• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

I hope this isn't going to turn into Walking Dead Babies, after the cliffhanger this week. How many tiny little girls can handle a handgun anyway?

Must admit there were hoots of derision in chateau Bless at Rick's miraculous survival and evacuation.
Wonder if he'll turn up in the promised crossover with the next season of Fear the Walking Dead?

It's certainly not the compulsive viewing it was a couple of seasons ago.

Last edited:
Must admit there were hoots of derision in chateau Bless at Rick's miraculous survival and evacuation.
Wonder if he'll turn up in the promised crossover with the next season of Fear the Walking Dead?

No, it's been haemorrhaging viewers for a few seasons now, but the TV channel are acting as if it's still their flagship show with its spin-offs and TV movie specials planned. It used to be the biggest TV show in the world, but those days are gone.

Wow! The little bird pecking worms out of a zombie to feed her chicks at the start of tonight's episode was a brilliant and poignant scene.

I've just been alerted to the fact that the episode contained a cannon Walking Dead Evil Dead crossover/injoke. Two large ones in fact. Here's the what and why about it all:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/11/evil-dead-walking-dead-crossover/

I'm not sure yet because the show kept showing Rick going through alternate realities, I think Rick being flown off in the helicopter at the end was a metaphor for him dying and going to heaven .. we'll find out in the next episode.

Last edited:
This week's episode - am I hearing things or did one of the zombies speak, right at the end when the horde was traipsing past? No idea what it said. Anyone?

This week's episode - am I hearing things or did one of the zombies speak, right at the end when the horde was traipsing past? No idea what it said. Anyone?
It sounded like "Where are they?" .. the talking dead it seems ( not unlike Return Of The Living Dead's "Send more paramedics" zombie and the woman zombie tied to the table in the morgue wailing and talking btw not to mention talking Bub in Day Of The Dead so nothing new in zombie fandom) .. I'm assuming 'The Whisperers' are referring to this new talking zombies thing (an evolution of 'The Walkers') in the show but I don't know. Just a theory.

Last edited:

Wow, l did not notice that.

lt adds a new dimension of ickiness to the proceedings, doesn’t it?

maximus otter

I did hear the voice at the end of the episode and had to rewind and listen again because I thought I might going crackers. Apparently in full it was "Where are they? They must be close...don't let them get away."

I did hear the voice at the end of the episode and had to rewind and listen again because I thought I might going crackers. Apparently in full it was "Where are they? They must be close...don't let them get away."

Not sure I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept "walkie-talkies".

Thanks, everyone, I thought I was hearing things! The Talking Dead?

Ah, I suspected the source would enter into it, but I thought the Whisperers were living characters. Guess I'm about to learn otherwise?

What was with this week's play-fighting scene? It was like something out of a Pink Panther sequel.

Why do I get the feeling that Judith is the Scrappy Doo of the Walking Dead?
The last time I gave a shit, she was called 'lil ass kicker' .. and why are any of them letting her sit next to Negan's jail cell window so he can work his Charles Mansonesque head fuck on her ? .. hopefully she'll be the one that finally kills him.

I haven’t watched it forever but decided to watch Rick’s last episode and then I watched the next one after that. I think I’ll go back to not watching. I’m over it.

Seems the most popular online observation about this show is to announce you're not watching it anymore. However, if you are, another major character who didn't do very much has been bumped off, though presumably he'll be back in three days. Bit disappointed in the revelation of the reason the zombies are talking. But, cliffhanger - is that it till next year?

Seems the most popular online observation about this show is to announce you're not watching it anymore. However, if you are, another major character who didn't do very much has been bumped off, though presumably he'll be back in three days. Bit disappointed in the revelation of the reason the zombies are talking. But, cliffhanger - is that it till next year?
I've just tried the newest episode and I'm with the naysayers GNC .. occasionally a good episode still happens but if I wanted to watch a load of people discussing their next council meeting endlessly then I'd watch Eastenders .. and if I wanted to watch a load of hipsters and strong women in their time I'd watch Eastenders .. and if I wanted to watch a load of both stereotypes who've decided to start wearing medieval clothing even though it's only been about ten years since the zombie armagedon speaking in a badly written "And whilst we fight, our people die starving." kind of way, I'd watch Game Of Thrones. Or Eastenders.

Last edited:
You're in luck, they're still making Z Nation - oops, it's been cancelled.

Aaaand Danai Gurira's out, no more Michonne after season 10. Another good reason to watch this gone.

I have to admit to not watching this since the first season where they got to the 'safe zone'.

Just sort of didn't grab me anymore, no pun intended.

Back