The Unwhinge Thread

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
I would just like to post some appreciation for all the members of this forum.

It is easily the most welcoming, supportive, interesting, reassuring, uplifting, funny and inclusive online community I've ever encountered.

Thanks guys!

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Who decides what words are included in the list of words available for predictive texting on phones? My phone has the words "eggbound", "Hitler", and "Stinson" in it.

I don't tend to text very frequently about Hitler or use euphemisms for constipation in my messages, and (assuming Stinson is a surname) have never encountered anyone of that name.
Well, I used to go to a school with a kid called Eggbound Stinson...

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
It seems that the antibiotics I'm on are working (thus far).
My infected foot seems to be less red than it was.
Hope it clears up before I run out of these capsules!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I would just like to post some appreciation for all the members of this forum.

It is easily the most welcoming, supportive, interesting, reassuring, uplifting, funny and inclusive online community I've ever encountered.

Thanks guys!

I agree - I haven't been feeling very well recently, but always try to make a point of dropping in here daily, even if I don't say anything, there's always something interesting or funny been posted.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I agree - I haven't been feeling very well recently, but always try to make a point of dropping in here daily, even if I don't say anything, there's always something interesting or funny been posted.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Caught spouses doing what exactly? :sneaky2:
Actually, t'board has been a seething morass of lust in its day. Might still be, I dunno!
Certain posters would work their way through the memberlist like a hot knife in butter.
It all bypassed me as I had enough going on! but I heard the stories. :omg:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Actually, t'board has been a seething morass of lust in its day. Might still be, I dunno!
Certain posters would work their way through the memberlist like a hot knife in butter.
Rynner was a sly old seadog alright..

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Well, the forum is famous for its fine, upstanding members.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
.. and there was no way he was sharing a cave with a bunch of farting tossers ..
[Throws a can of beans into the air]
I'm ready!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate carrying coins around, so for the entire time I lived at my former apartment, I emptied my pockets or all change at the end of the day and dumped it into a giant glass cider bottle that we acquired somewhere.

For reference, the largest Korean coin (W500) is worth 30p.

We finally got around to changing them all up at the bank last week, and to my amazement there was a shade over £430!

I've bought a first edition by Ronald Searle, and we're going to stay in a nice hotel over Chuseok (Korean thanksgiving).

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It's all very well until you nearly die laughing. That sort of 'can't breathe for laughing' you got at primary school.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I hate carrying coins around, so for the entire time I lived at my former apartment, I emptied my pockets or all change at the end of the day and dumped it into a giant glass cider bottle that we acquired somewhere.

We finally got around to changing them all up at the bank last week, and to my amazement there was a shade over £430!

I've bought a first edition by Ronald Searle, and we're going to stay in a nice hotel over Chuseok (Korean thanksgiving).
Jesus- just how big is the cider bottle?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Jesus- just how big is the cider bottle?

A giant two-litre job.

Those W500 are about the size of a UK 50p coin, but round.

They soon add up!

The machine at the bank was rather cool, too: you set it to one coin-type, dump the whole lot in the top and it deposits them in a plastic tray at the bottom, wrapped in labelled paper-tubes of 30 (so W15,000) at a time. Smaller coins (like W100s) bundle different amounts in different sized wraps (I forget how much).

Then you take your tray to the cashier, and she (invariably she) deposits it or change it into notes for you.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My waking and working day has been extended, and although I haven't made any change to my diet (and I deliberately haven't weighed myself), in the past six to eight weeks, I've evidently lost enough weight to mean that all the medium-sized t-shirts that were languishing at the back or the drawer for two years now fit again.

The extra walk each day has also tightened up all my leg muscles--the only part of my body that has ever had any particular definition of note.

Win.
So I see...
quad-exercise-routine-2.jpg

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score

That jogged my memory and I looked out some jars I had with loose change lurking at the back of a cupboard for ages. Turns out it was 4 large (300g) coffee jars and two smaller ones full of assorted coins. I counted one of the smaller ones and it came to over £120 - and I hadn't started on the coppers and 5p coins.
Might make a start to my Christmas shopping...now what do I want from Santa?

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
That jogged my memory and I looked out some jars I had with loose change lurking at the back of a cupboard for ages. Turns out it was 4 large (300g) coffee jars and two smaller ones full of assorted coins. I counted one of the smaller ones and it came to over £120 - and I hadn't started on the coppers and 5p coins.
Might make a start to my Christmas shopping...now what do I want from Santa?
A flying motorcycle! Here's one I prepared earlier...
maxresdefault-3.jpg

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A giant two-litre job.

Those W500 are about the size of a UK 50p coin, but round.

They soon add up!

The machine at the bank was rather cool, too: you set it to one coin-type, dump the whole lot in the top and it deposits them in a plastic tray at the bottom, wrapped in labelled paper-tubes of 30 (so W15,000) at a time. Smaller coins (like W100s) bundle different amounts in different sized wraps (I forget how much).

Then you take your tray to the cashier, and she (invariably she) deposits it or change it into notes for you.
Since Covid we’ve been using plastic to pay for everything so we don’t accumulate any change in our change jar. A little before Covid began we dumped it into the machine at the bank and it came to a couple of hundred quid that was credited to our household account.
I still have my Guinness Toucan “piggy” bank that is full of the rarer coinage that I picked up in my change that is worth a little more than face value, but not dealing in cash anymore nothing new has been added in the last 18 months. There was a few hundred quids worth of face value coinage in it last time I got the grandsons to empty it and tally it up.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/10906955/rare-coins-uk-2p-50p/

74054BE2-871E-4F7C-A80C-32B81B104666.jpeg

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
I like how the only safety feature there is tucking his tie in.
I'd love to see the inside of his shed. I bet the time machine and the matter transporter are still down the back.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I'd love to see the inside of his shed. I bet the time machine and the matter transporter are still down the back.
Watch his Youtube channel. You can see his workshop, his shed and the underground bunker he built.