• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Un-Uncon thread

Spooky angel said:
I didn't just phone into a meet. Ppl met me, live, in person! :eek:
And they lived to tell the tale. ;) Hehe
So all your posts about being too scared to meet people you know online - was that before or after?
ibid
I usually come online around 2 or 3ish on a Sunday afternoon BST.

So, about 11pm to midnight, AEST. I have a job you know. (Worse yet, I already know I'll have to be in early the Monday after UnCon, or during UnCon given the time difference. So, unless you're still going 6 or 7 hours later, I may miss out. Again.)
bid
Regards the pics, I don't think anyone would want their pic posted here, or linked to here. I know I wouldn't. If we have pics, then maybe someone could host them temporarily, and then send links to the trusted ppl. :)

True, probably wouldn't want them to be up for too long. We don't have to say who is whom, though. We could make it a competition: Spot the FTMB Poster. Link someone's online personality with their picture. Just a thought.
ibid
We could always take webcam pics of our Sunday night Un uncon!

Ok, maybe not...

Depends. What are you planning on wearing? Please send me full details, including socks. I need to know for ahh, err, Research Purposes. Thank you.

anome said:
Depends. What are you planning on wearing? Please send me full details, including socks. I need to know for ahh, err, Research Purposes. Thank you.
Something from her extensive pyjama collection no doubt :D

I plan to send pictures to non axe-murderers through email or something, if I can work out how to scan them, and with the permission of all those in the photos. :)

beakboo said:
Something from her extensive pyjama collection no doubt :D

I plan to send pictures to non axe-murderers through email or something, if I can work out how to scan them, and with the permission of all those in the photos. :)

Thats quite a tricky one Beakboo, you see I could probably talk you through exactly how to scan and save for email (even point you at the corrct printed info) but, I am in fact an axe-murderer, are you sure that isn't negotiable?

I can't believe that Swan, you have such a lovely face. :rolleyes:

beakboo said:
I can't believe that Swan, you have such a lovely face. :rolleyes:

Seriously, PM me if you need any help
Bugger I've said something useful, I hope nobody noticed

I'll see you in a week or so.

Sorry that didn't mean to sound menacing. :)

Spooky angel said:
I didn't just phone into a meet. Ppl met me, live, in person! :eek:
And they lived to tell the tale. ;) Hehe

I can vouch for that ;)
For those who are curious Miss Angel looks exactly like her old avitar.

beakboo said:
I'll see you in a week or so.

Sorry that didn't mean to sound menacing. :)

Umm Beak, I am a self confessed temptation demon and axe-murderer, who looks like a killer clown, whereas you are a small green parrot...

:D

Our Beakboo may be a small green parrot, but she is a small green parrot with a very sharp beak.

Spoken like an incubus who never had to trim the claws on a cockateil. :hmph: :eek!!!!:

Caroline said:
Our Beakboo may be a small green parrot, but she is a small green parrot with a very sharp beak.

As long as shes not a spider, thats fine

Swan said:
As long as shes not a spider, thats fine
Thanks, Swan.
I now know what protective armour to bring against killer incubus clowns!;)

Lord_Flashheart said:
I can vouch for that ;)
For those who are curious Miss Angel looks exactly like her old avitar.
Similarly, two of you don't constitute a meet.

I knew she looked like that. How could she look like anything else?

Why can't 2 ppl be classed as a "meet"?
Anyway, the other meet was with some very close female friends from online (not here), and it was a couple years back. :)
I don't know if I look like that av, but one person says I do, and since he's the only one here to have met me, I guess I'll have to believe it. lol
And Beak, how did you know about my pj collection? Hehe.

Spooky, you said on another thread about having enough PJs to fill a wardrobe on their own.

anome said:
Similarly, two of you don't constitute a meet.

peh, there were 3 people there (one not of this mb) for some of the day.
under those rules though that meens theres 2 meets I haven't been on at least...

In order to find if what you are on constitutes a meet it is important to use the C.M.I. (critical meet index) figure :

CMI= NoP X LP(^LPe)
NoMMB(^2)

where: NoP= number of people at meet
LP= number of people within a 10 kilometre radius of the initial meeting place at the time the first 2 people have arrived.
LPe= as LP but for 3.31pm and 5 seconds on the 20th of july 1862 AD but within a distanse of 8 miles of the meet as km wasn't aroud then and mesurement were weird and arcane and made no sense at that time.
NoMMb= number of members on the mesage board.

If the C.M.I. figure obtained is greater than or equal to 1.87293 (Miccallii's honistly significant cut off point) then this constitutes a meet.

I hope this solves any arguments we may have about what constitutes a meet.

Caroline said:
Spooky, you said on another thread about having enough PJs to fill a wardrobe on their own.
I did? Oh. I really should keep track of what I say on here! :rolleyes:
Lobelia, join us on IRC for the Sunday night "un uncon" chat. :D
Anome, how about if I go into IRC at 11am?

Spooky, if you start keeping track of everything you say on here, it's just going to mean the rest of us will have to. I don't think I can handle that sort of pressure.

11am your time translates to 8pm my time, so that would be better for me. Don't force yourself to change the time just for me, though. Now I'm worried that I won't be able to think of anything to say.

Anyway, my irc client has decided to stop working just at the moment. I'll need to get that sorted by next weekend.

anome said:
Now I'm worried that I won't be able to think of anything to say.

You really don't know me, do you? lol I could chat the hind legs off a donkey, proverbially speaking that is. :D

Re: Re: The Un-Uncon thread

beakboo said:
Yes...like you'd be going to UnCon if it wasn't for the wedding. :p I may send you photos.

You'd damn well better, young lady!! :p

Carole

My hub's home that weekend, so I'll, erm, have other things to attend to . . .:p

Carole

I don't have irc, so will have to make do with the Board.

I got onto IRC this morning. According to Colin, I'd just missed Spooky and TVGeek. So at least I now know that I can connect to the #fortean channel.

I may have to go and register my IRC client so it doesn't quit after half an hour.

Caroline, you could always download IRC. If I can do it, anyone can! lol :)
Remember, you have all week to sort it out. :)

I only have a limited amount of space left on my hard drive. Every program on there has to be useful and while I had IRC for a short time I didn't use it very often (around 5 times in around a month), I think I'll stick to the board, you IRCers can have #fortean to yourselves.

Awww. :(
Well, if you still want to talk, I have IM systems. I hate someone to be left out.

I'm trying to remember if there's a web client for ICQ. (Someone else asked me about it, and I couldn't remember, so I told them to look it up. Still don't know.)

If so, that could allow you to be involved in chat without downloading software.

Then again, so does the message board.

I expect there'll be some overlap between IRC and here, anyway. Some of the people on IRC will presumably be posting here at the same time. (While vaccuuming the floor, doing the dishes, and designing a new housing development.)

I don't know what I mean either. Sorry.

Back