The Troll's Head

Lloyd

The Troll's Head's Spectral Barkeep
Reaction score
I think a pint of snakebite is in order, and then I'll be able to see the purple talking cows again.

One snakebite - may it rouse the cows you seek ...

Snakebite-A.jpg

Lloyd

Reaction score
That's a nice towl.
Neitszche or Cayce?

(The faintest shadow of a moue flashes across Lloyd's professional smile ... )

It's Fort, of course ...

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Lloyd, are you busy?
Are you though?

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
(The faintest shadow of a moue flashes across Lloyd's professional smile ... )

It's Fort, of course ...
CHAAAAARLES!! My biggie. Been a day of that tho.
So, what else?

Lloyd

Reaction score
Lloyd, why is it that the whole world is offended by my existence?

The 'world' is a vast expanse of inscrutable automaticity, governed solely by its own natural and supernatural laws. It is not conscious of, much less attentive to, your existence.

It "is" only in the sense you believe it to be what you make of it as the stagecraft surrounding your experience.

The reverse is not true; to the overall world you, I, and everyone else simply "ain't".

Each of us represents no more than a transient vortex or eddy of temporarily persistent self-organized turbulence embedded within its material matrix. That's it; that's all ...
index.php

Last edited:

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Yet I feel so singled out so often.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My absolute favourite single thread. For why? Even those of us interested in the strange fall into patterns of thinking. Conventional ghosts and disk UFO's can be rationalised away and no longer fire up that feeling they once did. That feeling you get when you suddenly worry that the world and all the facts you thought you knew are a self-induced illusion.

Of course some people may just laugh or ridicule. I'm glad for them. They must be very secure in their certainties - brave in beings who never perceive the real world as it actually is at all. (Our conscious mind is always a fraction of a second behind what is actually out there - gives the unconscious enough time to filter out all sorts).

I think a pint of snakebite is in order, and then I'll be able to see the purple talking cows again.
When are you calling in to North Shropshire for a brew Cochise? I say 'brew', I have given up the coffee and we don't use milk. And we have no sugar- but a black tea with no sugar awaits and we do have plenty of chlorine tap water!

Lloyd

Reaction score
I mean I try to do my duty as a citizen, yet every bit of energy fails to promote my status as a good guy.
Consider the things you cited: duty, promotion, and being good. These are human concerns - invented, alleged, enforced, and believable only in the realm of human social interactions.

These are ephemeral overlays we project onto ourselves, not aspects of the 'world' per se. They are exercises in fictive quandaries, not quantum physics. They are play; they are part of a mere game.

The universe may be ludicrous, but it is not intrinsically ludic. As such, there is no scoring, much less victory, except that which we invent and with which we anoint ourselves.
index.php

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Yeah, s'pretty much what I told ém.

Thanks, Lloyd.

Another bit of existential relief, at your leisure, of course.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Why does the world hate me?
Here's the good news - the world doesn't hate you or anyone else.

The universe does what it does without recognition of, much less regard for, anything to do with any one of us or all of us combined.

If you insist upon attributing conscious attitude to the world, you can do no better than to embrace Finagle's First Law:

The perversity of the universe tends toward the maximum

... and leave it at that.
index.php

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Cool. I just wish They would.

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
I'm still bummed out, Lloyd.
Gimme a VCR. I know it's low class but my energies are flagging.

We shall forego the Jaeger bombs until my compadres arrive.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Yet I feel so singled out so often.
Distinguishing yourself as singular is the most sublime expression of your essential individuality.

Becoming comfortable with yourself - your single self - is the key to contentment.

Painting yourself as "singled out" by someone / something else is a paranoid delusion.

Only the first two items above can bring you peace.
index.php

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
When are you calling in to North Shropshire for a brew Cochise? I say 'brew', I have given up the coffee and we don't use milk. And we have no sugar- but a black tea with no sugar awaits and we do have plenty of chlorine tap water!
I've only been down that way once since the start of the first lockdown. I had a job in Telford last year which I thought might restart my business but alas it was a false dawn, so I'm not sure when I'll be that way again. If I'm likely to be I'll PM you.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Gimme a VCR. I know it's low class but my energies are flagging.

There are multiple drinks called VCR ...

Do you mean one of the VCRs made with rum and vanilla cola, or one of the VCRs made with vodka, some other ingredient(s), and Red Bull?

Or do you want me to bring you a portable videotape player loaded with The Wizard of Oz?

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Sounds great.
Come round here for a nice hot cup of coffee, without sugar, or milk....or coffee.
Or as Eddie Hitler put it in the 'Bottom' episode "Gas"...."a nice steaming cold cup of tea, cos we haven't got any gas...." (oh words to that effect)
Or when Laurel and Hardy go for Ice Cream "I'll have it without the chocolate"

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Lloyd, why is it that the whole world is offended by my existence? I mean I try to do my duty as a citizen, yet every bit of energy fails to promote my status as a good guy. Why does the world hate me?
I don't think we do.
Relaaaaaaaxxxx.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I've just had a bit of a bump in the car park sorry all. One for you for the end of your shift please Lloyd and whatever Mytho and Skinny are having please chap ..

acarbump.png

Attachments

• acash001.jpg
    acash001.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Bombay Sapphire n tonic, ta very much, Swifty.
Brrr bit chilly in here - visitors from the other side? I'll stay on the ... spirits.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Here you go ...
BombaySapphire&Tonic-2.jpg
I'll leave the bottle in case you wish to calibrate the mixture ...

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
You're a sage, Lloyd. Love yer work.

Ahh that is fresh lemon. Luvly.
Magic Jukebox... could you....

Ah, yes... of course, it's already in hand.

Just that the subject of lemons, popping up in our 'drop-in clinic', for instant remedial Forteana solace....

If you have followed the online development of this little lady and her astronomical, palpably unfathomable, mastery of the guitar, since she was six-years old, this is seemingly the latest from Miimiu (Beijing, China):

Not quite sure if it qualifies as 'Fortean music'... only that it is anomalous... off the scale brilliant and some might surmise, 'there's an old soul in there'.

Woodstock... methinks...

Anyway, seriously thought you might enjoy with a gin and lemon...

One on the rocks for myself as well please.