The Troll's Head

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
I remember seeing it described as "the best Star Trek movie never made" and it does have that vibe to it.

Well now I absolutely have to see it! :D
For reasons even I don't know I started watching enterprise a while back on the horror channel... after so much investment I feel like I need to persist and finish it (if only for the fleeting appearance of Archer's beagle).

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
It’s got a really old bad joke in there but somehow it drags you in and makes you feel like part of the crew.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Well now I absolutely have to see it! :D
For reasons even I don't know I started watching enterprise a while back on the horror channel... after so much investment I feel like I need to persist and finish it (if only for the fleeting appearance of Archer's beagle).
Never got on board with that.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
Ow ow ow ow ow - just bent back my ring finger on the right hand - think I've trapped a vein. Swollen and the tip has gone cold. See how it goes by tomorrow. There goes my chance of learning the three finger technique on my bass.

(Started off using my thumb, then a bass pick, then two fingers - was hoping to copy Maria in the resident band at the cavern who plays with three and uses her little finger as a mute)

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Ow ow ow ow ow - just bent back my ring finger on the right hand - think I've trapped a vein. Swollen and the tip has gone cold. See how it goes by tomorrow. There goes my chance of learning the three finger technique on my bass.

(Started off using my thumb, then a bass pick, then two fingers - was hoping to copy Maria in the resident band at the cavern who plays with three and uses her little finger as a mute)
Try slap bass 'Flea' style :)

Cochise

Reaction score
Does anyone know a 'missing person' site for the UK? I'm not meaning 'missing' as in possible victim or deliberate disappearance. There are a couple of people who I've lost contact with many years ago and would like to reconnect if at all possible.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Does anyone know a 'missing person' site for the UK? I'm not meaning 'missing' as in possible victim or deliberate disappearance. There are a couple of people who I've lost contact with many years ago and would like to reconnect if at all possible.
There used to be Friends Reunited, but that disappeared some years ago. I think it was popular for a while, but made no money.
AFAIK, nothing has sprung up to replace it.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
The Daily Mail has a column for that sort of thing, people looking for old aquaintances and the likes, might be the Mail on Sunday, if your old friends are likely to read the Mail might be worth a go.
Have you tried looking them up on facebook?

Cochise

Reaction score
The Daily Mail has a column for that sort of thing, people looking for old aquaintances and the likes, might be the Mail on Sunday, if your old friends are likely to read the Mail might be worth a go.
Have you tried looking them up on facebook?
I've tried various internet things , but I've only got details from many years ago and at least one of them was given to changing surnames rather frequently. It's not impossible they are both dead. They'd be in their late 60's if alive.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
I've tried various internet things , but I've only got details from many years ago and at least one of them was given to changing surnames rather frequently. It's not impossible they are both dead. They'd be in their late 60's if alive.

Are they in the UK? if you search on their name then one of the results (at least) should be an online directory. You can get down as far as a list of names and partial addresses without having to subscribe, which gives you additional info for searching. Unless they have removed themselves from public lists as far as possible, as we have.

Also, agreeing that FB can be tedious when doing this but very productive.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Man im just getting a buzz on and everyones else has gone home...barlord another rum and coke and one for yourself :p

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Happy Easter, everyone, drinks on me...
1_RS_TEM_ButlersintheBuffJPG.jpg

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
Urgh no thanks... have woken up in the middle of the night with a spinning head, completely self inflicted by drinking too much gin. :boozing:

Also looked for my phone for about 5 minutes before realising I was sitting on it, which leads to the pertinent question... just how big has my arse become over lockdown? :hahazebs:

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Urgh no thanks... have woken up in the middle of the night with a spinning head, completely self inflicted by drinking too much gin. :boozing:

Also looked for my phone for about 5 minutes before realising I was sitting on it, which leads to the pertinent question... just how big has my arse become over lockdown? :hahazebs:
My advice, drink gin before they add all the shit to it, ie vodka :p secondly if you cany find you phone because youre sat on it, not and issue, if you cant find your tablet because youre sitting on it thats a problem, if you cant find your laptop because youre sitting on it thats a major problem, if you cant find your desktop because youre sitting on it seek help immediately :hahazebs:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
... Also looked for my phone for about 5 minutes before realising I was sitting on it, which leads to the pertinent question... just how big has my arse become over lockdown? :hahazebs:

I should think the more pressing question would be: Who is my arse butt-dialing while I'm looking the other way? :thought: