The Troll's Head

Lloyd

The Troll's Head's Spectral Barkeep
Reaction score
The Picnic Park and Sporting Lawns out back of the Head have had their furniture and equipment removed to winter storage, but you can still freely access them via any of the back doors on that side. The patio remains open and furnished, so camping is not recommended there.

If you can wait a while, rumor has it that Swifty will soon be the man to see for camping gear.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The Picnic Park and Sporting Lawns out back of the Head have had their furniture and equipment removed to winter storage, but you can still freely access them via any of the back doors on that side. The patio remains open and furnished, so camping is not recommended there.

If you can wait a while, rumor has it that Swifty will soon be the man to see for camping gear.
Merlot please Lloyd. A large one. I've just accidentally insulted Swifty's Mother. I think I got away with it though. Cheers.

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Okay, I don't drop by much but Lloyd is now actually HERE???? I am somewhat freaked out by his arrival. I'm not sure his motives are always transparent.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Okay, I don't drop by much but Lloyd is now actually HERE???? I am somewhat freaked out by his arrival. I'm not sure his motives are always transparent.

I regret to say I have that effect on some folks.

May I assuage your apprehensions with a drink? I'm guessing you're a white wine person ...

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I regret to say I have that effect on some folks.

May I assuage your apprehensions with a drink? I'm guessing you're a white wine person ...
Actually these days I prefer red. Unless it's dessert wine. Or a spritzer. What the hell, surprise me.

Lloyd

Reaction score
(Places a wineglass with pale pink liquid before bugmum ... )

Let's split the difference and make it rosé. Just let me know if it's not satisfactory.

Krepostnoi

And they called it puppy love
Reaction score
(Places a wineglass with pale pink liquid before bugmum ... )

Let's split the difference and make it rosé. Just let me know if it's not satisfactory.
Just be careful not to hold it up to the light, otherwise everything these days will seem comparatively unsatisfying.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Dear patrons ...

Tonight's special is Bloody Mary.

(a shriek emanates from among the denizens crowded around the vast ornate card table in the corner)

Ahhh, no ... The Bloody Mary game area is in the Salon of Mirrors - through the billiards parlor and the second door on the left ...

I meant the Bloody Mary cocktail. It's the centennial of the drink's creation at Harry's Bar in Paris - a venerable watering hole I once haunted.

Happy 100th, bloody mary: Paris marks cocktail’s birthday
https://apnews.com/article/business...t-fitzgerald-8be4a7cb762048b3da13906917327ea0

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Dear patrons ...

(a shriek emanates from among the denizens crowded around the vast ornate card table in the corner)

Ahhh, no ... The Bloody Mary game area is in the Salon of Mirrors - through the billiards parlor and the second door on the left ...

I meant the Bloody Mary cocktail. It's the centennial of the drink's creation at Harry's Bar in Paris - a venerable watering hole I once haunted.

https://apnews.com/article/business...t-fitzgerald-8be4a7cb762048b3da13906917327ea0

Regulars here will know about THAT dusty old bottle of Advocaat on the left side of the bar. Not only does it taste disgusting, it gives you the worst nightmares of the previous punter who had a sip.

Three Bloody Marys and a bag of Cork Scratchings please.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Reaction score
(Places a tray in front of Analogue Boy ... )

Here you go ... And I wish you a Happy Holidaze.

George_millett

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Pint of LBV and a pot of Tea please LLoyd. Don't really care what year the LBV is from. Russian Caravan would be nice for the Tea though please.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Wineglass&Bottle.jpg
Here's the port ... I hope you find it to your liking.

Your tea will be along shortly. The samovar is quite in demand this evening.

If I may, I'll forget to take the wine bottle back to the bar for the time being.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Thank you ... Have you any needs at the moment?

No? ... In that case, I must attend to something. Tradition and ritual, you see ... It will only take a couple of minutes ...

Retreats behind the main bar, then reappears carrying a well-worn leather valise. Comes from behind the bar and walks over to a venerable wing-back chair situated front and center before the main fireplace. Opens the valise and withdraws an antimacassar, which is then carefully draped over the chair's back. Reaches into the valise, pulls out a bus schedule from somewhere in Cornwall, crumples and wads it up violently, and drops it onto the chair's seat. Reaches into the valise a third time, producing a card holder that is placed on the table beside the chair ...

Reserved-Rynner.jpg

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
A single malt - Isle of Jura or Highland Park if you have it, and a mulled wine for my ghostly friend.

Merry Christmas everyone

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I just thought I'd pop in for the Christmas lunchtime special, seeing as I'm on my own again this year (like several previous years, lol)
I've got no decorations.
No Cards.
No Presents.
Nothing special for dinner.
It is much like any other Saturday TBH.

So I'll have a Woods 100 Rum (double measure) with just a splash of cola and a wedge of lime please.
Oh and bung an ice cube in for me please Lloyd, ....and whatever you're having.

Lloyd

Reaction score
A single malt - Isle of Jura or Highland Park if you have it, and a mulled wine for my ghostly friend.
Merry Christmas everyone

And a Happy Holidaze to you, Cochise ...

I selected Jura 30-Year, because you'd be doing me a favor to finish off the bottle. I hope you don't mind ...

Jura-30-years-old.jpg
... And the mulled wine ...

MulledWine-Glass.jpeg

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'll have a Woods 100 Rum (double measure) with just a splash of cola and a wedge of lime please.
Oh and bung an ice cube in for me please Lloyd, ....and whatever you're having.

I'm not sure where Lloyd's gone ... It takes a lot of busy work to host a quiet Xmas at the 'Head.

Here you go ... Wood's Old Navy and Coke - Double ... Enjoy ...

Rum&Coke-TALL.jpeg

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Lloyd, why don't you have a drink yourself, of your own choice?
On me.

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Lloyd don't drink...

or eat.
Y'know?
Pint o'plain, mate.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Lloyd don't drink...

or eat.
Y'know?
Pint o'plain, mate.
Hmmm. I suppose you're right. It would just fall right through him, because of his ghostly and insubstantial constitution.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
OK Lloyd, a pint of whatever for my friend skinny, please.
Thank you.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Lloyd, why don't you have a drink yourself, of your own choice?
On me.
Thank you - that's quite friendly and generous, but ...

Lloyd don't drink...

Pint o'plain, mate.
(Places a generous pint upon the bar before Skinny ...)

Beer-Pint-OnBar-B.jpg
(Turns back to Mythopoeika ...)

Skinny is correct - or at least tilted in the direction of correctness. I'm not given to drinking. Perhaps it's a malady of my profession, but I fear alcohol has lost all its allure for me. There are wines in the 'Head's cellar that were still grapes on the vine the last time I can honestly say I enjoyed a drink.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Hmmm. I suppose you're right. It would just fall right through him, because of his ghostly and insubstantial constitution.

Ghostly I may be, but ephemeral I am not ... ... at least not in any absolute sense.

I am, I confess, a somewhat fictive component of the Troll's Head itself. At least I was so in the beginning.

During the Great Exodus of 2018 some of our forum's members sequestered themselves (or woke up to find themselves trapped) in the 'Head while the place temporarily faded out of existence as a folly within a peripheral corporate sideshow and became tenuously realized as a sort of wispy archetype in a place that had no locus whatsoever ...

TrollsHead-Void-Small.jpeg

After a long period of no time at all the Troll's Head manifested its tesseractual architecture here at the new forum, in a self-sustaining format comprised of independent fancies and supported by something akin to faith.

After this trans-dimensional odyssey I found myself more tangible than ever before, at least within these walls.

This is how I'm able to mix and serve drinks as well as tidy up around the place.

In other words, I am now somewhat manifest in your physical realm and subject to your laws of physics ...

... Up to a point ...

drambuie_still03-x-50%.jpg

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Dear patrons ...

Would that be the same Harry's Bar that invented the Bellini cocktail Lloyd? .. that's a classy place I hear .. when you get a second, can I have a Dead Baby Boy please? ..