The 'Unemployed Again' Thread

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
One of our business owners, in so many words, has spoken to me at work tonight to try and 'encourage' me to work under Nigel. Nope ... and I've told him why. I refuse to work under people who use bullying tactics full stop .. you wouldn't be working under him ... but

no ............................

I can't remember the last time I used the word no so often with added but composed flourish.

Last edited:

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
One of our business owners, in so many words, has spoken to me at work tonight to try and 'encourage' me to work under Nigel. Nope ... and I've told him why. I refuse to work under people who use bullying tactics full stop .. you wouldn't be working under him ... but

no ............................

I can't remember the last time I used the word no so often with added but composed flourish.

Swifty

I know the tune and get the joke but I'm too pissed off at the moment to listen to it mate X .. I've just done 27 this morning, more than 15 and I'm supposed to have a co worker. I did have a co worker this morning but one of the owners stole him off me to do something else instead. Nigel had the sense to not try to talk to me.

Swifty

Done 27 what ? And good for you for saying no
Everything involved coordinating 27 guests at a Georgian hotel as well as more staff than I had time to count as well as supervising the kitchen down to doing some washing up to help the pot wash and closing down the kitchen properly .. the end of season caravan .. removing un sold stock so it can be stock rotated correctly. Organising the season diary nobody asked me to write to develop the experimental caravan for next year I was put in charge of that the owners now want to read .. taking out the rubbish and recycling .. doing 'your Mum ..' jokes with a 17 year old waiter .. not feeding the works cat who just died .. ignoring Nigel .. all sorts of crap.

Swifty

Ah, thank you, bless it
I organised a respectful final night for her with instructions for my night porter who's a cat lover .. as per instructions, she was put on a towel in case she had an accident, put in front of the fire place with a bowl of water and a bowl of food I knew she probably wouldn't try to have ... and most importantly, to check on her every 15 minutes and stroke her head .. and to keep the door of the room shut so our customers didn't walk in to a dead cat in the following morning. The joys of management. She had a gentle end.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
I know the tune and get the joke but I'm too pissed off at the moment to listen to it mate X .. I've just done 27 this morning, more than 15 and I'm supposed to have a co worker. I did have a co worker this morning but one of the owners stole him off me to do something else instead. Nigel had the sense to not try to talk to me.
Sorry mate...

In my experience, there are two kinds of workers. There are those that turn up with pay day solely in mind, and there are those that invest themselves IN their work.

The trouble is the former expect to be carried, with the latter usually expected to do it

It's obvious what Nigel is.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
They know Swifty is a hard worker and so they try to use that, they know he wont do a job half arsed, they are users, and should be ashamed of themselves, work would get done a lot faster if they used a little thing called teamwork, Swifty will lose his temper soon, and boy will they know about it. We are here for you Swifty dont forget that XXXXX

Ogdred Weary

Fhtagntastic.
I organised a respectful final night for her with instructions for my night porter who's a cat lover .. as per instructions, she was put on a towel in case she had an accident, put in front of the fire place with a bowl of water and a bowl of food I knew she probably wouldn't try to have ... and most importantly, to check on her every 15 minutes and stroke her head .. and to keep the door of the room shut so our customers didn't walk in to a dead cat in the following morning. The joys of management. She had a gentle end.
I'd have swiftly dispatched her with a shovel, just like I did with my dear old Gran.

Swifty

I've still not had the sack yet :party: ..

.. problem is, my boss tonight is an ex party animal who decided f**k it!, I'm going to share some nitrous oxide canisters around ..

.. so a handful of us were loading up balloons ... 'nos' gives you a low voice so we were loading up balloons and singing along to Alexa with Barry White type tunes. I wasn't daft enough to let anyone film me on their phone. After he went home, a waiter decided to keep raving and ended up grooving outside the window I was working in front of. I'm supposed to sack him but we've all been over worked recently so it was just one of those moments.

I managed to calm things down, If my boss complains tomorrow I'll remind him it's his own fault although I doubt he will to be honest. All the work was completed correctly.

Swifty

They know Swifty is a hard worker and so they try to use that, they know he wont do a job half arsed, they are users, and should be ashamed of themselves, work would get done a lot faster if they used a little thing called teamwork, Swifty will lose his temper soon, and boy will they know about it. We are here for you Swifty dont forget that XXXXX
Thanks Sis XXXX ... have a tune

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I've still not had the sack yet :party: ..

.. problem is, my boss tonight is an ex party animal who decided f**k it!, I'm going to share some nitrous oxide canisters around ..

.. so a handful of us were loading up balloons ... 'nos' gives you a low voice so we were loading up balloons and singing along to Alexa with Barry White type tunes. I wasn't daft enough to let anyone film me on their phone. After he went home, a waiter decided to keep raving and ended up grooving outside the window I was working in front of. I'm supposed to sack him but we've all been over worked recently so it was just one of those moments.

I managed to calm things down, If my boss complains tomorrow I'll remind him it's his own fault although I doubt he will to be honest. All the work was completed correctly.
Boss is taking risks.