we can't remember a more miserable month than January. Still no better, if not worse, come February!

Was in town yesterday and really noticed how dismal things are. The Italian restaurant still has a sign up saying they are open for Christmas...

Ach well, mustn't grumble, could be infinitely worse!

My round and Cheers to the onset of Spring! :beer:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
How about we forego the glass-dissolving stuff from the Classified shelf and calm you down with a nice single malt - hmmmm?

If that's acceptable ... Would you like spring water or soda added?

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
How about some live music from my friends to help the evening along?

Karen Naomi and Rob - Motel Sundown

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
How about some live music from my friends to help the evening along?

Karen Naomi and Rob - Motel Sundown
Nice harmonies, also pedal steel. Original or cover?

Cochise

Reaction score
Nice harmonies, also pedal steel. Original or cover?
Original - one of Rob's I think, although obviously they all contribute.

Karen's written some great songs - she was performing her stuff solo before the group was formed. One of them, 'New Strings' , is available as a single. She also used to do a great cover of Tom Petty's 'won't back down' - sounds particularly good coming from a tiny - but ferocious - Irish woman.

Last edited:

Cochise

Reaction score
I've been joining the philosophers. ("Oh, oh, how dreadful - do they go to special houses for that?")

My musing is on the current inability of so many people - not on here - to consider any views other than there own, to insist that what they agree with are facts and anyone who dares to disagree, even armed with actual verifiable facts, is a conspiracy theorist and a dangerous nutter. Who must be cancelled and condemned for wrongthink. This approach to life of course has always applied to a few people, but it now seems to be extremely widespread.

Some people blame this on the internet. It probably has something to do with it.

However I put my blame primarily on the idea general for two or three generations now that you mustn't tell kids they are wrong. Even when they are. And you don't point out when they are acting like idiots in case it hurts their little feelings. Now, I'm not suggesting we go back to whipping erring offspring, but there are times when people - even very small people - are wrong and need to be told. There is no point in giving someone ten out of ten when they don't deserve it.

Surely the natural consequence is that many of them will grow up with the idea that , within certain wooly but very narrow limits set by themselves that are permissible for adjustment , they can't be wrong?

I mean, I'm stubborn, I take a hell of a lot of persuading to change my mind, but I know I can be and have been completely wrong. And when I do think I'm in the right, it is because I've examined the contrary evidence as far as I am able, and satisfied myself it doesn't outweigh the evidence on my side. Even quite highly qualified and apparently intelligent people just don't seem to do that any more. Instead we get laughable things with serious real world consequences such - for example - the extreme shallowness of the Brexit debate - on both sides and over several years.

Bonus points for recognising the slightly paraphrased quote.

Last edited:

Cochise

Reaction score
Shop out of JD - had to go back to my first bourbon love Jim Beam. Sweeeet.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Just booked The Trolls a new house band for when restrictions are lifted :) .. they smell a bit though and they're asking for cash upfront it that's Ok? ..

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Tee-total here.

Wearing my hairshirt.

Pine needles under my fingernails.

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
My musing is on the current inability of so many people - not on here - to consider any views other than there own, to insist that what they agree with are facts and anyone who dares to disagree, even armed with actual verifiable facts, is a conspiracy theorist and a dangerous nutter. Who must be cancelled and condemned for wrongthink. This approach to life of course has always applied to a few people, but it now seems to be extremely widespread.

Some people blame this on the internet. It probably has something to do with it.

However I put my blame primarily on the idea general for two or three generations now that you mustn't tell kids they are wrong. Even when they are. And you don't point out when they are acting like idiots in case it hurts their little feelings. Now, I'm not suggesting we go back to whipping erring offspring, but there are times when people - even very small people - are wrong and need to be told. There is no point in giving someone ten out of ten when they don't deserve it.

Surely the natural consequence is that many of them will grow up with the idea that , within certain wooly but very narrow limits set by themselves that are permissible for adjustment , they can't be wrong?
Good grief I couldn't have put it better myself and I am unfortunately part of generation where this way of thinking seems to be becoming commonplace, it is absolutely grim... unfortunately I'm starting to feel that this may come between myself and a close friend. I'm currently self medicating with gin! :boozing:

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Tee-total here.

Wearing my hairshirt.

Pine needles under my fingernails.
*Pokes head round door*

The In-House GP is teetotal, but he drinks port-and-lemon at Christmas. I am not teetotal, but don't drink much because I married a teetotaller!

Can I have a lemon-and-lime and a packet of crisps in the car park?

Cochise

Reaction score
Two films that were set up to have a sequel but one was never forthcoming:

Master and Commander

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I know both films were in some ways flawed, but the good things to me far outweighed the bad. Russell Crowe was a brilliant Jack Aubrey and the naval detail excellent in M&C, and the casting in League was equally excellent, though the film was let down by some amateurish special effects.

I'm not sure if League is entirely 'on genre' , but are there any other steampunk movies?

Last edited: