The Unwhinge Thread

Reaction score
We had two hedgehogs in the garden at the same time yesterday evening! Is it possible that we might end up being godparents to hoglets?
Our single (we think) hedgehog has been seen speeding around the neighbourhood.

HURRAH!!!!

It's nature making a comeback because everyone is staying indoors. Beware, we'll be fighting them off with sticks next.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Im pretty much resigned to going home some time this week.

But this means I will be looked after; All I will need to do is loaf around doing crafts and painting my warhammer figures.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
All I will need to do is loaf around doing crafts and painting my warhammer figures.
you describe my life at the moment!

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We have a family of roe deer in our garden quite regularly - very occasionally the stag, doe and the two nearly fully grown offspring. A couple of weeks ago we had a very brief visit by a pair of muntjacs though they left before I could get a picture. Pics of the roe deer family aren't recent but mum's recognisable from the white scar on her rump in both pics. I'm not giving Maximum Otter my address as I reckon even I could shoot them at this range (not that I would, of course...).

IMG_0671 copy.jpg
IMG_0740 copy.jpg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My boss at my main employer made an announcement today.
He's phasing himself into retirement (lucky bastard - he's the same age as me). As part of this, he and the other shareholders have created a trust and sold their shares to it. They're creating a John Lewis-style partnership where we (the employees) get to own a slice of the company.
It's an exciting development. Glad I stayed with them now. My bonuses have always been good at this place, but with hard work, they have the potential to be even bigger.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Those are grand deer, Cycleboy. I hope your neighbours arent Rose fanciers.

(Deer are Rose fanciers too)

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Oh, and yesterday, while out, a sparrowhawk landed on the pavement (sidewalk) right in front of me, with a bird in its talons.

Nature, red in tooth and claw!
We have a sparrowhawk that quite regularly takes the small birds from the bird-table, amazingly quick and graceful birds.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Sparrowhawks are beautiful animals, admirably ruthless too. Sometimes see them in the garden.