• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The UFO Community Still Believes—And Science Is Starting To Listen

very old CGI hoax, even tom delongue got fooled by it one time
Much appreciated.

Whilst always seemingly, 'too good to be true' and apparently unattributed, can't actually find online where it was exposed as a hoax and background explanation.

Any further insight?

why what? well its a pretty obvious CGI video and finding who made it is impossible now
Whilst not suggesting the footage is genuine, could you please point out the evidence otherwise, or is that simply your opinion?

It's a challenge - I'm aware of more than one UFO video being highlighted as evidence, which is indeed CGI.

Much appreciated feedback!

It's a video which divides opinion - calling it CGI is easy, but few such people are capable of articulating why that's so.

What puzzles me is why, 10 years ago, someone would go to such huge lengths to create it.

If it was a well funded organization (as opposed to a creative talent with lots of free time), they must have known that more and more sightings of triangles would erode their efforts.

Whilst not suggesting the footage is genuine, could you please point out the evidence otherwise, or is that simply your opinion?

It's a challenge - I'm aware of more than one UFO video being highlighted as evidence, which is indeed CGI.

Much appreciated feedback!
the zoom and blur effect is a classic of CGI videos, because its easy to do and brings some realism, even if zoom and focus doesn't looks like that in reality, also there is the fact it happened above a city and nobody else saw it
It's a video which divides opinion - calling it CGI is easy, but few such people are capable of articulating why that's so.

What puzzles me is why, 10 years ago, someone would go to such huge lengths to create it.

If it was a well funded organization (as opposed to a creative talent with lots of free time), they must have known that more and more sightings of triangles would erode their efforts.
my guess is that it was some bored guy with a lot of time, it isn't that hard to do too

i am actually impressed by the number of people that don't think this is a crude hoax right away....

Triangles exist and have been seen multiple times - so the rationale for creating an expensive (or time consuming) version of one defeats me.

I guess it could be to draw attention to them even more - but why would a military organisation do that? Alternatively it could be an attempt to discredit them, but then the video would be more obviously fake - surely?

If a spacecraft accellerates with one million Newtons of thrust, and uses a spacedrive that is 99.99% efficient, that leaves 100 joules of energy to get rid of per kilogram of mass every second. A thousand tonne spacecraft would be emitting 100,000 kilowatts of power. Yes, a spacecraft almost certainly needs radiators of some sort.

The triangles in the Belgian flap were hoaxes, so you can forget about them. I don't think anyone has ever seen a real triangle, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

I recall a case or two some years ago about a very large black silent triangle that was seen in different locales flying slowly over several mid western states in the US...maybe Illinois...? It was seen by multiple police officers on patrol as well as some motorists.

If a spacecraft accellerates with one million Newtons of thrust, and uses a spacedrive that is 99.99% efficient, that leaves 100 joules of energy to get rid of per kilogram of mass every second. A thousand tonne spacecraft would be emitting 100,000 kilowatts of power. Yes, a spacecraft almost certainly needs radiators of some sort.
we are talking about UFOs here and its a know fact UFOs don't behave or look like real spaceships,as can be seen in this link: http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/basicdesign.php
thats why they are probally something weirder and much less ordinary

I recall a case or two some years ago about a very large black silent triangle that was seen in different locales flying slowly over several mid western states in the US...maybe Illinois...? It was seen by multiple police officers on patrol as well as some motorists.
2000 illinois BT UFO wave

And this why we still have an enigma...

Here's a photo taken by one of the police in the Southern Illinois Black Triangle event of 2000.
As evidence this is slightly less than convincing. The curious 'S' shapes are almost certainly caused by camera shake.

StevensOrigScan.jpg

Here's a photo taken by one of the police in the Southern Illinois Black Triangle event of 2000.
As evidence this is slightly less than convincing. The curious 'S' shapes are almost certainly caused by camera shake.

StevensOrigScan.jpg
well, not sure what you expected, its not that bad either

I'd like to see something that can't be explained by chinese lanterns or planes flying in formation.

I'd like to see something that can't be explained by chinese lanterns or planes flying in formation.

Yes - it's quite an experience - and shatters the CGI, Chinese lanterns or planes in formation nonsense in an instant.

Yes - it's quite an experience - and shatters the CGI, Chinese lanterns or planes in formation nonsense in an instant.
I think a fair number of UFOs are ball lightning events. Friends in various departments of meteorology have pointed out how frequent these are in the upper atmosphere. On the other hand, I strongly doubt that the close encounter alien meeting events are ball lightning.

I think a fair number of UFOs are ball lightning events. Friends in various departments of meteorology have pointed out how frequent these are in the upper atmosphere. On the other hand, I strongly doubt that the close encounter alien meeting events are ball lightning.

Here we go again ...

Well, it seems entirely likely that no human has ever met with an extraterrestrial being of any kind. None of the accounts are convincing or have any evidence at all to back them up.

Back