• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Unbearable Strangeness Of Edmonds

How do YOU address a poll?

• Read, then vote

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Vote, then read

• Noel Edmunds is my dad

• Total voters
Kind of surprised by how well Edmonds was pulling off the Presley look back in 1970:

ElvisEdmonds.jpg

He's 70, now. I dread to think what that portrait in his attic looks like. Speaking of portraits, these two pics are snaffled from quite a sympathetic interview with him in t'Grauniad.

70yoEdmonds.jpg

In this picture, I'm not sure if he looks like God, gazing out at His universe in pride, or a stage magician pausing dramatically before correctly guessing which card the "volunteer from the audience" randomly picked.

If God is anything like Noel Edmonds, you can't blame Lucifer and the others for getting the hell out of Heaven...

If Edmonds is God then Lucifer is The Banker.

They pretend to be mortal enemies fighting over humanity's destiny but in reality they're affable colleagues who go golfing together and enjoy a good laugh at the foibles of us mere mortals.

If Edmonds is God then Lucifer is The Banker.

They pretend to be mortal enemies fighting over humanity's destiny but in reality they're affable colleagues who go golfing together and enjoy a good laugh at the foibles of us mere mortals.

This is a theme that comes up a lot in religiously subversive* fiction. As in, I think it's Bedazzled, where Jesus/God and the Devil are briefly seen playing chess at the end.
(I can't remember which fillum that is - could have chosen from many - but that scene really stayed with me!)

*If anything that even approaches acceptance of religion as fact can be called subversive, of course.

This is a theme that comes up a lot in religiously subversive* fiction. As in, I think it's Bedazzled, where Jesus/God and the Devil are briefly seen playing chess at the end.
(I can't remember which fillum that is - could have chosen from many - but that scene really stayed with me!)

*If anything that even approaches acceptance of religion as fact can be called subversive, of course.

In my naive viewpoint, isn't the idea of opposing ends of God and Satan basically euclidean, just at extremes to each other? And if that IS the case, then wouldn't God be at one end, and us Humans be at the other...therefore relegating the idea of Satan/Lucifer, whatever, to Jewish mythology?

In my naive viewpoint, isn't the idea of opposing ends of God and Satan basically euclidean, just at extremes to each other? And if that IS the case, then wouldn't God be at one end, and us Humans be at the other...therefore relegating the idea of Satan/Lucifer, whatever, to Jewish mythology?
:cowboy::sbump::tumble:

Yea, remember, 'Swap Shop' for sure!

Just wondered, as you do here, anything notable and maybe long forgotten in the archives?

Soo... related search on YouTube under, 'rare' and/or 'early'...

Did not expect this...

Enjoy...

He's back!
'You're the enemy': Noel Edmonds' cycleway rant and a meeting of conspiracy theorists
Tony Wall and Amy Ridout
05:00, Oct 29 2023
British TV personality Noel Edmonds on his move to Ngātīmoti
Play Video
BRADEN FASTIER / STUFF
British television personality Noel Edmonds has bought $30m of property in Ngātīmoti and residents are divided over whether it's a good thing.
In part two of their investigation into TV celebrity Noel Edmonds’ buy-up of property in a small South Island village, Tony Wall and Amy Ridout explore why he told a cycleway promoter she was “the enemy”.

Part Two: Cycleways and conspiracy theories.

On a Tuesday in August, cycle trail manager Belinda Crisp and a contractor arrived at River Haven estate in Ngātīmoti, a quaint village in the Motueka River Valley.

They were there to meet the owner, Noel Edmonds, of TV’s Noel’s House Party and Mr Blobby fame.

Stuff revealed yesterday how Edmonds, through a trust, has bought up $30m of property in the area and divided local opinion on his activities.

Even before Edmonds, 74, moved to Ngātīmoti last year, the Nelson Tasman Cycle Trail Trust had approval from the Tasman District Council and the Government to build a cycle trail along a section of Motueka Valley Highway, part of the region’s Great Taste Trail.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/30...mwxLdVgOof54xtc8IjSqhF2FWXNRsoOA3vOUm6CgH2Qv4

The first part of the story about how well he's fitting in in his new home
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/30...rtPos=0&cx_experienceId=EXE6G6ISTGR0#cxrecs_s

Last edited:
I think King Cnut has had a pretty bad deal. I mean being known for a single misinterpreted phrase, like Queen Marie Antoinette.

Back