• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

Just watched this on 'demand5', yeah, I'm interested to see how it all pans out. Not sure Sainsbury did much research though, their ads are for meat joints, having just seen a bunch of zombies chow down on a horse, not sure a leg of lamb is all that enticing right now.

There was a tribute to The Walking Dead on this week's episode of Fringe.

The characters are having an acid trip/inner voyage type thing an find themselves for no particular reason on a rooftop where lots of zombies start coming out the door at them, then have a fight where one zombie gets thrown into an enormous fan and disintegrates(!)

I think the rooftop location kind of clinched it :lol:

Oh well, that was the first season, got a bit boring after the second episode. I suppose it did bring something new to the zombie table: soap opera. Not sure that's too compelling on this evidence. Wasn't too bad, though, just not great.

A friend has just lent me the first three books.
Well worth reading and the story is completely different to the tv programme.

The second series is on next month! :D

escargot1 said:
The second series is on next month! :D

It's been that long since I saw the first series that I can't really remember much of what happened. :(

Did it end with some really bad 'green screening'/CGI near that research complex?

The first series is being repeated on FX now.

Lotsa behind the scenes drama on this show. The main guy behind the show, Frank Darabont, was fired early into the second season's filming and was replaced. AMC also cut the per episode budget drastically. They guy who wrote the books, whose name escapes me, is still with the show.

StoryofE said:
Lotsa behind the scenes drama on this show. The main guy behind the show, Frank Darabont, was fired early into the second season's filming and was replaced. AMC also cut the per episode budget drastically. They guy who wrote the books, whose name escapes me, is still with the show.

Doesn't bode too well, the cost cutting episodes in the first season were pretty boring so if there's more like that it's going to be The Tripods all over again.

Doesn't bode too well, the cost cutting episodes in the first season were pretty boring

Every alternate episode?

I really hope they don;t screw it up, because this series does seem to have potential.

Second series starting tonight! :D

Wow! Didn't see the end of S2 Ep1 coming... :eek:

Looks like it could shape up to be quite interesting.

We loved it, especially when he asked for a 'sign' and look what he got... :shock:

We loved it, especially when he asked for a 'sign' and look what he got... Shocked

That was superbly done, was dreading something glurgey was about to happen and then bam! subverted! :shock:

I think this season is working out quite well, this weeks wasn;t too bad for a budget saver episode.

Anyone else still following this show?

'cos I just have to say :shock: :shock: didn;t see that coming :shock:

What channel is it on?
I only have the basic Freeview channels...

I just got round to watching the mid-season finale episode which was shocking and incredibly emotional, I thought they did a great job.

Bit puzzled by the concept of a "mid-season finale" though!

Heh, we liked the twist. You find out why someone wanted someone to, er, do something rather than another thing.

I hate mid-season breaks. Had a nice Monday night AMerican horror Story and The Walking Dead doublebill routine going.

Interesting to see if they continue season two down on the farm or if they move it on to a new setting. My bet, they head onwards to the military base and instead of finding help become prisoners in some kind of predictable Guantanamo allegory.

The show could work with them constantly moving on across America for years but they seem to get bogged down in human drama too much. I just wanna see zombie shootouts! :twisted:

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who thought that was a homage to Bad taste? :lol:

Season 2 started up on Channel 5 last night. I'll keep watching, but the problem for me is interesting situations cursed with incredibly boring characters. My eyes glaze over zombie-like when a conversation goes on for more than thirty seconds. Plus that cliffhanger was a bit rubbish.

gncxx said:
Season 2 started up on Channel 5 last night.

Interesting to see one of the characters choosing the loudest motorcycle in the world as a means of transport. Then they wonder why the zombies are following them along the road.

I'd like to see the fuel will run out so that the survivors have to take up cycling. Pedalling like buggery, wild-eyed with fear, pursued by shambling wrecks of humanity. A bit like my daily commute. :lol:

Back