The Troll's Head

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
Urgh no thanks... have woken up in the middle of the night with a spinning head, completely self inflicted by drinking too much gin. :boozing:

Also looked for my phone for about 5 minutes before realising I was sitting on it, which leads to the pertinent question... just how big has my arse become over lockdown? :hahazebs:

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Urgh no thanks... have woken up in the middle of the night with a spinning head, completely self inflicted by drinking too much gin. :boozing:

Also looked for my phone for about 5 minutes before realising I was sitting on it, which leads to the pertinent question... just how big has my arse become over lockdown? :hahazebs:
My advice, drink gin before they add all the shit to it, ie vodka :p secondly if you cany find you phone because youre sat on it, not and issue, if you cant find your tablet because youre sitting on it thats a problem, if you cant find your laptop because youre sitting on it thats a major problem, if you cant find your desktop because youre sitting on it seek help immediately :hahazebs:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
... Also looked for my phone for about 5 minutes before realising I was sitting on it, which leads to the pertinent question... just how big has my arse become over lockdown? :hahazebs:

I should think the more pressing question would be: Who is my arse butt-dialing while I'm looking the other way? :thought:

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score

Seems fine to me...
Betty_Grable_20th_Century_Fox.jpg

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
Could Ivar pinta cider pls, Lloyd?

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
Does anyone know a 'missing person' site for the UK? I'm not meaning 'missing' as in possible victim or deliberate disappearance. There are a couple of people who I've lost contact with many years ago and would like to reconnect if at all possible.
Double JD and one cube of ice, please.

Replying to myself. One of the people I'd like to contact is my first wife. I've heard nothing of her since 1984 or thereabouts, at which point she'd left me for another bloke and had a child with him, to whom she bizarrely gave my surname. We'd actually split in 1981, and my divorce also went through in 1984 - by which time, to be fair, I was also going out with someone else. I know she didn't stay with that guy because he later contacted me trying to find her.

We never had any big row or hated each other, and since we'd had a child together at this distance in time it would be nice to know how she made out. She'd had a rough start in life being one of the children born out of wedlock in the Irish Republic and farmed off to an English Catholic family who instead of treating her as a daughter treated her as the scabbed ewe. For that reason I don't know her birth surname or have access to her birth certificate. I have our marriage certificate, at which time her surname was Ellis. I have no idea what name she would be using now.

I may have met someone else after who became the love of my life, but that doesn't mean I didn't genuinely care for Cath and would like to know if things worked out OK for her.

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Cochise: Have you tried searching for the child?

Cochise

Reaction score
Last edited:

Cochise

Reaction score
In addition i have discovered my grandmother on my mother's side had 13 siblings, none of whom I knew, and my father had 7 siblings, of whom I only knew 3.

Perhaps we need a genealogy explorer's topic!

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
In addition i have discovered my grandmother on my mother's side had 13 siblings, none of whom I knew, and my father had 7 siblings, of whom I only knew 3.
Greetings all... wondered if due to new COVID legislation, as from this morning we are allowed more than two people from three different households in the Troll's...

Or, was that three from two...?

Should you also be confused, this round's on me. :)

Jukebox... perhaps something upbeat and.... nothing to do with UFO enigmas.

Hope you are all enjoying a welcome uplift with the weather... although I did have to put the electric fire on first thing this morning!

And necessitates a warming dram.

Cheers! :beer:

Jukebox, why the evil grin...

Cochise

Reaction score
I've tried but for some ridiculous reason I can't find the recommended reading topic.

've just read a book called The Motor Maid by A, M. Williamson. It's a poem in many chapters. I'm not a fan of books written from the female point of view, but i do like stuff from the Edwardian era , and I highly commend this book to anyone with romance in their soul.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Greetings all... wondered if due to new COVID legislation, as from this morning we are allowed more than two people from three different households in the Troll's...

Or, was that three from two...?

Should you also be confused, this round's on me. :)

Jukebox... perhaps something upbeat and.... nothing to do with UFO enigmas.

Hope you are all enjoying a welcome uplift with the weather... although I did have to put the electric fire on first thing this morning!

And necessitates a warming dram.

Cheers! :beer:

Jukebox, why the evil grin...

I do love me some Frankie!
You'll know all about how slowly it dawned on the BBC what exactly the song was about. :clap:

They did it for Top of the Pops and were invited back for the xmas edition -

Cochise

Reaction score
Question for our female members.

Are you actually afraid of mice and spiders when no male is present to 'rescue' you? Something which, incidentally, I have faithfully done for my inamorata without the slightest hint of scepticism - I usually let the spiders out of the nearest window. They keep down the flies.

Afraid of sharks and rattlesnakes I could understand.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Are you actually afraid of mice and spiders when no male is present to 'rescue' you? Something which, incidentally, I have faithfully done for my inamorata without the slightest hint of scepticism - I usually let the spiders out of the nearest window. They keep down the flies.

Be careful of that thin ice you're walking on :p

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score

K3d6.gif

Ogdred Weary

The Lich King
Reaction score

A friend - big strapping bloke, was once called into a house by a woman when he was just walking down the street, she had a dead rat - I presume it had been killed by poison or a trap, she was distressed and asked him to dispose of it. They had not met before and that was a potentially dangerous situation for both of them. He did - put in a bin bag or something she gave him, she was embarrassed and grateful.

I'd have done the same but would have apprehensive about entering a random house at the behest of a woman I'd never met - I don't know who else might be there, or less even likely, what I might be accused of. It's a judgement call at the end of the day.

A rat, dead or otherwise, is more viscerally unpleasant than a mouse or spider and possibly more of a disease vector, so not quite the same thing. I imagine women and men who are afraid of such things probably woman/man up and deal with it on their own most of the time. Lot's of men seem to be afraid of spiders, I've never heard of a man afraid of a mouse, though they must exist.

Cochise

Reaction score
As mentioned elsewhere, I bought one. Don't. Waste of time. Even after I stripped the gadgets it's is still woefully inaccurate, mainly because the weight of the barrel extension (the thing that looks like a silencer) pulls the whole actual barrel downwards. I may yet be able to manufacture a sight to account for this, but that's only because I'm stubborn and spent money on it and want to try and get some function out of it. And i have odd bits of bow sight hanging around which may help.

The gadgets are useless because the mount is on a piece of flexible plastic. I've taken them all off except the barrel extension which is not removable without a hacksaw.

In fairness the optical and laser sights might be useful if mounted on a rigid mount.
Well, I've done a lot of work on this and it is now reasonably accurate up to 20 feet or so. Stripped off the optical sight it came with and have contrived a new sight on a more secure mount, plus a second grip so i can steady it two-handed, plus the laser sight for night use, again set up to the same 20 feet (ish). Its only use is to deter rats. I don't aim at the rats, I'm just trying to scare the bejaysus out of them.

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score

Mine's a mojito. I'm feeling wild on a Sunday night!

I am not afraid of spiders when I'm on my own, and have rescued my strapping 6-foot son Son No 1 from more than a few. I'm not particularly bothered by mice either, although I wouldn't want one in the house whether I was on my own or not!

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Wanders back in, waves at regulars, buys a round for all, quietly slips out before the wretched karaoke starts...

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I used to have a Hungarian woman as a lodger.
She didn't like spiders.
I always knew when she found one in her room as there would be a loudly shouted stream of Hungarian expletives accompanied by the sound of repeated stamping/stomping or a book being smashed against the wall.
Spiders didn't last long in her company and would usually end up being mashed into the carpet.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just back home from Edinburgh, with shiny new DELL 17", 'multimedia special' laptop... :)

It's Windows 10 and everything's different... :oops:

Need drink...

This will be my first A/V experience of not using a mobile to go online for over a year...

Anyone like to put something suitable on to try out my new dream machine...?

I'm fair excited! :hapdan: