• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Un-Uncon thread

Spooky angel said:
Caroline, you could always download IRC. If I can do it, anyone can! lol :)

Ahem, anyone but me that is!:) I've tried and tried, followed the detailed directions, and have just had to accept the fact that I am a computer (among other things) moron.

So I'll be using the board for my unUnCon thoughts as well. while maintining the hope/fantasy that some year there might be an UnCon in Chicago or even NYC, logistics and costs to FT be damned:D

I shall buy free drinks for all of you who attand UNCON and pay to bike in Pizzas and lashings of lemonade and ice cream for all

oops, silly me

wrong thread

can we have lashings of ginger beer and sticky buns instead
and go on adventures

Ethelred::sad: :tongue:

Spooky: I don't want IRC. I don't want to do it via ICQ or IM or anything else, we have a perfectly good MB here. So why not use it?

ethelred said:
I shall buy free drinks for all of you who attand UNCON and pay to bike in Pizzas and lashings of lemonade and ice cream for all

oops, silly me

wrong thread

Don't worry Ethel dear, we're all reading this thread as well so we saw it. We won't embarrass you by refusing your hospitality. :blah:

ooooh, did somebody mention Pizza???? Something hot and meaty please...

*waits for inevitable jokes to roll in*

Blueswidow said:
ooooh, did somebody mention Pizza???? Something hot and meaty please...

a hedgehog?

or perhaps the Hot And Meaty Jesus Line Dancers that Beaks has kindly given me below?

ethelred said:
or perhaps the Hot And Meaty Jesus Line Dancers that Beaks has kindly given me below?
Is that from the Jesus of the Week link? :p

(Extra aubergine on mine please)

ethelred said:
Oh yeah? Well, anyone who stops by my place on the weekend will not only be treated to an open bar, but also I will take them out to a five-star restaraunt for a sumptious three course meal before moving on to a private function featuring the finest live bands in the region, including a special appearance by The Violent Femmes, who are touring at the moment.

After the concert, you will be rushed to your own suite at one of Canberra's finest hotels for the night. Then on Sunday morning, it's off to breakfast in a balloon floating over the city, followed by a visit to a local health spa for a relaxing massage and your choice of the other services.

So, you could go to UnCon, and take Ethelred up on his offer, or you could come to Canberra, and be treated to an all expenses paid retreat. Your call. PM me if you're interested.

Let's see. There's no chance any of them will turn up, is there? They're all in Europe or America, aren't they?

Flights are very cheap at the moment and Interpol aren't looking for me this month...see you in Canberra sweetie:kiss:

Looking forward to it. As you responded within the first hour, you are entitled to the ahem Special, Intimate service.

I am required, however, to advise you that delays in processing for entry to Australia may occur. Nothing to worry about, just a minor inconvenience relating to the SARS problem at the moment.

Caroline said:
Spooky: I don't want IRC. I don't want to do it via ICQ or IM or anything else, we have a perfectly good MB here. So why not use it?

Oh dear. I'll shut up then. Sorry. :(

Sorry if I seemed critical, but not everyone has access to those other methods of contact. Some people use internet cafes or library machines, others have parents/partners who are loathe to have such impermanent means of communicating available. Yes, I myself would rather do this over the MB but I'm also trying to think of other people as well.:(

I'm going to be babysitting Sunday night now, so I won't be in IRC much. I'll still try and get on around 11amish my time, Anome if you want to talk to someone at that time. I may come on late too after my nephew has gone.
A friend has asked me to phone them at Uncon on Saturday night, but I don't know if I'll have time or the nerve to talk to all the ppl he may pass me over to.
I'm such a wuss. :(

I'm sure you'd have the nerve to talk to Beakboo. Who is this friend then? :confused:

Not hard to figure out I wouldn't have thought. He's the only one I'd trust with my number. :eek: lol (Clue haha)
Not sure it would look very polite to disappear in the middle of the evening and say "I have to phone a friend now, and then talk to lots of ppl I've never met over the phone". lol

Spooky angel said:
Not sure it would look very polite to disappear in the middle of the evening and say "I have to phone a friend now, and then talk to lots of ppl I've never met over the phone". lol
No, not if you're with people. :p

But you could pretend it's a business conference call!

Which is only a little bit of a lie!

You don't get many business conference calls when you're a teacher. lol :D
I may chicken out and send a text message instead. :eek:

My father has been on quite a few business conference calls.

Admittedly, he's not so much a teacher these days, more of an educational administrator. That's if he's still got a job. (Long story, doesn't belong here.)

I'll probably be on about that time tomorrow night (Sunday), if I don't show up on IRC, give me a gentle reminder. (Or yell and scream at me to get my attention. Whatever works.)

Yay. I got to talk to Pinkle, Chanubi and Anome in IRC today. :D

Must...resost...temptation...to deny...being there.

Yeah, I already posted about it. It was my first venture into IRC since I was running it from a shell account on the pyramid at the University. Can't get used to all these new-fangled bits and pieces.

But it did have some cool sounds. Not that I heard any of them. Don't know what they're for, really.

I was wondering...:) a lot of 'FT-forum' peeps met up at the Scarsdale on Saturday, but where did u guys happen to go on Sunday? - Surely u didn't invade the same premises twice did u? -

I imagined as some had such a distance to travel, not many would be down the pub for that long, if at all, after the Sunday seminars?

Come on spill the beans, either here or on the other thread, Unconvention 2003: The Aftermath - http://www.forteantimes.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8734!

TG

I heard your text message read out Spooky!! - We smiled in response - nice message ! ! :)

Hey Lutzman!

Yesterday evening, whilst I was in a pub with some friends, I saw a guy who looked like your double, sat on his own (even the same colour clothes as you were wearing on Saturday!) but I wasn't gonna go up and ask if he was you coz:

a) I thought it odd you weren;t sat with all the other FT'ers if it was you?

b) I thought you'd recognise me (if that were you, and show a reaction)

c) I think he'd think I was swearing at him, having a random stranger coming up to him and shouting "LUTZMAN !!"

d) The guy had no coat or bag of any kind? so he seemed local to the pub (I figured you'd be bundled up with FT mags, goodies or at least a camera case.) None of which this other guy had.

So, all in all I'm glad I kept my mouth shut !

So where are you pictures of UNCON peeps? I can't wait to see them.

TG

Lutzman is free to show any pictures he wants containing me, there's just one i don't want 'published' and he knows the one I mean..............(there, that should get a few minds working overtime;) )

thermal garbage said:
I heard your text message read out Spooky!! - We smiled in response - nice message ! ! :)

Oh dear, what did I say? lol I didn't know it was going to be publically broadcast! :eek:

Yous are all a bunch of bastards!

I'm not anoid i didn't get to go at all. No, not in the slightest.)

But this is the Un Uncon thread!!!
This translates to "ppl who didn't go". :p
For some reason, those who went hijacked it for a minute there, but normal service will resume soon. ;)

Back