• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

I really wouldn't care if they didn't even bother with zombies at all in some episodes. After all, the show really is more about the conflict between those trying to stay alive. However, it looks like the penultimate episode is going to revolve around trying to get the members of Oceanside on side, which will mean the the final episode is just the start of the revolt against Neagan.
It feels like they've really taken the piss and drawn this out far too long. Personally I think we should have been at this point at the start of the second half of this season.

This weeks episode was really drawn out same as last week. Need for some tightening up.

I dunno, this week's was more like taking a few deep breaths to steel themselves for the grand finale. I liked getting to know the characters a little more.

I've gotten to the point where I'm so frustrated at the excruciatingly slow threads of the storyline, ridiculous behaviour from some characters who would know better and the obvious lack of time to properly wrap up Negan this series that I'm hoping Negan has a salvaged nuke and which gets detonated ala The Stand and ends the whole shebang.

I have a feeling that pill is like Chekov's gun and someone's going to swallow it sooner or later. But an OK episode, ticked along but is anyone feeling there's a few too many characters now? It's getting a bit scattered, plotwise. Last in the season next week, yeah?

but is anyone feeling there's a few too many characters now? It's getting a bit scattered, plotwise. Last in the season next week, yeah?

I see the trip to Oceanside included some of the Alexandrian's who we've barely seen this series. That's a sure sign that they're going to get killed in next weeks melee. Aaron's boyfriend is definitely a goner. I hope Sasha isn't the finales "big death shocker", as it's been far too obvious she was going to die - Not least of all because the actress is now under contract to another show!

I was thinking Aaron's boyfriend's days were numbered! There's a few characters, even ones with the actor's name in the opening titles, who hardly get a cough and a spit in too many episodes.

There's a few characters, even ones with the actor's name in the opening titles, who hardly get a cough and a spit in too many episodes.

I often wonder how that work out with regards to remuneration. Do the principal cast get a flat (fat) fee per season, or are they paid per episode.

I think we can say that Rick, Carl, Michonne, Darryl, Maggie and Carol won't be dying anytime too soon..

All out war! But not in this season, you have to wait for it. I see this finale has been getting some stick online, but I liked it, it illustrated the flaws in Negan's sadistic attitude to leadership, winning the enemy over tactics and all. Plus, who couldn't enjoy seeing the tiger spring into action?

Compared with Fear the... it's a brilliant show!

Plus, who couldn't enjoy seeing the tiger spring into action?

How did the tiger know who the bad guys were, and why didn't it initially lunge for Negan swinging Lucille as oppose to some stationary Saviour?!

Was that carved wooden soldier left by Dwight to say he didn't know about the Trash Yard Kids' betrayal?

How did the tiger know who the bad guys were, and why didn't it initially lunge for Negan swinging Lucille as oppose to some stationary Saviour?!

Was that carved wooden soldier left by Dwight to say he didn't know about the Trash Yard Kids' betrayal?

Even the tiger knows you don't eat the star. It was Dwight who left the carving, yes. The Garbage People were nicknamed the Vulcans by a friend of mine, but after this week they were clearly the Romulans.

Well, this is... no, I despair. The guy that plays Eugene has been getting death threats:
http://www.avclub.com/article/walking-deads-josh-mcdermitt-quits-social-media-ov-254818

Not because of anything the actor has done, perfectly decent guy apparently, but because of what his character has done, turning into a baddie. Is this the equivalent of old ladies hitting Leslie Grantham with their umbrellas because of what Dirty Den did? Because it's being taken to a new level.

Is this the equivalent of old ladies hitting Leslie Grantham with their umbrellas because of what Dirty Den did? Because it's being taken to a new level.
Perhaps not quite. Because Leslie Grantham has done time for murder.

Well, this is... no, I despair. The guy that plays Eugene has been getting death threats:
http://www.avclub.com/article/walking-deads-josh-mcdermitt-quits-social-media-ov-254818

Not because of anything the actor has done, perfectly decent guy apparently, but because of what his character has done, turning into a baddie. Is this the equivalent of old ladies hitting Leslie Grantham with their umbrellas because of what Dirty Den did? Because it's being taken to a new level.
This is nothing new though GNG .. I remember my Mum telling me about members of the public threatening TV soap opera actors from Cross Roads and more that lived near us .. people can't separate fact from fiction when .. when .. well, you get the idea ..

Perhaps not quite. Because Leslie Grantham has done time for murder.

OK, let's step up a gear, little old ladies hitting Larry Hagman with their umbrellas because of what J.R. did. I'm pretty sure Larry never murdered anyone. Apart from his agent after getting booked on Shooting Stars.

Back, back, back, and a very decent episode with something important actually happening. Glad they have not done and dusted the Negan plotline in 45 minutes, anyway. Not sure about the new sweary dialogue they're allowed, sounded a bit silly, especially Negan's climactic exchange. No idea what the flashforwards denoted, but it's enough to get me tuned in next week.

A sound episode, though the multiple (possible futures?) flashforwards were disconcerting.

For a bunch of people who have whinged about lack of ammo previously, they display a strange propensity for clicking the fun switch past Pew! to Pew!Pew!Pew! and blazing away at nothing in particular apart from glazing.

0ZYZpwW.jpg

On a related note, US law places serious obstacles in the path of anyone wanting to own a sound moderator ("silencer") for a rifle; and ownership of automatic ("full auto") weapons is rare and prohibitively expensive to achieve. From what pool of available post-apocalyptic weapons are the Walking Dead cast getting their kit?

maximus otter

Good to see it back, but agree about the hugely profligate use of ammo and didn't it all seem a bit too easy?
Surely Negan would have had sounder perimeter defences?

I found it confusing. I think I'll watch it again, I might have been over tired at the time.

One minute he's standing over a grave, the next he's lying in bed with a gray beard? :dunno:

What the fuck are "shittin pants"?

Negan "hope you're wearing your shittin pants"

Zombie apocalypse - you suddenly need shittin pants? Do you make them or something?

What the fuck are "shittin pants"?

Negan "hope you're wearing your shittin pants"

Zombie apocalypse - you suddenly need shittin pants? Do you make them or something?

I think Negan was trying to be funny. You know when someone surprises you and you say *You scared the shit out of me*? Well, the preacher didn't know that Negan was there. So, when Negan let him know of his presence, he figured the preacher would shit his pants.

PS: Your post really gave me a good laugh. Thanks. :D

Hated last night's episode. Just more mindless shoot-em-up action.
I almost nodded off before the end. And are those ad-breaks getting longer and more frequent? I reckon, over the 1 hour broadcast time, we only get 35 minutes of the show.
Has the Walking Dead jumped the shark?

Back