• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Anyone else following the trial? I don’t see how she can be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It is as plain as the nose on ur face she was part of the conspiracy to kill all four, yet no evidence has come to light outside of circumstantial testimony. I’m not confident she will get what she deserves. I’m glad I’m not on that jury.

This mother is special. She was selected by the cosmos to be queen and kill her kids so she could fuck a toad who murdered his long-suffering wife. Yup.
I haven't been following this trial, but always in these high-profile cases it is a problem when choosing a jury.
Prospective jurors are asked if they are aware of the case and have made any pre-judgments, which can eliminate many.
Not always, but sometimes the jury pool that is left from that process may be those who are doubters or non-believers in the evidence.

Anyone else following the trial? I don’t see how she can be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It is as plain as the nose on ur face she was part of the conspiracy to kill all four, yet no evidence has come to light outside of circumstantial testimony. I’m not confident she will get what she deserves. I’m glad I’m not on that jury.

I'm interested in the case but haven't followed the trial proceedings. Would you recommend any links which summarise the trial to date?

Try Google for a summary. We're at day 14 now. I'm using daily updates on Youtube. Mainly Nate Eaton at East Idaho News.
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/...-foam-tammys-death-more-plus-a-special-guest/

I also follow Lauren Matthias at Hidden True Crime

and Scott Reisch at Crime Talk.
https://www.youtube.com/@CrimeTalk/videos

Those three are the professionals. They've been on every moment since the beginning. Eaton was the one who went to Hawaii and got in Chad and Lori's face, for all the good that did.

I'm not following the trial closely. What do you mean by "circumstantial"? Contrary to popular belief, many people are convicted on circumstantial evidence. And is she accused of conspiracy? "As plain as the nose on your face" is pretty much the same as "beyond a reasonable doubt".

What do you mean by "circumstantial"?
I mean the witness testimonies.
Contrary to popular belief, many people are convicted on circumstantial evidence.
Correct.
And is she accused of conspiracy?
Yes. It is unlikely that they died by her hand, but the prosecution are arguing she was a co-conspirator with Chad and Alex to have them all liquidated. It is unclear if it was Chad or Alex who did the deeds but most assume Alex was the executioner.
"As plain as the nose on your face" is pretty much the same as "beyond a reasonable doubt".
I have no doubt, but the jury are only permitted to judge on what is presented in court. Maybe they will find the timeline of events and the things said about her are enough to convict. Maybe they won't.

There has been no smoking gun moment yet, but the prosecution have done far better with their case than I'd previously have given them credit for, especially given the paucity of hard evidence against her. Their witnesses have been strong. Defense has been rather minimal on cross.

It is unknown if defense will call Lori to testify. They start calling defense witnesses this week I think.

Today at trial it came out that Lori Vallow's hair was found on duct tape wrapped around her son.

Lori Vallow murder trial day 19: Hair from 'Doomsday mom' found on duct tape wrapped around dead son​

BOISE, Idaho - A piece of Lori Vallow's hair was apparently stuck to a piece of duct tape wrapped around her murdered 7-year-old son's body, a witness testified Monday, according to local reports.
"The partial DNA profile matched the DNA profile provided for Lori Vallow Daybell," DNA analyst Keeley Coleman testified Monday of the hair stuck to a piece of adhesive. The adhesive had been wrapped around J.J.'s body when investigators found him buried on Daybell's property in June 2020, according to East Idaho News reporter Nate Eaton."

So hard to read this.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/lori-vallow-murder-trial-day-19

(Reminds me so much of the 'Caylee Anthony' case down in Florida of 2011, where duct tape from the mother's home was found wrapped around 2-1/2 year old Caylee's skull. And the mother was unbelievably acquitted.)

Probably won’t amount to much in the final analysis as he was in her care until his death. You’d expect there to be her hair on his clothing etc. Still, every little bit that ties her to the event is important.

Prosecution rests. They called 60 witnesses across 5 weeks. Defence witnesses? None!!

Lori pleads the fifth and does not testify in her own defence. Closing args tomoz. Jury to deliberate afterwards, but not sure when. Verdict probably out Monday. Lay your bets.

Most commentators seem to think it’ll be a slam dunk. I’m not convinced. In any case I think appellate issues will arise immediately upon a guilty verdict and life sentence. This will stretch out for decades but she should be behind bars for all of it hopefully. She pleaded not guilty to all charges and is IMO certainly guilty on all counts, so Judge Boyce should give no quarter, no parole.

There is something going on here... it's been bubbling along for weeks with unsatisfying reports. Plus, there's a Fortean element.
I've been wondering what you meant, beyond the early obvious nutcakery of the villains, when you said this back in early 2020. It looks like this post might have been on a mainstream news thread and later collated in this sub-forum. That said, the depths of moral depravity plumbed by the Cox siblings in the name of Jesus Christ has borne out the truth of your assertion beyond anything that could be imagined at the time.

Now that the trial has exposed what they did to those poor children, I have to confess I'm properly horrified at what their, especially Lori's, agenda represented. I'll develop my analysis here later if anyone's interested in my opinion. Suffice to say I now think Lori is more shark than human. She is exactly where she should be. In a cage.

Apparently Jesus understands her.

Lori Vallow Daybell, the Idaho mother convicted of murdering her two children and conspiring to murder her husband's ex-wife, was sentenced to life in prison on Monday without possibility of parole.

Vallow, 50, was convicted in May following a three-year investigation into the 2019 deaths of her children, 16-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua Jaxon "JJ" Vallow. She was also charged on conspiracy counts in the death of Tammy Daybell, former wife of Vallow's husband Chris Daybell, and in the death of her late husband Charles Vallow.

All four victims were killed in 2019. Vallow had pleaded not guilty to all charges. ...

While addressing the court on Monday, Vallow spoke about her relationship with Jesus and again claimed that "no one was murdered in this case."

"Jesus knows me and Jesus understands me," she said, according to a report from USA Today. "I mourn with all of you who mourn my children and Tammy. Jesus Christ knows the truth of what happened here. Jesus Christ knows that no one was murdered in this case. Accidental deaths happen. Suicides happen. Fatal side effects from medications happen." ...

https://www.newsweek.com/jesus-unde...addresses-court-before-life-sentence-1816528?

Apparently Jesus understands her.

Lori Vallow Daybell, the Idaho mother convicted of murdering her two children and conspiring to murder her husband's ex-wife, was sentenced to life in prison on Monday without possibility of parole.

Vallow, 50, was convicted in May following a three-year investigation into the 2019 deaths of her children, 16-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua Jaxon "JJ" Vallow. She was also charged on conspiracy counts in the death of Tammy Daybell, former wife of Vallow's husband Chris Daybell, and in the death of her late husband Charles Vallow.

All four victims were killed in 2019. Vallow had pleaded not guilty to all charges. ...

While addressing the court on Monday, Vallow spoke about her relationship with Jesus and again claimed that "no one was murdered in this case."

"Jesus knows me and Jesus understands me," she said, according to a report from USA Today. "I mourn with all of you who mourn my children and Tammy. Jesus Christ knows the truth of what happened here. Jesus Christ knows that no one was murdered in this case. Accidental deaths happen. Suicides happen. Fatal side effects from medications happen." ...

https://www.newsweek.com/jesus-unde...addresses-court-before-life-sentence-1816528?
Not even Jesus understands her...

I doubt she mourns....

The convict has no soul. To mourn would be to possess a modicum of human feeling. The convict fed those kids to the shredder. It handed them over to whatever devils possessed its mind at the time and those devils took their full toll.

It ain’t a mother.
It ain’t a woman.
It ain’t a human.
It sure as hell ain’t any relation to the Jesus I was raised to know and love. Hell no.

Oh_Boy_here_we_go_again_413978.jpg

DOOMSDAY FAMILY MISSING: 16-YR-OLD BLAZE THIBAUDEAU ABDUCTED. Friends and family need answers.

Same doctrine. Same LDS offshoot group. Same scenario. Julie Rowe, Melanie Gibb et al influenced this family, same as they did to Daybell and Vallow.

Nate Eaton broke the story Thursday.

Lauren Mathias fleshes out the connections.

The book called Visions of Glory is like the cursed text that takes over the minds of the credulous. This discussion features Lori Vallow's cousin and highlights how this book and its author Tom Harrison is the source of all the chaos.

You won't believe what you're hearing. In the current ongoing situation, the family leaves Arizona, absconds to Idaho (sound familiar?} and has now moved into Canada, possibly to wilderness west of Alberta.

Updates daily until the boy is recovered.

Eaton has also spoken to the boy's BIL. His pain is excruciating.

What strikes me in this is the deception of the wife (Blaze's sister) in manipulating her husband. Lies, deception and obfuscation are so often the MO of these avowed truthseekers. The hypocrisy is startling.

Charges now laid {USA} against the mother and uncle. The family is likely in Canada now, so it's over to the RCMP = god help him.

An article about the missing teen.

A 16-year-old boy has been reported missing, and his father believes he was “abducted” by his doomsday-believing mother.

Blaze Thibaudeau is believed to have been taken out of Arizona by his mother, Spring Thibaudeau, to Idaho and left with two other family members, the Gilbert Police Department announced on Friday.

The teenager’s father, Ben Thibaudeau, spoke in an interview with EastIdahoNews.com, saying he fears his wife has taken his son as they allegedly believe that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is approaching.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...hibaudeau-doomsday-family-idaho-b2437151.html

Those pictures make him look 30, not 16. Odd.

Back