The Unwhinge Thread

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
WEDNESDAY:

This board hits the iceberg but we've beaten the odds and have a new one to hop onto
My pay from my last job clears on the same day so Halloween isn't cancelled (I've just found out)
Halloween will be near peak excitement
and .. I start my new job on the 2nd of November!
My Jason Hockey mask refurb is starting to look movie accurate

The day's looking up!

Swifty

.. and I re hooked up with my bestest mate when we were 13 years old from school yesterday online .. and neither of us have changed .. still into the same crap we were into in the 80's and the exact same new stuff without even being in contact !

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Day off. Did some housework, made curry for Techy's tea, did some sewing that I'd wanted to start on for ages. The sewing means I now have a new hairstyle for work!

pandacracker

Ephemeral Spectre
Yesterday I had my "basement" checked for anything unpleasant (NHS did it for free cos I'm "that age")

Just before the procedure (involving a camera and lubricating gel) I was asked if I'd had anything like this before.
Only recreationally, I replied.

Apart from the surprise of the Dr checking back and forth (which gave me a fit of the giggles) I got the all clear so it drinks on me at the Troll's Head.

Swifty

Yesterday I had my "basement" checked for anything unpleasant (NHS did it for free cos I'm "that age")

Just before the procedure (involving a camera and lubricating gel) I was asked if I'd had anything like this before.
Only recreationally, I replied.

Apart from the surprise of the Dr checking back and forth (which gave me a fit of the giggles) I got the all clear so it drinks on me at the Troll's Head.
I've had one of those cameras shoved up my wotsit as well. Twice now in fact. They let me watch it on a screen the first time, I said to the doctor and nurses in the room that it reminded me of that film Fantastic Voyage but none of them had seen the film. Fortunately, nobody quipped "Was it a short film?".

escargot

Beloved of Ra
I've had one of those cameras shoved up my wotsit as well. Twice now in fact. They let me watch it on a screen the first time, I said to the doctor and nurses in the room that it reminded me of that film Fantastic Voyage but none of them had seen the film. Fortunately, nobody quipped "Was it a short film?".
I do believe you gents're discussing two different procedures; architecturally speaking, the front porch and the back door.

Swifty

I do believe you gents're discussing two different procedures; architecturally speaking, the front porch and the back door.
I'm certain we are Skargy .. one thing remains consistent though, the camera looks like one of those black ribbed cables from The Matrix 2 (except slightly thinner than a 2B pencil).

pandacracker

Ephemeral Spectre
My camera didn't feel thinner than a 2B pencil but then I'm out of practice.

It was fascinating seeing my insides but the injecting of gas was a tad uncomfortable

cycleboy2

Abominable Snowman
My camera didn't feel thinner than a 2B pencil but then I'm out of practice.

It was fascinating seeing my insides but the injecting of gas was a tad uncomfortable
I had the same procedure a couple of weeks ago and found it decidedly unpleasant, but like you was glad of the all-clear. Drinking lots of water and eating loads of fresh veg (and I mean loads) does have a beneficial effect. Though the effect of veggie sausages and veg (carrots, broccoli, beans, leaks) may not be so beneficial for my colleagues this afternoon! (I couldn't face watching the camera's progress, preferring to clench my eyes tightly shut and panicking...)

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Miss Yith has recently moved playschools and I'm pleased to report that she has quickly made friends with her classmates. I asked her to tell me some of their names, which she did.

I then said I'd like to meet them and asked what would they say if I came to school and talked to them. She replied:

"They'd say, [Changes language to Korean]"I can't speak English."

And then she fell back on the bed, laughing hysterically.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
My new Unicorn Robot T. rex gym leggings have provided much amusement. Especially with all they big serious lifters hahaha, they're all rocking Rogue, SBD and Strength Shop clothing and I've got the gloriousness of a T. rex firing lasers from it's eyes :D

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
We've had a mad flurry of correspondence since Sunday, but now it's time to kick back at MOD HQ.

Crack open the vino, Stu!

MOD HQ.jpg

Kryptonite

Seeker of truth, drinker of tea.
I'm glad that the move to the new forum has been successful and pleased to see so many familiar names posting!

Also, I was up at Dark O'clock this morning due to being unable to sleep. Sat at the window and watched two foxes playing outside, a squirrel sitting on the wall washing its face and some wood pigeons bumbling about like they do.

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
I'm glad that the move to the new forum has been successful and pleased to see so many familiar names posting!

Also, I was up at Dark O'clock this morning due to being unable to sleep. Sat at the window and watched two foxes playing outside, a squirrel sitting on the wall washing its face and some wood pigeons bumbling about like they do.
Don't trust squirrels.

cycleboy2

Abominable Snowman
I went to a book reading/signing with the great Ian Rankin this evening - had a very good burger in a pub (yeah, I know…), a glass of white wine and then the event, which was excellent. And in a moment of synchronicity, I'm flipping through the channels when I get home and alighted on an episode of Family Guy, which links explicitly to something that Ian rankin said, that his new novel has a theme explicitly influenced by Stand By Me. (Don't worry, this is only a spoiler for about the first three pages of his new novel.)

(Isn't it great having the forum back, not that my employer will improve…)