• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

Or Zombie Flesh Eaters as it was known in its video nasty days. Funny how we've gone to this material being the worst kind of depravity to the biggest show on TV.

Anyway, action packed episode (41 minutes according to Amazon), but what was the twist ending about? Are they telling is the whole attack was futile? Keep that for Fear the Walking Dead, please.

Hmm, guess that spin-off won't be happening! Maybe we can get a Jerry spin-off?

I dunno, this show, sometimes I think, well, I'm over this now, and then the next episode, like this week's, will be excellent. Maybe because Carol and Ezekiel (yes, and you, Jerry) are damn good characters, but this was the best episode for ages, exciting and full of emotion. Plus more zombies than there have been in ages! OK, I'm back on board.

Another good episode, does two in a row constitute a "roll"? Eugene doesn't look it, but he has a low cunning. Anyway, never mind that, there was a tiny scene where Rick looks up in the sky and sees... no spoilers, but it was a throwaway detail where once the ep was over you thought, hey, wait a minute...

Another good episode, does two in a row constitute a "roll"? Eugene doesn't look it, but he has a low cunning. Anyway, never mind that, there was a tiny scene where Rick looks up in the sky and sees... no spoilers, but it was a throwaway detail where once the ep was over you thought, hey, wait a minute...

Yeah, I like the way things are developing.

Oh, I guess this was the grieving episode, but apart from the Death Wish 3 reference it wasn't very exciting. At least Michonne got something to do for the first time in ages.

Well, that was a real shock. Neil was probably my favourite character. Seriously, though, who the hell was Neil? To make up for that, we have one of the long-standing cast members shown the exit, probably because they can't hide the fact he can't act very well and have admitted defeat. But for all the pleasures of seeing things go to pot, I don't feel like we're any further on than we were last season.

Well, that was a real shock. Neil was probably my favourite character. Seriously, though, who the hell was Neil? To make up for that, we have one of the long-standing cast members shown the exit, probably because they can't hide the fact he can't act very well and have admitted defeat. But for all the pleasures of seeing things go to pot, I don't feel like we're any further on than we were last season.

Agreed. Overall it's been a pretty dull season that barely advanced the plot at all.
Easily the weakest season so far.

Who was booted off the show? I've practically given up on it now.

edit: Nevermind I've googled it. It wasn't in the comics to my knowledge was it?

Last edited:
No idea, I don't read the comics, but I suspect the actor wanted to move on so asked to be written out. He always looks bloody miserable to be there anyway.

This season has apparently been haemorrhaging viewers, so it might not last much longer.

It's big, it's bad, it's back, it's boring! I thought Carl was going to last until Judith was an adult at that rate. More interesting was the other thread with Lennie James soul-searching. Any truth to the rumour that Lauren Cohan has left the show?

Oh well, there go the junkyard Vulcans. But I'm getting tired of the Rick-Negan cockfight, seems we've been stuck here for a very long time.

This week's was the best episode since it came back, but that feeling of marching on the spot continues. Oh yeah, and there is no God.

And this week's was slightly better than last, finally we might be getting somewhere. How nice to have met someone decent in the zombie apocalypse too - Maggie almost smiled. No surprises that Rick couldn't shoot Negan at close range when otherwise he can hit a zombie in the head at thirty paces.

I'd forgotten about Jesus! But there he was, still alive. Can't help feeling this week's was a two steps back episode, though. It's a frustrating watch.

There's that darn helicopter again. Does Junkyard Vulcan lady actually know what it is and where it comes from? Interesting musing over what a life of killing would do to you psychologically, but that story... it's stuck in the mud, wheels spinning.

There goes another major character... it would be really brave of them to allow Negan to win. Which is what they seem to be doing. Eugene is full on moustache-twirling evil now.

Sorry Eugene, I misjudged you. Not surprised you got a slap, mind you. So that was that, it felt like the end of the whole shebang, no cliffhanger or nothin'. I suppose Fear the Walking Dead continues and they want to have a team up arc. I... think it's coming back? It has been haemorrhaging viewers...

Sorry Eugene, I misjudged you. Not surprised you got a slap, mind you. So that was that, it felt like the end of the whole shebang, no cliffhanger or nothin'. I suppose Fear the Walking Dead continues and they want to have a team up arc. I... think it's coming back? It has been haemorrhaging viewers...

I just want some indication that there's an end in sight.
Thought we were getting that back when Eugene spoke about a lab investigating a cure.
That turned out to be a lie though and The Walking Dead turned into endless soap opera territory.

I just want some indication that there's an end in sight.
Thought we were getting that back when Eugene spoke about a lab investigating a cure.
That turned out to be a lie though and The Walking Dead turned into endless soap opera territory.

The comic's still going, so I guess the TV version goes on for as long as it keeps making money.

Any Brits of a certain age reminded of The Adventure Game by the first ten minutes of this week's season opener? Ooh, new title sequence at last - wisely, they've kept the theme tune. Looks more political than before (you can't say he didn't have it coming).

[QUOTE="blessmycottonsocks, post: 1749461, member: 4895]Eugene spoke about a lab investigating a cure.
That turned out to be a lie though and The Walking Dead turned into endless soap opera territory.[/QUOTE]

That was years ago! We list interest soon after that.

So farewell, then
Rick
No one thought you were groovy
You're not really dead
You'll live on in a TV movie.

Apparently this was Lauren Cohan's last episode too! Bury the lede, why don't you?

So farewell, then
Maggie
You had to go
After you made Negan cry
Off to your new, unrelated show.

I hope this isn't going to turn into Walking Dead Babies, after the cliffhanger this week. How many tiny little girls can handle a handgun anyway?

Back