The Troll's Head

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
David Bowie had different coloured eyes. He still had them both when he carked it though, AFAIK.

And Hop House - I tried it once but thought it tasted like it had gone off, and then someone had stirred a spoonful of bovril into it.
I'm fairly certain you can still buy it in supermarkets. It probably got taken off 'pump' sales in pubs due to a lack of popularity - they don't like to have casks of beer that don't sell well.

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Can I have a pint of Hophouse please? From some strange reason Guinness have stopped selling it but that should be no problem in here.

Nice drop. One more over here pls, Lloyd.

Lloyd

The Troll's Head's Spectral Barkeep
Reaction score
Nice drop. One more over here pls, Lloyd.

Here you go ...
index.php

Nemo

Go away, leave me alone, nobody's home
Reaction score
A large pint of "The right trouser leg of time" please Floyd and give whatever the others want aswell.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Well ... Since you chose the choice that reflects the time, and the last time I was within time was the last serving, the time recommends ...

index.php

Cochise

Reaction score
This person has just sent me a friend request on Facebook. do you think it would be safe to buy her a drink? (I have no idea who she is, but hey, maybe I'd die happy)
1641577323657.png

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
This person has just sent me a friend request on Facebook. do you think it would be safe to buy her a drink? (I have no idea who she is, but hey, maybe I'd die happy)
View attachment 50380
From time to time, I get strange friend requests on Facebook. These are mostly from attractive young ladies with very few friends, so it seems. Odd! They also seem to want me to view something called 'OnlyFans'. Dear oh dear.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
View attachment 50380
I'm reasonably sure the person in that photo has no idea she has sent you a friend request.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Seeing as it's so quiet in here at this time of year it would be an ideal time to shut for an afternoon and replace the sticky carpet that runs along the front of the main bar.

Also, I understand that due to leaving the EU, that we can now have our ale served in pewter tankards marked with a pentagram?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Seeing as it's so quiet in here at this time of year it would be an ideal time to shut for an afternoon and replace the sticky carpet that runs along the front of the main bar.

Also, I understand that due to leaving the EU, that we can now have our ale served in pewter tankards marked with a pentagram?
Pewter tankards can be engraved with anything you like.

Cochise

Reaction score
I would like to be able to put my pewter tankard back behind the bar in what is alleged to be a free country. It used to be resident in The Fountain in Welwyn Garden City.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Pewter tankards can be engraved with anything you like.
I would like to be able to put my pewter tankard back behind the bar in what is alleged to be a free country. It used to be resident in The Fountain in Welwyn Garden City.

Owing to an evening's loud discord some time back, we no longer use drinking vessels decorated with partisan or religious iconography.

If you'd like to provide your own personal drinking cup (vessel; horn; whatever) I'll gladly hang it with the others for your exclusive use.

Lloyd

Reaction score

I'm not sure what it is to which you refer, but it's not carpet ...

It's been a few years since the floor at the main bar was carpeted. We'd just installed a hip op art flooring pattern:

OpArtVortex-A.jpg

... and Mr. Rynner complained mightily that he couldn't help but take a fright whenever he looked down at it. He griped that every time he did he'd become momentarily certain he'd fall into it.

Hmmmm ... Now that I think about it, that was about the time he disappeared. :thought:

Trevp666

Reaction score
Well there's definitely something that keeps me stuck at the bar!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

It's been a few years since the floor at the main bar was carpeted. We'd just installed a hip op art flooring pattern:

... and Mr. Rynner complained mightily that he couldn't help but take a fright whenever he looked down at it. He griped that every time he did he'd become momentarily certain he'd fall into it.

Hmmmm ... Now that I think about it, that was about the time he disappeared. :thought:
So... Rynner has been stuck in the oubliette at the Troll's Head all this time?

Trevp666

Reaction score
The Fountain
Unfortunately The Fountain has been through a couple of changes in the 19 years I have lived here, mostly as "O'Niells" (dancing upstairs), and then "The Parkway Bar" with "Club 67" until 2018, followed by a short incarnation as "Misya Meze & Grill" which of course was shut down for a period due to the dreaded 'rona restrictions.
I'm not sure what it's current trading status is - I think they were using a pewter tankard for keeping their biro's in.

Cochise

Reaction score
Unfortunately The Fountain has been through a couple of changes in the 19 years I have lived here, mostly as "O'Niells" (dancing upstairs), and then "The Parkway Bar" with "Club 67" until 2018, followed by a short incarnation as "Misya Meze & Grill" which of course was shut down for a period due to the dreaded 'rona restrictions.
I'm not sure what it's current trading status is - I think they were using a pewter tankard for keeping their biro's in.
Back around 1980 it was the biker bar. My mate Brain once tried to ride a BSA in the back door. How things change.

I was also in there when I got the news that my Dad had died.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A girl I went to college with (with the unfortunate nickname 'Clitty Clare', I never found out why) also had different coloured eyes, I thought it looked really cool.
An 'unfortunate' nickname, and you never found out why?! Shame on you, Swifty... I want to know and I want to know now!

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Clitty Clare? I may have known her best friend “Lucy Lastic”

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score

You know that reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer becomes 3D...

Screenshot_20220110-214536_Samsung Internet.jpg

Perhaps Rynner is now 2D!

If we're changing the decor, I vote for mobius strip coasters. :crazy:

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Best get yourself down the shop then .. hang on, it's past 10pm .. the 24hr garage then.
A garage for a milk shake?, i prefer MacD, they are delicious and so are their veggie wraps, and i am too lazy to get in the car, im in bed reading, to comfy, not moving now. :D

Trevp666

Reaction score
A girl I went to college with (with the unfortunate nickname 'Clitty Clare', I never found out why) also had different coloured eyes, I thought it looked really cool.
I had a brief relationship once with an extraordinarily beautiful woman who had one blue eye and one green eye.
There isn't any joke here, it's just a thing that happened to me.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score