• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Typhonian Trilogy

drjbrennan

Ephemeral Spectre
Just to start this off, did anyone understand these books by Kenneth Grant.

Nightside of Eden, Tunnels of Tempioth, Micheal Bertiaux etc. I tried really hard but just didn't get it. Did I miss something or was it a bit like the Crowley Thelemic 93 current when they turn round and say " It was all just a joke " or a metaphor like the human sacrifice bit actually meant human sperm, somebody must know?

Bit like 'Ulysses' - I really f***ing tried, cos I knew they were supposed to be really deep and important, but it was just this big pile of words, my eyes just kept sliding off the page!

I don't consider myself ignorant about the occult, or to have trouble with big words and long sentences, but Kenneth Grant's stuff is completely impenetrable to me.

What's infuriating is that I bet all those super-cool magickians who used to go on about having read the books in such a smug fashion didn't understand them either!

wintermute said:
What's infuriating is that I bet all those super-cool magickians who used to go on about having read the books in such a smug fashion didn't understand them either!

Bit like being prepared to stand up and say the 'Emperor is naked!', which, in its own small way is initiatory in itself :)

Just my opinion

H 8¬)

Somedays its just not worth gnawing through the leather straps...

The first book in the second trilogy by Mr Grant gives the game away as he explains his actions as a sailing on the collective unconscious via his own system. Whereas he was a student of Crowley he also did his own research for many years. I am away from my books and can't access the exact quote. It is no suprise that his pages and pages of numerology can leave many, including me cold.

I felt that his voodoo stuff via Michael Bertiaux stank

However, to be fair he was one of the few magicians to undertake original research and share it with the public. To my mind he is the logical inheritor of Crowley's mantle.

Peace

Back