The Unwhinge Thread

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
In the summer i had booked a virgin train to liverpool for december, using the ticket- pick up -machines-things at euston, last night i had the sudden realisation that the debit card i paid for the tickets with had expired so i couldnt use it to collect the tickets.

I sent an email to virgin saying "omgf!!! what do i do!!!" late last night and this morning there was a reply saying

Thank you for your e-mail.

As you are one of our valued customer hence, you can collect all the tickets booked under the above e-mail from any ticket machine using any valid debit/credit card.

If they hadn't stopped me from using the toilet in the fist class lounge last time i was traveling ooop north i would think even more highly of them :D

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
If they hadn't stopped me from using the toilet in the fist class lounge last time i was traveling ooop north i would think even more highly of them :D
Fist class? For boxers only? :D

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
:oops: i am pleased the women stopped me! she must have realised i wasnt that sort

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful day; cold but crisp.

Woke at lunchtime to coconut water and salad - went on an afternoon trip with Mrs & Miss Yith: took a boat up a river - drank coffee and read of Africa - ate a fabulous Indonesian crab curry and drank a cold beer - motored home along the estuary at dusk as the baby slumbered:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Wonderful day; cold but crisp.

Woke at lunchtime to coconut water and salad - went on an afternoon trip with Mrs & Miss Yith: took a boat up a river - drank coffee and read of Africa - ate a fabulous Indonesian crab curry and drank a cold beer - motored home along the estuary at dusk as the baby slumbered:

So other than that, a pretty boring day huh? :cool: .. lucky you!.

birdy

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
We brought our puppy home yesterday, a Bedlington Terrier. She is beyond cute and didn't cry once when we left her to sleep downstairs last night. She only cried at 5:45 this morning, to go outside, had a poo and a pee and came back in. She is currently fast asleep spread across my wife who is lying on the sofa. :)

How is the pup? My absolute favourite breed :D

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
My friend has two of them, they are so sweet, whats her name?

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
She is a little sweetie. She sleeps downstairs in a crate but we bring her up to bed for a couple of hours at about 6am. They really do bring your heart rate down.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Amused myself a little this morning with usual scam artists. Asian voice saying they were conducting a survey of how I liked my bank. I told her one I don't use and thought that will keep you occupied for awhile. Later they rang again, but being a bit bored by now told them I was the cleaner.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
She looks adorable, and i love the black and white photo the best Spud

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Refuweegie!
I love us sometimes :) both the us that's been here a long time and the us that's just turned up! :glee:
Migrants should be greeted with a Glasgow Smile and a Glasgow Kiss...

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
:oops: sorry, being autistic. Remember when John Smeaton challenged terrorists to come and said we'd batter them? bit of a hero here!

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I have no idea where to post this so I just hopped onto the first thread I saw. Go to Lemmy's funeral YouTube page (
) and watch all the tributes to this God of a man...it's incredible and hugely moving.

Love you, you sexy dude!!

Fluttermoth

Cult of Jari
Reaction score
Some of you might remember, from the whinge thread, that I've been having to go through the Atos assessment process recently :(

Just to update you all; I had an appointment for an assessment, had it cancelled; went to another, where they didn't have anyone to see me, had a major meltdown in the waiting room, and have ended up not having to go to one at all, as my advocate, GP and community psychiatric nurse have got together and organised to have the whole thing done on paper.

Shame I had to have the meltdown to get anything to happen, but I did get an appointment to see my CPN at 10 am the next morning, after having been waiting since September (!). Guess that's what happens when you threaten to chop your fingers off in front of three healthcare professionals...

Oh, I also got a 3 week diazepam (Valium) prescription sorted out for me, by my CPN, without having to go to the surgery and seeing my GP, so I'm feeling a lot better now!

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
well done hen! very well done, sorry you had to go through it...... :kiss:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Some of you might remember, from the whinge thread, that I've been having to go through the Atos assessment process recently :(

Just to update you all; I had an appointment for an assessment, had it cancelled; went to another, where they didn't have anyone to see me, had a major meltdown in the waiting room, and have ended up not having to go to one at all, as my advocate, GP and community psychiatric nurse have got together and organised to have the whole thing done on paper.

Shame I had to have the meltdown to get anything to happen, but I did get an appointment to see my CPN at 10 am the next morning, after having been waiting since September (!). Guess that's what happens when you threaten to chop your fingers off in front of three healthcare professionals...

Oh, I also got a 3 week diazepam (Valium) prescription sorted out for me, by my CPN, without having to go to the surgery and seeing my GP, so I'm feeling a lot better now!

Take care.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I was properly struck down by a virus last weekend. I'd begun feeling progressively worse as Saturday progressed and when I stepped out of my office I had a dizzy spell and had to cling onto a bookcase in a most unmanly manner so as not to fall over. I managed to get out of the building and my wife drove me home, where I sweated and shivered and spent far too long in the lavatory, staring at the floor tiles and then slept for about fifteen hours.

This is clearly not an unwhinge.

Since then I've been low-level under the weather and taking some medication, but nothing seemed to lift the general grottiness and recurring stomachaches. Under doctor's orders, I dutifully got by on bran flakes, soup, rice porridge and water, but there seemed to be no improvement, so today I declared 'f*** it' and went out to a pool bar that sells diner-type food: a fat veggie-burger and cheese, two portions of French fries, onion rings and a can of Dr. Pepper - a glorious bomb of grease, fat and sugar after which I could scarcely stand.

The result?
I feel great! Stomachache gone, energy back and a smile on my face.

Dare I extrapolate from this one instance?

Heckler

The unspeakable mass
Reaction score
Fella, keep that diet up and you'll either live forever or peg it in a month.

Either way, let us know.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I was properly struck down by a virus last weekend. I'd begun feeling progressively worse as Saturday progressed and when I stepped out of my office I had a dizzy spell and had to cling onto a bookcase in a most unmanly manner so as not to fall over. I managed to get out of the building and my wife drove me home, where I sweated and shivered and spent far too long in the lavatory, staring at the floor tiles and then slept for about fifteen hours.

This is clearly not an unwhinge.

Since then I've been low-level under the weather and taking some medication, but nothing seemed to lift the general grottiness and recurring stomachaches. Under doctor's orders, I dutifully got by on bran flakes, soup, rice porridge and water, but there seemed to be no improvement, so today I declared 'f*** it' and went out to a pool bar that sells diner-type food: a fat veggie-burger and cheese, two portions of French fries, onion rings and a can of Dr. Pepper - a glorious bomb of grease, fat and sugar after which I could scarcely stand.

The result?
I feel great! Stomachache gone, energy back and a smile on my face.

Dare I extrapolate from this one instance?
Sorry to hear you've been ill. I did wonder why you'd been absent lately.
Evidently, this proves that junk food is good for you.
There can be only one conclusion!