The Unwhinge Thread

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I just heard from my Mum that my youngest nephew has got engaged to his Canadian girlfriend!
All throughout the lockdown period, he's been constantly in touch with her online and now he's over in Canada.
I feel really happy for him, as his previous long-term girlfriend turned him down (no idea why, he's a lovely lad).

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Because of lockdown my daughter hasn't been able to go to the hairdresser so on Monday she asked me if I would trim it for her.
I cut my own hair but was a bit wary of doing hers.
Anyway at work her fellow workers and customers have been telling her how nice it looks.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Have you tried Moogoo cream for the eczema? I gave some to my daughter for her toddler and it seems to have worked.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Have you tried Moogoo cream for the eczema? I gave some to my daughter for her toddler and it seems to have worked.
Never heard of it, but I'll try anything - thanks.
I'm using betnovate, which the doc prescribed.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
1631361739658.png
On Google it says you have it in the U.K.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Years ago a relation and his wife were referred to the fertility clinic.

Relation turned up and was given a sample tub and directed to a cubicle.
He was rather indignant about this and asked if there was any other way.
The burly male nurse replied 'Yes, I can put a glove on and stimulate your prostate.'
'My prostate? How do you do that?'
The nurse explained, and Relation scurried off to the cubicle and the well-thumbed copy of Razzle.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Years ago a relation and his wife were referred to the fertility clinic.

Relation turned up and was given a sample tub and directed to a cubicle.
He was rather indignant about this and asked if there was any other way.
The burly male nurse replied 'Yes, I can put a glove on and stimulate your prostate.'
'My prostate? How do you do that?'
The nurse explained, and Relation scurried off to the cubicle and the well-thumbed copy of Razzle.

As made famous by comedy movie Road Trip.

Bad Bungle

Glass of rum 'n' uncanny.
Reaction score
Spent 15 minutes this evening renewing my annual train pass for tomorrow. This is a tidy £5,000, but since it was £4,872 last September (I really need to find a job nearer to home) I didn't think the increase was that bad.
However, because Chiltern Railways just failed to meet its punctuality commitments (driver shortages, trespassers on tracks etc) and my renewal was before the end of this month, I was given 5% off (£250). So, paid less this year than last year.
Can start saving up for next year.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Spent 15 minutes this evening renewing my annual train pass for tomorrow. This is a tidy £5,000, but since it was £4,872 last September (I really need to find a job nearer to home) I didn't think the increase was that bad.
However, because Chiltern Railways just failed to meet its punctuality commitments (driver shortages, trespassers on tracks etc) and my renewal was before the end of this month, I was given 5% off (£250). So, paid less this year than last year.
Find a job closer to home. £5,000 is a big wedge.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

“Let the train take the piss strain.”

maximus otter

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
Zoom has worked well and I can attend the symposium I've been invited to. Contributing on Intersectionality and Autism. Well pleased to be invited - it's in Trinidad and Tobago! Alas, not in person...

1632137234044.png

Last edited:

ChasFink

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Hello, my dear friends! I must share my good news!

Today I got the following text message:
Your phone # has won you the sum of €850,00.00 Euro from the Euro Million lottery. Contact agent Sandra William via email: [email protected]

I can't believe how lucky I, an American who never entered a European lottery, am. Also very lucky are the nine other people with the same area code and telephone exchange who were included on the same message.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Hello, my dear friends! I must share my good news!

Today I got the following text message:

I can't believe how lucky I, an American who never entered a European lottery, am. Also very lucky are the nine other people with the same area code and telephone exchange who were included on the same message.

I keep having banks wanting to give me money via text link:rofl:.

ps I don't know what I did to screw up this post:dunno:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
You quoted the entirety of ChasFink's post, then inserted a return / line break at two places within the quoted passage. Inserting a return / line break "breaks" the quote at that point.

If you delete back across the break the pieces of the fragmented quote get re-assembled as they originally appeared.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
After the home phone not working for some time after the earthquake yesterday I got one of those fake NBN calls telling me my internet would be cut off unless I pressed a number.
I waited till the voice stopped then called them a B..... idiot and hung up. I think it made me feel better I had something to yell at.
Obviously in spite of covid and earthquakes the scammers are still working.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep having banks wanting to give me money via text link:rofl:.

Considering my bank won't tell me the time without two passwords, the precise spelling of my cat's grandmother's maiden name and the date of birth of my postman, I find it challenging to believe they'll ever be itching to dump a fat deposit in my account.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
After the home phone not working for some time after the earthquake yesterday I got one of those fake NBN calls telling me my internet would be cut off unless I pressed a number.
I waited till the voice stopped then called them a B..... idiot and hung up. I think it made me feel better I had something to yell at.
Obviously in spite of covid and earthquakes the scammers are still working.
Yes, recently I have answered my phone in the hopes that it is a warning that my computer has a virus so that I can tell them that I am perfectly fine as I've had both my shots.

Unfortunately, it has always been a recorded scam message and hangs up when I don't "press number 1 for Chinese" and just wait for someone to speak. Very disappointing:evillaugh:.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
As a superstitious counterbalance to my recent 'whinge':

The scales tell me that I'm now under 70kg / 11 stone for the first time in several years.

Didn't start as a conscious attempt to lose weight, but now I'm planning to stay busy and see whether I can manage a bit more.

I think that about 65kg is supposedly plum in the middle of 'ideal' for my height, although with my natural build and face-shape, that'll make me look pretty thin.

We'll see--the only goal is to feel good; I'm not really chasing numbers, just observing them.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
As a superstitious counterbalance to my recent 'whinge':

The scales tell me that I'm now under 70kg / 11 stone for the first time in several years.

Didn't start as a conscious attempt to lose weight, but now I'm planning to stay busy and see whether I can manage a bit more.

I think that about 65kg is supposedly plum in the middle of 'ideal' for my height, although with my natural build and face-shape, that'll make me look pretty thin.

We'll see--the only goal is to feel good; I'm not really chasing numbers, just observing them.
I'd like to be that thin again.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to be that thin again.

My 'diet' has been to cut two and half to three hours off my nightly sleep five days a week and make up the difference with black coffee.

Somewhat shockingly, my body has been wholly cooperative and I haven't really felt tired.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
My 'diet' has been to cut two and half to three hours off my nightly sleep five days a week and make up the difference with black coffee.

Somewhat shockingly, my body has been wholly cooperative and I haven't really felt tired.
Aha - the Karl Lagerfeld diet.