• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The UFO Community Still Believes—And Science Is Starting To Listen

I have always wondered why some UFOs have lights on the outside of the craft.
Keel's theory was because the lights were intended to draw attention to their antics while other things were going on more clandestinely (The Mothman Prophecies).

Keel's theory was because the lights were intended to draw attention to their antics while other things were going on more clandestinely (The Mothman Prophecies).
Yeah I always have to wonder. "What do I NOT know?" It's like with stage magic. If you pay attention to what they want you to see you won't notice the important parts.

It is not just Nick Pope that demonstrates the poor response of the UK military to UFO reports. The Condign Report was bullshit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Condign
David Clarke believes that this is because the Condign Report was the work of a very small number of people in the MOD with their own private theories and preconceptions.
Pope says as much, in fact that it was the brainchild of one particular (unnamed) individual. However, I do think that the basic idea, of plasmas which behave in an almost intelligent way, could explain quite a few sightings. One of the declassified MoD files discussed by Redfern concerned sightings of balls of light heading towards Stonehenge then flying straight upwards. Others (also made by soldiers) had people approaching the plasmas, becoming entranced, then afterwards reporting bizarre encounters. A similar case involving a civilian was reported at Avebury.

the basic idea, of plasmas which behave in an almost intelligent way, could explain quite a few sightings

Long time ago I read a (Czech?, US?) SF story that postulated that the sun, being a huge ball of plasma, is conscious. Stars are conscious. The protagonists shorts out a nuclear reactor (or so) to create a sufficiently big ball of plasma, that then indeed behaves like a living, but not conscious, entity.

Long time ago I read a (Czech?, US?) SF story that postulated that the sun, being a huge ball of plasma, is conscious. Stars are conscious. The protagonists shorts out a nuclear reactor (or so) to create a sufficiently big ball of plasma, that then indeed behaves like a living, but not conscious, entity.
I think it was Andromeda? In it all stars have personalities and can talk to people.

I'm halfway through a 4 part documentary on Paramount Plus called 'UFO' produced by JJ Abrams which so far, is not too bad at all.

The blurb reads:

''Why do we believe what we believe? And what is the truth beyond this decades-long mystery?

From Executive Producer J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot (Lost, Star Wars) and Glen Zipper comes UFO, a four-part docu-series exploring our fascination with unidentified flying objects and the truth behind the existence of extra-terrestrial life.

Ignited by a bombshell New York Times article which revealed that the Pentagon had been secretly tracking UFOs for years, UFO sets out to expose the covert influence the U.S government, lucrative private companies, and the military, may have in shielding the truth.

Through investigations into alien encounters, including shocking testimony from eyewitnesses, UFO is sure to pique your curiosity on the subject. ''

The promo video is below. Some good stuff so far on the Phoenix Lights, Skinwalker Ranch and the recent U.S Navy Tic Tac footage & interviews with those involved:

I am going to sound weird and egotistical.

I feel sorry for the world because I know we are not alone.

But I do not know where UFOs come from.

I do not know why in my younger years I came across UFOs which seems to be something really rare.

I am going to sound weird and egotistical.

I feel sorry for the world because I know we are not alone.

But I do not know where UFOs come from.

I do not know why in my younger years I came across UFOs which seems to be something really rare.
There's no doubt that UFOs do exist. But what exactly they are, and where they originate -- those are the questions!

True, they are unidentifiable, but I know that nothing on earth that I know of can compare to what I have seen.

There's no doubt that UFOs do exist. But what exactly they are, and where they originate -- those are the questions!
You remind of something I recently came across, whilst browsing our formative archives:

Screenshot_20210910-234819.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-235507.jpg

There is plenty of variety in finding explanations for UAPs.
Ifology includes parhelia spotting and atmospheric optics, meteor observation, planetary and stellar astronomy, aurora observation, weather phenomena including electrical discharges; man-made phenomena include manned and unmanned balloons and lanters, drones, manned aircraft and rocketry. There are also ground-based lights such as distant motor cars, lighthouses and other beacons, and mobile lights such as poachers's lamps.

Perhaps there are some currently unknown phenomena too - like earthquake lights, for instance. A recent video of earthquake-associated lights at night included numerous flashes caused by elecrical transformers exploding in the distance, but there may be a true geological explanation for this phenomenon.

Ifology includes parhelia spotting and atmospheric optics, meteor observation, planetary and stellar astronomy, aurora observation, weather phenomena including electrical discharges; man-made phenomena include manned and unmanned balloons and lanters, drones, manned aircraft and rocketry. There are also ground-based lights such as distant motor cars, lighthouses and other beacons, and mobile lights such as poachers's lamps.

Perhaps there are some currently unknown phenomena too - like earthquake lights, for instance. A recent video of earthquake-associated lights at night included numerous flashes caused by elecrical transformers exploding in the distance, but there may be a true geological explanation for this phenomenon.
When I used to go to the Glastonbury festival regularly, before the tickets became almost unobtainable to your average Joe, at night and in the early mist filled morning I would often notice weird lights in the sky to the rear of the site, it was only in the morning when the mist cleared that I would remember the farm is situated in a hollow and the road is a lot higher behind the site.

The Earthlights idea could explain a lot, and if the British Army observations of balls of light entering Stonehenge and entrancing soldiers are accurate, it could account for some landing and occupant cases (which are, of course, the most interesting). It would also tie in with Lagarde's study showing that UFO landings in France were correlated with fault lines [FSR, 14(4), 1968]. I played around with Lagarde's data and found that occupant reports were even more closely associated with proximity to faults. On the other hand, when multiple witnesses share the same experience, that's harder to explain. I think the MoD were wrong to claim that all sightings could be explained in this way, though.

Back