The Unwhinge Thread

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Despite house arrest, I have now lost 30lbs in weight since 1.7.2020.

I am down from a podgy 14 stone 7lbs to a (relatively) Darcey Bussell-like 12 stone 5lbs.

BMI 23.4; 34" jeans now pretty loose.

maximus otter
Height?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
6'

maximus otter
Then I can officially grant you your 'Not a Teletubby' badge.

I've definitely put on a couple of pounds and am probably at your weight with, alas, a couple of inches less height.

Diet has remained constant, but outdoor activity has taken a plunge. We always tended to go somewhere and do a lot of walking during the trip, but so many places have been closed this year that we've stayed home and I've failed to replace the exercise with local walks.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Despite house arrest, I have now lost 30lbs in weight since 1.7.2020.

I am down from a podgy 14 stone 7lbs to a (relatively) Darcey Bussell-like 12 stone 5lbs.

BMI 23.4; 34" jeans now pretty loose.

maximus otter
Exactly the same as you. Except the other way round.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please give us some comment on these links you've posted? We don't encourage contextless "headline + link" and nothing else.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A lovely way to start the day – first off, the cat crawls under the cover with me and stays for a while. When I get up to open the window I see a squirrel scooting across the grass just as a deer enters our garden, followed soon by her fawn from last year (the family have been regular visitors for six-seven years or so and there have been at least four young; one year mum had two fawns, which is unusual). There were male blackbirds flapping around with each other next door and plenty of tits or finches – with my glasses I can tell the difference! Without, they're small birds, though they were probably tits.

I'll do my work emails now (freelance life is busy... at present) and then go out on the bike for a few hours. If I was to complain I'd like some sunshine rather than this greyness, but that's me being picky!

Last edited:

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! It makes searching easier, plus if the link dies in the future we at least know what it was about.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Diet has remained constant, but outdoor activity has taken a plunge. We always tended to go somewhere and do a lot of walking during the trip, but so many places have been closed this year that we've stayed home and I've failed to replace the exercise with local walks.
Yup, exercise is the answer. Move around more, be healthier and less fat. Simple.

Or get a gastric band. :chuckle:

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
No dedicated thread for Sir Henry, but he's been mentioned here and there.
I must go and listen to it all again and cheer myself up. I still dream of being able to bark at someone ‘i didn’t realise it was her turn‘ after ‘how dare you swear in front of my wife’. Not happened yet.

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
I must go and listen to it all again and cheer myself up. I still dream of being able to bark at someone ‘i didn’t realise it was her turn‘ after ‘how dare you swear in front of my wife’. Not happened yet.
That "I didn't realise it was her turn" line always used to puzzle me, as I'd assumed it was a Sir-Henry-ism, but it wasn't on my cassette copy, which I'd asked a friend to make for me from his vinyl version. Years later, I found out that he'd decided to get suitably, ah, fortified for the occasion, meaning that he'd become incapable of turning the record over halfway through... On the plus side, this meant there was new material for me to enjoy.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
That "I didn't realise it was her turn" line always used to puzzle me, as I'd assumed it was a Sir-Henry-ism, but it wasn't on my cassette copy, which I'd asked a friend to make for me from his vinyl version. Years later, I found out that he'd decided to get suitably, ah, fortified for the occasion, meaning that he'd become incapable of turning the record over halfway through... On the plus side, this meant there was new material for me to enjoy.
Wasn't it originally a Groucho Marx quip?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Me and my best mate starting about 40 years ago have been able to get back in touch .. we last hung out in '97. When restrictions are lifted he wants to fly over to visit. Fuck knows where he lives nowadays. Our shared stories are the stuff of legend/OK, maybe not that good but we have a lot in common. He's basically me and visa versa, we'll obviously have both changed a bit but I'm a bit pleased about this :) .. we also did karate, he's mega good these days so something above 5th dan .. I'm going to have a fight with him on Cromer beach. :badge:.. and he'll beat me again.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Me and my best mate starting about 40 years ago have been able to get back in touch .. we last hung out in '97. When restrictions are lifted he wants to fly over to visit. Fuck knows where he lives nowadays. Our shared stories are the stuff of legend/OK, maybe not that good but we have a lot in common. He's basically me and visa versa, we'll obviously have both changed a bit but I'm a bit pleased about this :) .. we also did karate, he's mega good these days so something above 5th dan .. I'm going to have a fight with him on Cromer beach. :badge:.. and he'll beat me again.
Get him to fight the deer on the beach as well.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just watched Richard Osman's House of Games, which featured Sally Phillips and Ronni Ancona. That was a nice way to spend half an hour...

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
l called in at the local supermarket to buy a bottle of Famous Grouse for the weekend, and the woman on the till asked me to lift my Buff because l looked too young to be buying booze.

l’m 65.

:D

maximus otter
I had that a while back. I pointed to my head and said 'look - grey hair - I'm an oldie'. That did the trick.