• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The United Church Of Bacon

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This organization - based in Las Vegas - claims to worship bacon and position themselves as a skeptic / atheist alternative to traditional religions.
About the United Church of Bacon

Praise Bacon

Are you tired of religious people being seen as morally superior to skeptics & atheists? Of religions getting special privileges in the law, because they’re perceived as better than secular non-profit organizations?

As a protest, a group of skeptic and atheist friends had a fantastic idea in 2010. Let’s start a real, legal church with a funny name, and then demand the same rights as mainstream religions:

We oppose supernatural claims. We are skeptics and atheists. In our religion, we doubt religion.
We fight discrimination. Atheists and non-believers are not inferior and should not be hated and marginalized.

We raise money for charity and are striving to be the most generous church in the world.
Our officiants perform legal weddings for member’s friends and family and always for free. How joyful!

We expose religious privileges as silly by claiming the same rights for Bacon.
Praise Bacon If you prefer to praise Vegetarian Bacon or Turkey Bacon that is fine!

We now have over 25,000 members from around the world and have performed hundreds of weddings. Join us! Raise your voice in protest, and to Praise Bacon!
FULL STORY (Church Website): https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/

I kinda feel confused because I want to laugh but it seems inappropriate as they do good things and it's not just a joke!

Bet their sermons are just crackling with energy!

Praise the Lard!

baconchurch.jpg

Back